Spring Stagg?

wrbriggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Best Stagg release  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Best Stagg release

• Stagg 2002 (137.6 pr)
    • Stagg 2003 (142.7 pr)
    • Stagg 2004 (129 pr)
    • Stagg S/2005 (130.9 pr)
    • Stagg S/2005 (131.8 pr)

Ken:

Do you know what the proof is going to be on this bottling and the number of bottles (approx.) that are expected to be released? For some reason I am having trouble getting the cam. to work (probably my computer).

Ken,

I notice that the two workers who are rolling the bottles into the protective foam have adopted different approaches to the task. I believe if I were doing it, I would copy the woman's approach of placing the bottle into the container of foam, rather than taking the foam out one sheet at a time.

Does BT make any attempt to standardize such tasks? I guess I still go back to the old Frederick Taylor concept of finding the "one best way".

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

They are actually rolling the bottles in a tissue paper wrapping. While it does protect the bottle from scuffing, its primary purpose is to "gift wrap" the bottle.

As for standardizing our production techniques, well........ Most of the steps are standardized (bottle inspection, filling, capping, etc. When it comes time to wrap the bottles, as long as they look nice, we let the employees express themselves however they want.

Ken

I Have been watching the Buffalo Trace web cam and they are currently boxing GTS. I have seen three skids of about 2200 bottles each from 2/28/05 till now. Unless they are moving them arround one is out the door one is almost filled and there is a third partially filled with more on the line. My estimate is for no less than 5000 bottles.

OK, sounds like they've almost covered Tim's order, let's get on to mine.....

Ok, so I guess We've got to get in line....

I'll take what Dane doesn't want tongue.gif

I'll take what Dane doesn't want.

You definitely don't want to put it that way, because that means you get nothing.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll take what Dane doesn't want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You definitely don't want to put it that way, because that means you get nothing.

I though that after I had entered the post....

Maybe if word it - "When Dane is nice enough to leave some for the rest of us, I'll be next in line" laugh.gif

Hey Chuck, my Mommy and Daddy taught me to share. I'd be ashamed not to given the generosity of our good friend who feeds us VanBlankle, Randy be thy name.....

Of course I'll leave some for you Cam. After all, when I belly up to your bar after that long swim from the States, I'll expect nothing less. toast.gif

Great news for PA! I saw on the BT webcam cases of GTS with the PA code number, Hopefully, our warehouse will get some of the bottles bottled today, 3-3. I'm just happy I know PA is getting some.

Fred

Today's is the fourth bottling run that I know of -- two I've witnessed myself this week (on distillery cam), and two reported by others last week.

I hope that means a big run, as long as it's still good, hearty Stagg -- and why wouldn't it be, if they even bothered to dump it?

Just a quick FYI, even though we have been bottling for nearly a week, are you noticing how slow the line moves? Hand bottling just does not yield that much product. Still, something is better than nothing.

Ken

...are you noticing how slow the line moves? Hand bottling just does not yield that much product. Still, something is better than nothing.

Ken

smirk.gifI was afraid he was going to say that!

We are waiting to see how many cases are produced so we can determine the allocation. Last year we estimated the number of cases each barrel would yield and allocated that number to the field. Unfortunately, the yield was 20% lower than anticipated and Kris had to go back and cut everyone's allocation by that amount. Boy were they unhappy! Now we will make sure we have enough. They should complete bottling in the next day or two.

My best guess for when it will be on store shelves is 4 - 6 weeks.

Ken

Ken

While watching the Stagg being bottled today,it looked like there may have been some rework on some of the cases. whats up?

Very observant! We had a little problem. We dumped the selected barrels a few weeks ago to get the proof (130.9). We then refilled the barrels (actually we only refilled 1/3 of the barrels since the outage was so great). We then waited for the glass and labels to arrive. We hand wrote the proof on the labels. As we dumped the barrels over the next week and a half, the proof had changed on three of the barrels. Well, we already wrote the proof on the labels and put the labels on the bottles. We had to go back and change the labels on the bottles from those three barrels. The proof on them is closer to 132 (I have not heard the exact proof as I am in London right now). Even though the taste is the same, they vary a point in proof.

Ken

Can anyone help me get a bottle of this? Can't get it in my state?

Barry

You probably should just move.

Well, you could move.

Or you could order from Binny's: http://www.binnys.com/

It's not listed on their site, but you can email them about it. Brett is helpful and responsive.

This is assuming that your state permits alcohol shipped in from out-of-state.

OH NO!!!!

Now I'll have to find both.

I can hear it in the Gazebo now.

"Which Spring 2005 do you have?"

"I think the 131.5 is much richer with a little more leather and anise"

"Really, I think 130.5 is a little weaker"

"I think the 130.5 made a better stain on 64"

"I think the cork from 131.5 is better brisket plug"

"I found the 130.5 in cave in OK for $28.50 and he had a dozen of them"

banghead.gifstickpoke.gif

Ed be careful, either one will melt right through a brisket plug toot sweet. hot.gifsmilielol.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.