Collectors Corner. What you got?

Glen Mhor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Mier....lol..

I would Realy, Realy like to try that whisky. you are just teasing me... My liver can not take much more of this, but my addictioncentre in my alcohol drenched brain said.."who cares about the liver"...ha ha

I have never tried that one(but would love to) but i might fall over one of them bottles one of them days..(if im lycky)

Here is another bottle that i have had for a while now! Its a bottle of MIDDLETON VERY RARE (not so rare, imo) 2004 botteling. It is a nice whisky with a low burnfactor and easy to drink. A distinct Toffee/caramel and nicly oranged or some kind of citrus i think....all the same, it is a sure card on a introductory level but might not lift to many eyebrows on more experienced people(Mier, Hedmans Brorsa :grin: )whom might have more tastebuds on their pallet.

Have a nice day!

Glen Mhor

post-2729-14489813350858_thumb.jpg

Unlike you I opened and finished my 4th Edition but I still have an OMC 24 yo though. I want to get the Rare Malts one to save but they are getting up there in price now.

I'll add in my pic of a Balvenie 1961 Vintage Cask.

post-1020-14489813351395_thumb.jpg

post-1020-14489813351549_thumb.jpg

:bowdown: AVB!:grin:

Congratulations!

You are the first member in this thread that have contributed with photos,which we/i like to see. what did you win? our respect...lol...i know, it is not a lot but that is all we got, so sherish it..

:slappin:

That is a nice photo you have there. your own little private whisky corner by the looks of it. I can only say "I AM SO JEALOUS".

If you can please post us some photos of individual bottles, especialy the "golden nuggets" in you collection.

when i saw that photo i just wanted to sit down in that chair and taste most of them whilst reading the whiskybible....

Glen Mhor:bigeyes:

Impressive collection you`ve got there AVB must be heaven,see you like yoùr Islays too ,i saw Bowmore ,Ardbeg and a lot of other goodies,my closet looks very skinny with +100 bottles comparing to your bunker,a pity i don`t have a camera yet!I`ve never had a Midleton but your notes really make me curious Glen Mhor i`ll be on the lookout for a bottle.

Eric.

AVB and Mier....Did you say you like BOWMOORE.

I only have one Bowmoore(at the moment) and it is a Bowmoore CLARET bordeaux wine casked, Islay, single malt. it weigh in at 56% alc.vol

Limited edition...i think i tried it (at my local pub where many of my tastings have happend)....late arriving warm sensation(medium burn factor) taste of honey and dates and smoke,but smell of chocolate ..but one thing is sure, it was surely a taste of sea water(slightly salty imo) and if i remember rightly, it had a to strong wine flavor to it and lost its balance...it fell flat on its face...lmao:rolleyes:

compared to you two, i am only an infant in the collection of nice whiskys...

The other photo is my drinking a guinniess, reading Freud. after that i needed a (Auchentoshan) whisky..lol

Glen Mhor

post-2729-14489813352286_thumb.jpg

post-2729-14489813352482_thumb.jpg

If you can try to taste a Bowmore 21yo same salty taste,bit of smoke lots of fruity tones very peculiar but the Legend is also very tasty.I don`t know about the Claret finish but i had from Glenmorangie three finishes Sherry,Port and Burgundy,the Sherried one was predictable,the Portfinish was nice,well i liked it my cousin didn`t but the Burgundyfinish was ,for me,not worth drinking there was something about it i disliked.I`ve also got a single malt from Austria that was matured in Chardonnay and Trockenbeerenauslese barrels,the 6yo is very dry and malty and the 7yo is like a choclatebomb that explodes it is a very good one to accompany your dessert.Guinness i do prefer it over Heineken i even wash my hair with it:grin: .But Freud??Nah give me something lighter too heavy for me.

Eric.

well....now time for something different!

We are going French now,to the region of Cognac to be more geograficly correct.

it is not my strong area of knowledge, but i like to taste one or ten of them on special events.

i have a Vintage Cognac,,,,i am also partial to Brandy anyday with a black coffee on the side.

I know absolutly nothing about this bottle, so any information is helpful!

Glen Mhor

post-2729-14489813352677_thumb.jpg

post-2729-14489813352876_thumb.jpg

A Bowmore Seadragon WOW,i was on the lookout for that but here it is not to get anymore I`ve tried Germany and Belgium too but totally sold out:frown: ,I envy you AVB!

My knowledge of cognac is not that big,i prefer calvados or armagnac instead,but the best area to go to when you`re there is the Champgne,the best cognacs coming from there.Remy Martin also has a cognac called 1759? if i am right which is very hard to get but really worth a try(according to connaiseurs)may be a visit to the house of Martin?I`ve got a tip to enjoy your cognac,put a glass on his head and pour a drop of cognac on the foot and lit it warm your glass with the heat by keeping it above the flame.When it has the desired warmth pour in the cognac and enjoy it.It taste a lot better.I hope you`re not turning into a fulltime cognacdrinker and abandon your whiskeybrothers Glen Mhor:shocked: !Enjoy your holiday!

Eric.

Try here for a Sea Dragon. It isn't cheap but they list it as in stock.

A Bowmore Seadragon WOW,i was on the lookout for that but here it is not to get anymore I`ve tried Germany and Belgium too but totally sold out:frown: ,I envy you AVB!

Eric.

ABV...arrrrggggg...lol

:bigeyes:

That my friend would be a nice trofy for my collection,,,i want it, i want it,i want it...Have you tasted it?....i felt so upbeat when i saw the photo of the Dragonshead that i poured me a large shot of 12 year old readbreast.

I was going to post a thai whisky that i got from a friend, but now when the dragonshead has emerged, so i think i will look for something else that might come close to that nugget of yours.

noooo...i will post it anyway, because of the oriental connection !....lol..:skep:

Mier! I will not EVER give up whisky and turn to the dark cognac side.

whisky is fun.:grin:

Glen Mhor

post-2729-14489813354616_thumb.jpg

After Posting my previous post i just felt so small and the photo of the thai-whisky just do not fit in to my collection, but is never the less a part of it.

So here we go again!

A 13 year old Single cask, single malt TYRCONNELL(Irish ofcourse:) un-chilled filtered 46% alc vol. A little beauty.......

Glen Mhor

post-2729-14489813354814_thumb.jpg

post-2729-14489813355015_thumb.jpg

I've done a number of reviews here if you wish to look at them. Haven't gotten around to a review of the Sea Dragon yet but it has been opened.

ABV...arrrrggggg...lol

:bigeyes:

That my friend would be a nice trofy for my collection,,,i want it, i want it,i want it...Have you tasted it?....

Glen Mhor

AVB thanks there is a bottle Bowmore Seadragon coming my way,i never knew that site, interesting one.I will get a merry christmas.The bottles,Brockagh,look very oldish are they from the original distilleries?They look a lot darker than nowadays but maybe it is the reflection.Glen Mhor glad to hear you don`t go to the other side and stay with us in whiskeyland.A friend of me brought me a bottle of Mehkong from Thailand years ago but i wasn`t fond on it.After the first few glasses i put it at the back of my bunker and maybe a year and a half later i wanted too try it again there was a layer of sediment on the bottom so i trowed the bottle out.It is a whisky made of rice but the companyowner is busy making a more westernstyle single malt,we have to wait for that.If you`re going to France and you are in the neighbourhood of Brittany try to visit the distillery where they make Armorik a nice single malt whisky made from buckwheat very much worth a try.

Eric.

Mier, yes they're from the original distilleries. In generaly, they are a bit darker. I don't know if they added caramel back then... The Old Comber is very dark.

Brockagh!

That is some nice "OLDIES" on that shelf. you have bought them over time or all at the same time?

Mier...

I have never been to France, but i suppose it is time to go there for the frogg leggs and some wine anyway. wisky made from buckwheat..sounds nice. I have only tasted one whisky of simular sorts and that would be a single Grain,single Malt 8 year old from Greenore....you could drink this fast and easy...it is perfect for a hot afternoon and soooo easy to drink so be careful...warning, it might and should impare your vision!:cool:

Glen Mhor

post-2729-14489813388922_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1448981338913_thumb.jpg

I have gathered them over a long time, but bought the Brusna distillery one and the Old Comber 7 recently.

Of the closed distilleries, I also have some old Jameson 7 yr old, the Cadenhead Bow Street, Knappogue Castle 1951, Old Irish Gold 24 yr old (thought to be DWD), Old Comber 30, Midleton 25, Midleton 26. That's all that I can think of off the top of my head.

I also have the latest Brora 30, a few Port Ellens, a couple of Rosebanks... I'll have to delve back into the attic at some stage and photograph it all.

You're welcome, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

AVB thanks there is a bottle Bowmore Seadragon coming my way,i never knew that site, interesting one.I will get a merry christmas.

Eric.

Here's one you might like.

1969 Aberlour 30 year old. I'm pretty sure I can still get this.

AVB! :bigeyes:

i just now saw one of your previous posts. i missed that post.

The bottle you display is A REAL NUGGET!.... i know i have seen that bottle before, but i have never tasted it.

When confused one should consult the "whisky bible" and take in its wisdom. here is what the oraclebook said:

'A CLEAN, DEEP SHERRY AROMA WITH A LEMON AND MINT RESIDUE:COMPELLING STUFF. DEEP MODERATELY DRY THROUGHOUT WITH A SLOW BUILD-UP OF SPICES AND SMOKE. MALTY, GRAPEY SUCCULENTCE TOGETHER WITH A FRUITINESS ADDS EXTRA COMPLEXITY. LONG AND BRILLIANTLY WEIGHTED, THE FRUIT HELPS SWEETEN THE MALT GRACEFULLY. A CLASSY ABERLOUR WITH GREAT COMPLEXITY.'

IT WAS ONLY 1000 BOTTLES MADE OF THAT HEAVENLY STUFF!

Where do you get them? :bigeyes:

its a sweet life!

Glen Mhor

AUCHENTOSHAN 12 YEAR OLD "QUEEN ELIZABETH 2"

This scottish Low Lander is now Dead as a Dodo! Even if the distilleri still exist and is very much alive, this Bottle will never be made again.

The whisky Named after Queen Elizabeth ll, could only be bought on a Cruise ship named after a Queen and the ship is Now non-existent. The ship was once the pride and glory of the Brittish empire, public and the cruise industry. A part of history and national treasure,pride and romantic memories, All in one bottle.

My local pub might still have a shot left, so i will post some tasting notes later!:grin:

ofcourse, if anyone have already tried it? Please share your tasting notes and you will by doing so save my the horrible faith of having to go to the pub and to drink "A" whisky with friends!

Glen Mhor

post-2729-14489813389588_thumb.jpg

post-2729-14489813389805_thumb.jpg

Chieftain's Cigar Malt. I try to get some of this on a yearly basis and the latest batch should be released next month for all you UK readers.

post-1020-14489813390001_thumb.jpg

Chieftain's Cigar Malt. I try to get some of this on a yearly basis and the latest batch should be released next month for all you UK readers.

Ireland is not a Part of the "United Kingdom" It is a freestanding Republic and they had to fight hard to get it back from the "not so United Kingdom." ask the scottish how "united" they feel with the kingdom...lol

The wisky made the battles all worth it i suppose! Proud and tall we drink what is rightly ours.

Glen Mhor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.