Spring Stagg?

wrbriggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Best Stagg release  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Best Stagg release

• Stagg 2002 (137.6 pr)
    • Stagg 2003 (142.7 pr)
    • Stagg 2004 (129 pr)
    • Stagg S/2005 (130.9 pr)
    • Stagg S/2005 (131.8 pr)

Everyone,

We are currently undergoing the necessary due diligence with our contacts at Buffalo Trace to ensure accurate information is obtained before we make any official announcements. Please stay tuned!

Jeff, all: Here's the email I received today...

We have some very exciting news.

Immediately after the wonderful introduction of our George T. Stagg Barrel Proof Bourbon, we carefully reviewed our inventory of older barrels to see if there were some potential candidates that could be aged longer for a future George T. Stagg bottling.

Ronnie Eddins, our warehouse manager of 43 years, has been carefully watching these barrels mature in Warehouse Q.

He is proud to announce that a few barrels on floors 2 and 4 are ready for release. These barrels are 16 years and 8 months old and match the Stagg taste profile perfectly. We are attempting to schedule a spring bottling and release of George T. Stagg. It’s a little early to tell the exact bottling proof, but we’ll let you know soon.

We’ll release an allocation in a few weeks. Email me if you have any special requests. Quantities are extremely limited as always.

Kris Comstock

Bourbon Brand Manager

Buffalo Trace Distillery

www.greatbourbon.com

I received the same email, but didn't want to post it until something more official came along. That was the reason I made this post, to see if anyone else had gotten the same email.

It'll be interesting to see the demand generated by this mailing -- and how the new Stagg compares to the previous editions.

Cheers,

Omar

It'll be interesting to see the demand generated by this mailing -- and how the new Stagg compares to the previous editions.

I suspect they could sell out the entire bottling on this board prior to release.

Wish they'd try.

It is happening. I spoke with Ronnie a while back and he found some barrels that he thought were very good. I have not yet had a chance to taste them, but he has been responsible for the other Stagg releases, so I trust him on this. I don't know the production schedule, but I believe the glass has arrived and it is now a matter of getting things worked out in the bottling hall. By the way, when we do bottle, you can watch on the distillery cameras on the BT website.

Ken

I don't suppose it would be possible to follow through on the suggestion that any SB member that wants a case can be assured to get their hands on one?

I've already forwarded Kim's email to the Liquor Mgr. at my favorite store so that he can put his distributor on notice and make sure he gets some (hopefully more than last fall -- five cases total -- one of which he was kind enough to sell to me!).

I second the motion. I have gotten myself a goodly supply of Stagg from the previous two distributions (I have never tried the first), but I have actually had to work quite hard at finding supply. My local stores don't rate highly enough to get items like Stagg, and it sells out pretty quickly.

This is exciting news! woohoo.gif After buying 5 bottles of the '04, I can't wait to taste the '05. There is one store in PA that has 6 bottles of the '04. They're the only bottles in PA. Of course one of those bottles is mine, as soon as I can pick it up.

I do not know the proof at this point. I will let you guys know as soon as we marry the batch. As for getting an entire case for each SB member, well ..... I will say that we only ship complete cases into any state (3-bottles/case). If you put your request in with your favorite retailer, perhaps he will allow you to purchase a full case.

Ken

Not every member. Just every member that wants one. There can't be more than a couple hundred of those. wink.gif

I am coming to the UK the week of March 7. Okay, that is not as good as Stagg coming, but, I will try to bring some for the Whiskey Live show on the 11th and 12th.

My goal is to get some Stagg into the UK and I believe we will get a limited amount there.

Ken

Ken--

Be careful taking Stagg onto commercial airlines! Ask Barrel_Proof about his ordeal...evidently because of the high proof it's a HAZMAT!

I am coming to the UK the week of March 7. Okay, that is not as good as Stagg coming, but, I will try to bring some for the Whiskey Live show on the 11th and 12th.

My goal is to get some Stagg into the UK and I believe we will get a limited amount there.

Ken

Ironically I'm missing Whisky Live because I'm going to a friends Stag Party in Amsterdam that weekend. I am seriously fed up about missing whisky live, especially now. I'll make some enquiries about getting some here but I guess it's going to be even more expensive. I need to get to the usflag.gif

Hi Ken,

Do you know if any is coming to Japan? I would very much like to get some Stagg. I may not be able to afford it though. The only price I have seen, for the 2004 bottling, was about US $380. Sold out, of course. It just made me sick to see people talking about buying it for $40. And acting shocked when asked to pay a mere $100... sigh... frown.gif

Really, good for you guys! Just want you to know how lucky you are. I just want to get a few bottles on my shelf and a good healthy pour into my glass. I might look into getting a license to import whiskey if that would help get some good bourbon at reasonable prices.

Ed

Ed, it sounds like -- at those prices -- you'd be better off just paying for a trip to Bardstown to the Festival, where you can taste yum.gif most anything at the Gazebo and buy most anything at the nearby stores. toast.gif And have a great time doing it.

The only price I have seen, for the 2004 bottling, was about US $380. Sold out, of course. It just made me sick to see people talking about buying it for $40. And acting shocked when asked to pay a mere $100... sigh...

Ed, I shipped a bottle of 2004 Stagg & Sazerac from a US online retailer to Australia - they cost AU $178 each by the time I paid the customs duty!!! shocked.gif

The Stagg is yet to be opened, but I did crack the Sazerac, and it's worth every cent yum.gif

I'll definately be ordering the Spring Stagg if I can locate any (and once I've paid for the Van Winkle 12yo & 15yo I just ordered crazy.gif)

Great News!!!! If you go to www.buffalotrace.com and click on the distillery cameras, you will see us bottling George T. Stagg (actually they are at lunch right now, but they will be back in less than 30 minutes.

Ken

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.