Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Very impressive Spun. A lot of time and effort went into your setup looks very nice.

I second that!! Nice job!

I am going on a trip next week and got a new camera today. I figured I would kill 2 birds with one stone: test the camera and post my stash. Here goes, some pics have some miscellaneous bottles grouped together.

post-1224-14489814134947_thumb.jpg

post-1224-14489814135377_thumb.jpg

post-1224-14489814135787_thumb.jpg

The last group of pictures. A big thankyou goes out to my daughter Allie ( recently promoted to the 7th grade) who helped me post the pics. I taught her well. Or maybe it was the other way around. All this posting makes me thirsty. Now to figure out what to drink. Cheers!

post-1224-14489814179266_thumb.jpg

post-1224-14489814179685_thumb.jpg

post-1224-14489814180118_thumb.jpg

Awesome collection there Thomas. It's also great to see some genuine "Aussies" in there :cool:

Well.....the camera works!

That's a very broad collection of fine whisk(e)y there my friend!

Nice work!

Scott

Thomas, That is one impressive collection! Last time I saw the Charter 101 & FR 120th they were in bubble wrap...they look a lot better in your cabinet. Thanks again for the Centennial.

I copied the picture of the older version of Weller 12 yr...Gblick

told me about how that version is better than the current one (although the new version is really good) so now I know exactly what to look for.

Have a great hunt on your trip to Florida!

-Joe

Yeah...that is a great collection of bottles. Looks like you have the bases very well covered.

Can I please get a report on the AA barrel 107....can you compare it to any of the other AA or AAA? Also, can you describe the St. George, does it taste like anything else on the market?

Thanks and good work on the stash.

Also, can you describe the St. George, does it taste like anything else on the market?

I'll offer an opinion on that.

It's an unpeated barley malt whiskey, so it's a lot like Irish or lowland malt Scotch. It's not very old, so it lacks complexity and depth. On the other hand, it's very forward, almost fruity. It's clean and very smooth.

It is a bit pricey for something so young.

I went through a bottle of it when I lived in FL. Can't get it here in OR.

Thanks Scott,

I saw a bottle in invintory when I worked in the industry. Had a hard time believing it was worth the astronomical price.

I appreciate your review...I always wondered what $200 malt whisky tasted like.

When I bought my St. Georges bottle, it was something like 35.00-37.00. Where did you see one for 200.00? I think Binnys has both the St Georges and McCarthy Oregon malts listed on their site!

Thomas

Thanks Scott,

I saw a bottle in invintory when I worked in the industry. Had a hard time believing it was worth the astronomical price.

I appreciate your review...I always wondered what $200 malt whisky tasted like.

$200?

Now I'm wondering if we're talking about the same thing.

I'm talking about the whiskey made by St. George Spirits in California.

Caddell-Williams has it on their web site for $45 (which is still kind of high for what it is).

. All this posting makes me thirsty. Now to figure out what to drink. Cheers!

I wish I was there to help you.:grin:

It has been a few years.....but the bottle looks the same. Is there by chance an aged version? Maybe, I mistook the price in the computer. I remember searching the bottle out to see what such an expensive whiskey looked like, there was only one bottle in 48 stores. The company I worked for also had White Bison for over the $100 mark.....way to much for a product from Weston Mo.

It has been a few years.....but the bottle looks the same. Is there by chance an aged version? Maybe, I mistook the price in the computer. I remember searching the bottle out to see what such an expensive whiskey looked like, there was only one bottle in 48 stores. The company I worked for also had White Bison for over the $100 mark.....way to much for a product from Weston Mo.

I think there's only one version, the six year old.

BTW, here's the notes from Jackson and Broom at Whisky magazine.

It's interesting that their notes describe it almost exactly as I remember it, but they give it a low score. As I said, I liked it, but I have to admit it's different.

If I was some sort of Master Blender trying to create an "ultimate vatting" of unpeated malts (including Irish and lowland Scotch), I'd want to have the St. George there on the shelf. The freshness and fruit would add an interesting element to the blend, if skillfully done.

As an aside, I discovered there's a new English distillery, St. George, that will be releasing its first bottling this coming December. Don't know if they plan to export to the US but they'd better expect a lawsuit from the California company if they do. See http://www.englishwhisky.co.uk/home.html

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I just figured out where I went wrong. It was not St George.....it was Charbay! It wasn't until I saw Chucks post today that I caught a clue. Sorry for the mix up.

Alright, I just figured out where I went wrong. It was not St George.....it was Charbay! It wasn't until I saw Chucks post today that I caught a clue. Sorry for the mix up.

That's okay. Happens to me all the time. I blame the whiskey.

I have seen bottles of Charbay for 300.00+ online already. I think I'll pass!

Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a few pictures of my stash. Both pictures include the same bottles, I just moved the back row to the front in the 2nd picture for a better view.

I am working with a buddy of mine to make a small display case. For right now, they're all up in a closet, except a few favorites which get to stay in the kitchen.

m153722821.jpg

m153722782.jpg

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!