Empty Bottle(s) Support Group for 2023:

1 hour ago, Anwalt said:

And down the hatch it went.

Red Spot.jpg

How much are those in US? Available?

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Obree said:

How much are those in US? Available?

The Red Spots are hard to find here.  750 ml goes for $150 (Ohio, a control state, they are rarely available) to $200 elsewhere (and even then, hard to find in most places).  This one was from Ohio, pure luck on my part.  I have more, all 700 ml that I got in St Maarten for $105 USD each.  I noticed that they were widely available in France for 105 Euros (so $124 USD at current rates).  Indeed, the Spots were all much cheaper in France than here.  Not sure if the same applies to other Irish whiskies.

• I like it 1

I finished my bottle of 60% Eagle Rare-40% Benchmark Full Proof.  Fixin to make up another bottle soon.  TO MY TASTE the blend is better than either one alone.

• I like it 3

My first SFTB.  Total conversion to the Dark Side.

This one's been shared with a fair number of people to good effect.  It has served, the next shall be of service.

Edit:  Mother in Law wanted the bottle for her room as a decoration, she likes the horse.  Glad she took an empty instead of a full.  And confirms: Those BT people know how to market!

SFTB Down.jpg

Edited by Anwalt
  • I like it 4

13 hours ago, Anwalt said:

My first SFTB.  Total conversion to the Dark Side.

This one's been shared with a fair number of people to good effect.  It has served, the next shall be of service.

Edit:  Mother in Law wanted the bottle for her room as a decoration, she likes the horse.  Glad she took an empty instead of a full.  And confirms: Those BT people know how to market!

SFTB Down.jpg

Nice! Now make sure to get her all the (empty) other horsies to spell Blanton's

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Obree said:

Nice! Now make sure to get her all the (empty) other horsies to spell Blanton's

All of the SFTBs I've managed to buy (7 at last count) have had the regular Blanton's tops.  Only the Blanton's Golds (now available in the good ol' US of A in 750ml bottles and "black" Blanton's bags) use the gold tops.  I have heard of sterling silver horsey tops, but never seen any (Maison du Whiskey maybe?).  YMMV.   🥰

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

All of the SFTBs I've managed to buy (7 at last count) have had the regular Blanton's tops.  Only the Blanton's Golds (now available in the good ol' US of A in 750ml bottles and "black" Blanton's bags) use the gold tops.  I have heard of sterling silver horsey tops, but never seen any (Maison du Whiskey maybe?).  YMMV.   🥰

There is a silver edition out there, but at ridiculous prices (if you find one at all). Most others including the Japan only editions and the LMDW have the regular (bronze colored) horsie, except indeed for the gold and some other special ones that have a golden one, I think. 

E00240-1.jpg

• I like it 3

A sad day indeed.  I believe the may be a backup somewhere but definitely a few cousins around.

image1.jpeg

• I like it 6

Cleaning out the empties in the cabinet from the past few months. Not a let down in the bunch. To the bin they go.

IMG_4471.jpg

• I like it 6

20 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

Cleaning out the empties in the cabinet from the past few months. Not a let down in the bunch. To the bin they go.

IMG_4471.jpg

If the Phillies keep playing the way they have been, my empties will be looking like that weekly! 

• I like it 2

Another one bites the dust… at least two more in the bunker. AE has become a staple for the last 10 years since I did a shootout with a customer from Kentucky at the old Brandy Library in Tribeca, NYC. 4 of us on the customer tab and this was one of the favorites, against better names and price points.

DF4392AE-A4D7-4B20-8142-E4F8BE7D50D9.jpeg

• I like it 3

This is a tremendous value, butterscotch bomb full of sweetness.  Is that even a sentence?  Thanks for the memories. 

IMG_20230407_233805__01__01.jpg

• I like it 3

6 hours ago, Thomm said:

This is a tremendous value, butterscotch bomb full of sweetness.  Is that even a sentence?  Thanks for the memories. 

IMG_20230407_233805__01__01.jpg

Absolute value for money!

Continuing the bunker beatdown. Finished these fellows off yesterday.

Pat

20230407_234536.jpg

20230407_234552.jpg

• I like it 5

We finished this one last night. I like it,  a lot, i'm not certain I love it.

20230408_202145.jpg

• I like it 3

9 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Well, that escalated quickly.

20230409_204603.jpg

Spoken like a true Weller Whore.  🫨

• I like it 5

Speaking like “the” true Weller Whore (winka winka), a couple of years ago, I blended handles of Weller SR, Weller 12 and Weller Antique into my 2021 Weller Blend. Well, last week the lone remaining handle of my 2021 Weller Blend gave up its last. 🫨 A rough guesstimate of 1/4-1/3 of my blend was shared via samples, informal tastings and Wednesday get togethers of our local bourbon/cigar group. Man, it was a helluva ride for a helluva blend. Very sad to see this one depart. 🫨

IMG_1786.thumb.jpeg.57087aa13c27a89494b29184ccffccbf.jpeg

• I like it 7

11 hours ago, Anwalt said:

There's a Queen song about this entire thread....

Gold Bye Bye.jpg

That is a sad pic.

• I like it 2

I've been away lately but getting back into the groove.  This handle was very worthy of serving duty in my old Jack Daniel's Fenton glass decanter on my bar.  All gone now.  This stuff is a challenger for best overall "budget" bourbon.  I'm now on the lookout in my bunker for a replacement to put in the JD decanter...

20230411_052612.thumb.jpg.df25c78eea1f66bc16f2591f9c44f135.jpg

• I like it 5