Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

15 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

No!!!! <_< 

Inside joke that I reckon I'll have to explain. :huh: Gary is Vosgar. We're friends and live only a few minutes apart. Needless to say, we've been out together with our wives a time or two, and know each other just a little. Our wonderful wives accept our fascination with bourbon, and sometimes even contribute. :) Maybe begrudgingly so, but sumpin' beats nuttin'. ;)

Ha..I got it. Just my lame attempt at humor. My wife is trying more and more and finding what she likes and doesn't. Her preferences mystify me a bit.

This isn't a movie, but it is bourbon in a t.v. series.

I just noticed that in _Breaking Bad_, a bottle of Wild Turkey was renamed Jive Turkey.

5bc67f243af89328176ca90d9e51a2da.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

NCIS Los Angeles this week - at the end of the episode, Hetti offers Sam and G a special drink from her stash to celebrate a job well done. Sam says "I always knew you had a stash of Pappy Van Winkle" but Hetti then offers them Yamazaki Sherry Cask 2013 from a decanter. Very classy.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:09 AM, flahute said:

NCIS Los Angeles this week - at the end of the episode, Hetti offers Sam and G a special drink from her stash to celebrate a job well done. Sam says "I always knew you had a stash of Pappy Van Winkle" but Hetti then offers them Yamazaki Sherry Cask 2013 from a decanter. Very classy.

And a good way to not have to come up with the bottle to put the tea in!

Ha - Heti's pulled out the PVW on prior occasions.  The bottle's probably long gone and even she doesn't have the pull to get another B) 

Watching a DVR'd episode or Designated Survivor and while I didn't see the bottle Wild Turkey was mentioned a couple of times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jvd99 said:

Ha - Heti's pulled out the PVW on prior occasions.  The bottle's probably long gone and even she doesn't have the pull to get another B) 

I'm pretty sure that Hetty can get whatever she wants.

3 hours ago, Hop said:

Watching a DVR'd episode or Designated Survivor and while I didn't see the bottle Wild Turkey was mentioned a couple of times

I just saw that episode tonight.

5 hours ago, Hop said:

Just saw that tonight. The President promised the former President a case of Wild Turkey if he'd come on as Secretary of State. I like it.

New series on that strange cable channel - IFC.  "Brockmire"  First two episodes were tonight.  It starts with a Bob Uecker-style baseball radio guy named Brockmire.  It opens with him getting hammered on neat Baby Saz.  Of course, he loses his job with a "I'm mad as hell" style meltdown on air.

He's called back, ten years later, to call games -online only - for The Frackers whose owner owns a bar.  Part of his contract is - "I get top shelf stuff."  I'm sure we'll see more.  For example, I think that's either RR 10 YR or Balcones True Blue 100 on the screen right now - I couldn't see I was laughing so hard.

Produced by Funny or Die (the website with Pearl, the five year old landlord).

8 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

New series on that strange cable channel - IFC.  "Brockmire"  First two episodes were tonight.  It starts with a Bob Uecker-style baseball radio guy named Brockmire.  It opens with him getting hammered on neat Baby Saz.  Of course, he loses his job with a "I'm mad as hell" style meltdown on air.

He's called back, ten years later, to call games -online only - for The Frackers whose owner owns a bar.  Part of his contract is - "I get top shelf stuff."  I'm sure we'll see more.  For example, I think that's either RR 10 YR or Balcones True Blue 100 on the screen right now - I couldn't see I was laughing so hard.

How is that show?  I saw an ad for that show and read about it but ultimately decided to pass on it.  Should I call an audible, though?

4 hours ago, dcbt said:

How is that show?  I saw an ad for that show and read about it but ultimately decided to pass on it.  Should I call an audible, though?

It's pretty funny, but R rated for sure

14 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

This is a GREAT SHOW! I noticed the Baby Saz right away and was heading to this thread to post and you beat me to it. I only made it to the 2nd commercial break (I DVR'ed it) before my 3rd pour of Virgin 101 put me to sleep. Looking forward to watching the rest of it tonight.

9 hours ago, dcbt said:

Indeed, it is R-rated.  The humor reminded me a lot of Dan Jenkins' writing style in "Semi-Tough" and "Dead Solid Perfect".  It took me about three minutes to STOP thinking of Gargamel on "The Smurfs" or Moe Szyslak on "The Simpsons" -- he's the voice of these two and several other TV characters you might recognize by sound alone.

Another sighting - late in the second episode, is JB White while Brockmire and Jules (Amanda Peet) are sitting at her bar - so much for the top shelf clause in his contract.B)

On 4/6/2017 at 0:03 PM, jvd99 said:

It's pretty funny, but R rated for sure

I found the show to be hilarious my wife did not lol.  

This is the second time that I have seen Hank drink Knob Creek on _Breaking Bad_. He gave himself a stout, neat pour in this scene.

16ed19986f7c9793e29e687c6cda04f3.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I just started Brockmire and was coming here to mention the Baby Saz, but I see that's been taken care of. I highly recommend the show. 

8 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

I just started Brockmire and was coming here to mention the Baby Saz, but I see that's been taken care of. I highly recommend the show. 

Brockmire is the gift that keeps on giving 

Its probably been mentioned already but I'm too lazy to go back through 42 pages of this thread, just saw Fabulous Baker Boys again with the wife.  Jeff Bridges adds some Wild Turkey to some egg nog then at the end he and Beau open a bottle of OWA age stated 7 year old, they had been saving forever

On 4/6/2017 at 4:30 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

Indeed, it is R-rated.  The humor reminded me a lot of Dan Jenkins' writing style in "Semi-Tough" and "Dead Solid Perfect".  It took me about three minutes to STOP thinking of Gargamel on "The Smurfs" or Moe Szyslak on "The Simpsons" -- he's the voice of these two and several other TV characters you might recognize by sound alone.

Another sighting - late in the second episode, is JB White while Brockmire and Jules (Amanda Peet) are sitting at her bar - so much for the top shelf clause in his contract.B)

Just started DVR'ing this series - what a HOOT!  Baby Saz in the broadcast booth, no less.  And, yes, it IS R-rated humor.  Brockmire's ex is a hottie in leather, too!  Thanks for the "heads up" Harry!   Hank Azaria is one funny guy, IMHO.    :lol:

Anybody see the end of NCIS LA?    Hetti, and the three "Old Guys" do a celebratory pour in honor of Granger from Hetti's bottle of Pappy 25, and Chegwidden comments that he was unaware it had been released yet.

Hetti replies dryly; "It hasn't!"   Good stuff to see and hear.    Lovely bottle, too.

More Mitcher's in Billions. It's had a prominent role in season 2.

IMG_0053.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Episode Two of the "new" Twin Peaks - just after the reconstituted Agent Cooper rides off in the yellow Jeep with the lady of the evening, a neighbor across the street from where some guy is putting a bomb under the G-ride (i.e., Agent Cooper's car) is popping pills and washing them down with either JD or EW Straight.

Anybody out there LESS confused than me?  I have no idea what's going on.

EDIT - Is it about the bunny?

Edited by Harry in WashDC