What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Winter 2023?

Skinsfan1311

I guess that I'll get it started with a screw top. 😉

20231222_172034.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 4

8 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I guess that I'll get it started with a screw top. 😉

That’s what she said. 🤣

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

That’s what she said. 🤣

No, she said "put a cork in it, buddy!"  Sorry, I couldn't resist. 😀

• I like it 1

Pretty much a dry December, except for a small overpriced drink at the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Yuletide Celebration last Saturday.  Just a brief reset before the Holidays.  Having a real pour of KC9 tonight.  

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Pretty much a dry December, except for a small overpriced drink at the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Yuletide Celebration last Saturday.  Just a brief reset before the Holidays.  Having a real pour of KC9 tonight.  

KC9 is always a good choice.

• I like it 1

A nice calibration standard.  😎

Of course, I need to add another point of reference to verify the correlation coefficient between alcohol consumption and not really caring about anything but the upcoming holiday weekend.  I have a zero reference point and 100 proof reference point.  Should my next reference point fall within the 0 to 100 proof range or establish a reference point to infinity and beyond?  Oh, I am talking about? I will test the top end of the curve with ECBP 131 proof.  😉

If I post a 😉 in the forums, does that make me a Pappy Van "Wink"le?  

22 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

KC9 is always a good choice.

A nice calibration standard.  😀

Of course, I need to add another point of reference to verify the correlation coefficient between alcohol consumption and not really caring about anything but the upcoming holiday weekend.  I have a zero reference point and 100 proof reference point.  Should my next reference point fall within the 0 to 100 proof range or establish a reference point to infinity and beyond?  Oh, I am talking about? I will test the top end of the curve with ECBP 131 proof.  😉

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

39 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

A nice calibration standard.  😀

Of course, I need to add another point of reference to verify the correlation coefficient between alcohol consumption and not really caring about anything but the upcoming holiday weekend.  I have a zero reference point and 100 proof reference point.  Should my next reference point fall within the 0 to 100 proof range or establish a reference point to infinity and beyond?  Oh, I am talking about? I will test the top end of the curve with ECBP 131 proof.  😉

Yes....to both of those questions 😉

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

That’s what she said. 🤣

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

No, she said "put a cork in it, buddy!"  Sorry, I couldn't resist. 😀

It's like you guys were there!

• I like it 2

Ahh.  Switching over to the new season.  Winter is such a great bourbon drinking time.  So, my start is a KC9 while enjoying the lights of the Christmas Tree and college bowl game on the TV.

• I like it 5

OGD114 this afternoon.  Maybe, a Hershey kiss, or two…😂

859BAA3C-5099-47D2-AAB2-7C4B04F70CA6.jpeg

• I like it 12

I’m still working on the WTKS.  It will be a likely candidate for the Empty Bottle thread before the night is over.

• I like it 2

51 minutes ago, markandrex said:

I’m still working on the WTKS.  It will be a likely candidate for the Empty Bottle thread before the night is over.

That’s the Spirit!!!! 👍🏻👍🏻

• I like it 1

On 12/22/2023 at 7:45 PM, JCwhammie said:

Cheers to the start of Christmas weekend. 

IMG_5409.jpeg

My wife's 98 year old Aunt recently passed away, and the funeral is not yet scheduled but will take place in Muncie, IN.  Is it wrong that I can't help but look forward to attending, at least in part, because it gives me the opportunity to restock the KC 12 at Indiana prices?  

• I like it 1

45 minutes ago, Thomm said:

My wife's 98 year old Aunt recently passed away, and the funeral is not yet scheduled but will take place in Muncie, IN.  Is it wrong that I can't help but look forward to attending, at least in part, because it gives me the opportunity to restock the KC 12 at Indiana prices?  

If you attend the funeral you are certainly entitled to any side trip excursions of convenience.  You'll be down here regardless.  Your wife's aunt would want you to be happy.  Drink a toast to her when you all are back home.  And don't feel you need to limit yourself to just the KC 12.

• I like it 4

Finished off an ECBP 9 year 131.7 proof store pick.  I struggled to find the sweet spot with this bottle. Proofed it down to 111 and added a couple of small cubes.  As sometimes happens, I finally found it in the final pours. 😀

Keep an eye out for Santa tonight.  I hear he is getting close. 

• I like it 4