What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Winter 2023?

Skinsfan1311

Sipping on a Green River Wheated Bourbon.  A couple of sessions into this bottle, and my opinion is favorable.  While, I enjoy the first third of the sip better than the second third, and the second third better than the finish, it is nonetheless enjoyable in its entirety.  

2 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Chattanooga 111 as I smoke salmon tonight. Late Merry Christmas to all you SB’ers!!

Late Merry Christmas to you CUfan!

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 1

11 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Enjoyed a pour of KC9 celebrating the life of my uncle.  We attended the memorial and mass today.  He passed away at the age of 95 at the end of last year.  My aunt passed away early last year and he held out as long as his body and spirit would allow.  They had been married almost 70 years.  He retired at 62 and they spent the next 30 years playing golf and traveling.  Other than vision problems both enjoyed fairly good health until the last few years.  No sorrow or sadness only fond memories.

He was the last living member of his generation on either side of my family.  

I will have another pour while the memories are fresh in my mind.   

I'm sorry for the loss...but glad that he had a long life and left you with fond memories.

• I like it 3

Going old school tonight with some WT101.  

• I like it 2

JD Single Barrel Select

I don’t drink regular Jack, haunted by too many Jack & Cokes in my younger days, but I picked this 375 up on an impulse buy today and am thoroughly impressed! It’s completely different from the well bottle. Just what I need, another itch to scratch!

IMG_6439.jpeg

• I like it 9

Sticking with the WT101, going down quite easy on a windy and rainy evening.

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

JD Single Barrel Select

I don’t drink regular Jack, haunted by too many Jack & Cokes in my younger days, but I picked this 375 up on an impulse buy today and am thoroughly impressed! It’s completely different from the well bottle. Just what I need, another itch to scratch!

IMG_6439.jpeg

You would be hard-pressed to find a better bang for the buck in barrel-proofers.  

I love the stuff and have more squirreled way than I will drink in my lifetime.  The rye is amazing.

• I like it 3

17 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

You would be hard-pressed to find a better bang for the buck in barrel-proofers.  

I love the stuff and have more squirreled way than I will drink in my lifetime.  The rye is amazing.

I’ll try the rye next…gotta find one first though 

• I like it 1

Remus Repeal V while waiting on the wife.  

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, jvd99 said:

I’ll try the rye next…gotta find one first though 

That can be tough sledding. at least in our neck of the woods, (Baltimore Metro area).    It took me a long time to find it.  I've been trying to avoid buying to concentrate on whittling down the bunker.  If I'm buying it has to be a special bottle, (or when the WT101 and/or John J. Bowman fill levels get low:ph34r:)   

I asked them to check the bottles to see if they were from different barrels and, as luck would have it, they did.   * I bought one of each.   

* I almost bought four, but I know how long it took to snag it, so hopefully a few more people will get the opportunity to get their hands on a bottle...

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 1

19 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

That can be tough sledding. at least in our neck of the woods, (Baltimore Metro area).    It took me a long time to find it.  I've been trying to avoid buying to concentrate on whittling down the bunker.  If I'm buying it has to be a special bottle, (or when the WT101 and/or John J. Bowman fill levels get low:ph34r:)   

I asked them to check the bottles to see if they were from different barrels and, as luck would have it, they did.   * I bought one of each.   

* I almost bought four, but I know how long it took to snag it, so hopefully a few more people will get the opportunity to get their hands on a bottle...

Question - Is the JD12 a one off, annual release or part of the regular lineup? I have one because my LS store manager offered it to me and my brother likes JD so I bought it with the intention of giving it to him, but now I’m itching for my own bottle and was wondering if they’ll come back around in 2024

Reloaded a Bulleit last week, and sipping it now while prepping the food for Taco Night.  I have grown to really enjoy this whiskey over the last year, or so.  I buy it by the family size, and fill the kid as required.  By the looks of this quickly lowering fill level, I’m thinking a refill ain’t too far away…🤪

2D4CD98C-DA96-4897-96D5-0E9433697534.jpeg

• I like it 4

52 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Question - Is the JD12 a one off, annual release or part of the regular lineup? I have one because my LS store manager offered it to me and my brother likes JD so I bought it with the intention of giving it to him, but now I’m itching for my own bottle and was wondering if they’ll come back around in 2024

Sorry....I don't have a clue.

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Just a bit further east from you they seem to be flush with the rye. I've seen racks of them in Southern Maryland while down there. They are findable enough up north as well, but seems like the bulk is below rt 50.

• I like it 1

19 minutes ago, Mattk said:

Just a bit further east from you they seem to be flush with the rye. I've seen racks of them in Southern Maryland while down there. They are findable enough up north as well, but seems like the bulk is below rt 50.

The barrel proof?

Good to know.

I travel through Walforf & La Plata a few times a year and pass several liquor stores before hitting the Potomac river bridge, but I've never stopped in one.  

Thanks!

• I like it 1

BIB night here. HH 7 and ET. Both good, but tonight the nod goes to the ET. This is an older bottle, so yes it has the traits of Brown Forman/Old Forester. The HH 7 is now plentiful. Keeping my fingers crossed on the ET becoming more available. Only a couple of pours left of the ET I have open. I have a new bottle waiting in the wings. I reckon we’ll see. 🤞

• I like it 2

A few years back I had one of the early batches, and it was just okay. This one's pretty dang good. 

IMG_5655.jpeg

• I like it 3

The wind is howling, the temperature is dropping and the fire is crackling, seems like a perfect Bookers night.

• I like it 5

30 minutes ago, markandrex said:

The wind is howling, the temperature is dropping and the fire is crackling, seems like a perfect Bookers night.

Stay warm and thirsty, my friend!

As for me, the wind is howling, the temperature is dropping and I am drinking OGD114😎

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 5

22 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

A few years back I had one of the early batches, and it was just okay. This one's pretty dang good.

Yeah, that Larceny B523 is heads and shoulders above the early batches.  It's the best one I've had so far.  I currently have a C922 open and it's really quite good too.  Hard to tell without a sbs but, from memory, I don't think it's quite as good as B523. 

• I like it 2

Wind is starting to howl here too MM101 in the glass....

20240112_202221.jpg

• I like it 7

it's 14 degrees outside and dropping. Painted the kitchen, went outside and split some wood, and now sipping on this to warn my insides a bit before dinner. I need to decide what evening pour to have while sitting by the fire watching tv soon.

20240113_172046.jpg

• I like it 6

My current favorite cold weather pour is not actually a bourbon. 20240113_215658.thumb.jpg.84b0d69ad21996481c99bc9cb36b05b4.jpg

So sue me lol 🤷‍♂️

• I like it 4

small group for football. fun to bring out the good stuff w friends.

IMG_0783.jpeg

• I like it 7