What Bourbon Are You Drinking Spring 2023

PaulO

Clicked on Stuff & Whiskey drinking Stagg 18 and ECBP A123.  I don't have those so I am drinking ECBP C922 and a sip of Stagg Jr 15 from a sample, the only Stagg I have.

• I like it 1

After cracking open an old red EC12, it was singing so much I decided to crank things up a notch.  So good.

20230616_203619.thumb.jpg.0fb4b7370670454cb0c3809e0e40e088.jpg

• I like it 9

Family took me out for Father's Day tonight. I miss the days of them being little yet I enjoy them as adults. 

KC with dinner,  followed by Rock Town and Dickel 13 year old BIB x2 as a night cap. The Foo Fighters on the speakers and all is right tonight. 

• I like it 5

2 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Family took me out for Father's Day tonight. I miss the days of them being little yet I enjoy them as adults. 

KC with dinner,  followed by Rock Town and Dickel 13 year old BIB x2 as a night cap. The Foo Fighters on the speakers and all is right tonight. 

Nice.  Happy FD!

• I like it 1

We enjoyed the high school graduation party for my wife's niece at a park in Westfield.  The weather was beautiful and everything nice.  Now that I'm home, the adult beverages can come out - WT 101.

• I like it 2

Our bourbon club meeting this past week was Makers & Bakers. Of course everyone wanted to try the Bakers 13y, but the winner of the Bakers was the 7y3m SB. On the MM side the new 2023 BEP was the clear winner, next was MM 101. This is such an underrated bourbon for the money. 
CD3586B3-3C6D-4942-A891-5070B08F7A96.thumb.jpeg.3b8f0931f4e5bde9de96b7bdfef53f8f.jpeg

• I like it 8

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

Our bourbon club meeting this past week was Makers & Bakers. Of course everyone wanted to try the Bakers 13y, but the winner of the Bakers was the 7y3m SB. On the MM side the new 2023 BEP was the clear winner, next was MM 101. This is such an underrated bourbon for the money. 
CD3586B3-3C6D-4942-A891-5070B08F7A96.thumb.jpeg.3b8f0931f4e5bde9de96b7bdfef53f8f.jpeg

The BEP is fantastic. 

I remembered (for a change!) what I keep trying to remind myself; that I need to stop saving the good stuph for company.   I'm sure nobody relishes any of it more than me... right?

So, I pulled out a private pick of 4-R, OESQ, 118+-proof from my local monger (last bottle; but, still 3/4-full).    I wasn't on the tasting panel for this one; but they absolutely done good!    This is one of the top 3-or-4- picks of 4-R I've ever tasted... and that's saying a lot.   It is a cross between a ginger-bread and an oatmeal spice cookie.   Quite sweet entry followed by a spice explosion and looooong slowly evolving finish.     I totally LOVE this one!!!!!!

• I like it 5

Some JMCB by a bonfire.  We needed to burn off some brush (and still do).   So hot dogs over the fire, potato salad and s’mores for desert.

• I like it 3

Happy Fathers day to all!!  Had a WT101 Old Fashioned, followed up with a Col EHT small batch. Might dig into a Blanton's Gold while watching the US Open.  Good day. 

• I like it 5

Bourbon bloody Mary’s with some homemade cinnamon rolls.   Happy Fathers Day to all!

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 1

On 6/16/2023 at 7:54 PM, smokinjoe said:

OGD 114 on a big clear cube is magical, tonight.  

I haven’t had an OGD114 in ages, seems like everyone’s been talking about it on SB lately, I need to go hunt one down and get in on that action 

A well deserved pour of EW 1783 after a lot of running around.

My wife's car got a recall notice in the mail (transmission control unit) and guess what, as if on cue, transmission quit working properly.  So I made a 100 mile round trip to borrow a car.

Her car has an appointment at the Ford dealer for diagnostic, but they say if it is the recall part, it's back ordered three weeks.  Her car as is, not drivable.  Dealer had better have a loner car to drive.  I don't care what it is.

So that's my Fathers Day, but that's what fathers do, whatever they have to.

• I like it 4

Was too beat to post last night, but enjoyed a nice solid pour of JJB SiB, followed by OGD BIB.

Got up early yesterday for 18. Walked it and carried my clubs like I was 20 again. Needless to say by the 14th hole I was pretty faded in the sun, but finished strong for a 40 yr old. Got home, played with legos with my 3 1/2 yr old. Took a bike ride with the fam. Grilled. And finally got my feet up with some bourbon for back nine of the USOpen. Good day.

Hope all fathers and father figures had a great day!

• I like it 5

Time to cut the grass.  ECBP A123 really helps.   Can’t believe how great this batch is. May need a self driving mower. 

IMG_0370.jpeg

• I like it 3

Monday "working man's pour" of WT 101.  Every time I hit this bottle it delivers. 

• I like it 2

Having a MM BEP, so good. Bought some at Frootbat yesterday. Going to put two into the stash for later. 

• I like it 2

Opened up Terrible Tuesday with a BBC HR Origin. Needed a booster so went with a Remus Repeal VI, next. Not as good as the V, but x10 the BBC 6yr old.

Finally, a MM BRT-01. Really easy to understand why this was my fav of 2022 ...

Waiting in the wings: A grouper po-boy withe feta fries from a local Greek food truck - YUM!!!

• I like it 3

BBC d4, I love this edition.  I am glad I bunkered a few.

• I like it 3

Pour of Dickel BIB 13 year, WT101, and another WT101.  Traveling to west-central KY tomorrow for work.  Owensboro, Central City. Any suggestions on restaurants or liquor stores appreciated.  I will be there a few days. I am not driving so I am stuck in that area.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, FacePlant said:

Enjoying a little red weller or OWA107 as the board knows it. Paired with a Nice Smoke Here.

Who knows it as Red Weller??  🤣🤣🤣

• I like it 2

Well Dammit.  I should be at the beach in Sandestin right now.  But, work and it’s plain Dumbfuckery keeps me here.  Need something strong to get me past day one.

DE75BB22-08BD-4EFF-AAE3-D06925FF03DB.jpeg

• I like it 7