Collectors Corner. What you got?

Glen Mhor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I only have a Auchentoshan 10 yo and i can`t remember if i had the 12 yo,does it has a black label?If so i have drunk it somewhere in time.Aren`t you confusing Auchentoshan with another lowlander distillery Glen Mhor?I thought it was still open or i`ve missed it,since when is it closed?

C`mon Glen Mhor don`t bicker about the English, aren`t we all Europeans nowadays without borders and with one common coin:skep: ?Except the English than that is...:grin: .But i can`t wait to taste their whiskies:drinking:.

Eric.

AUCHENTOSHAN 12 YEAR OLD "QUEEN ELIZABETH 2"

This scottish Low Lander is now Dead as a Dodo! Even if the distilleri still exist and is very much alive, this Bottle will never be made again.

The whisky Named after Queen Elizabeth ll, could only be bought on a Cruise ship named after a Queen and the ship is Now non-existent. The ship was once the pride and glory of the Brittish empire, public and the cruise industry. A part of history and national treasure,pride and romantic memories, All in one bottle.

My local pub might still have a shot left, so i will post some tasting notes later!:grin:

ofcourse, if anyone have already tried it? Please share your tasting notes and you will by doing so save my the horrible faith of having to go to the pub and to drink "A" whisky with friends!

:slappin:

Glen Mhor

I tried it at a Celtic Whiskey Shop tasting. It was ok, nicer than the 10 yr old.

I've got one of these below, from sometime in the 60s. It tasted a little funky when I first opened it, but then revisited it a month or so after opening it and decanting it (the cork had a little mold on it, and had shrunk), and it was fantastic. Only got but a couple of drams left. :(

Dalmore12y60

Mier and AVB..:lol: i can only say i agree with you that it is all indifferent now. The European union is now the uniter of differences...

I am Scandinavian Living in ireland, so i do not have any irish political standpoints..haha

NOW BACK TO WHISKY TALK...lol..

Mier!

AUCHENTOSHAN, the distillery still exist and is alive and well. it is just the whisky That is Named after the Queen that will never be avalible again..it is no longer produced because the ship is gone.

The label on the bottle is white....in a previous post you have the photos. one of them are of the label

AVB!

Chieftain's Cigar Malt.....How much will it set me back if i wanted to buy one of them beauties? That is a great photo! Tasting notes?

Grain Brain!

welcome to this thread.

2 bottles left? what does it taste like?

That is a grand photo... Can Frodo,Mier,AVB AND Me have a taste...lol

Glen Mhor

Oh, I wish it was 2 bottles, but alas, no, it's only a couple, maybe three pours left.

It really is a great looking bottle, and the empty is prominently displayed in my bunker.

It is very peaty, but then, I'm a scotch novice. All I know is that it tastes very nice, and I can rarely ever have just one pour.

The good thing is I know where there might be another bottle of this. :)

Tasting notes can be found with the link in post 39. I don't have the latest price on the Cigar Malt but I'm guessing under £40, they were £35 last year if I remember correctly.

AVB!

Chieftain's Cigar Malt.....How much will it set me back if i wanted to buy one of them beauties? That is a great photo! Tasting notes?

Glen Mhor

A Dalmore would cost about 50/60 eurodollar overhere but the bottle Grain Brain has is priceless because in the 60`s the Dalmore heated its still with a coalfire and it will taste different than the nowadays Dalmore,also sherrybarrels where plenty than.Cherise that bottle you`ve got it is a relic from days gone by.

I`m glad Auchentoshan is still open and i just misread it:frown: .

Eric.

Pictures for your review...

I just aquired a few bottles of SMSW and Vatted stuff from a bar that recently closed...these are dusty and greasy from the kitchen residue deposited over the years...some bottles appear to be from the late 70s (maybe some from the 60's)...I haven't had time to make a complete inventory and do investigation for date/era...some bottles are in better condition than otheres, re:fill level, but some are as good as the day they were bottled...

post-929-14489813396601_thumb.jpg

post-929-14489813396813_thumb.jpg

post-929-14489813397014_thumb.jpg

post-929-14489813397234_thumb.jpg

post-929-14489813397441_thumb.jpg

post-929-14489813397664_thumb.jpg

Very cool, Doug. When I finally get the chance to see you properly and visit a bit (maybe later this, or early next, year), I'd like to bring down three current bottles, say a couple of malts and a blend, that correlate to the oldest ones you have (say a Dalmore 12, Laph 10, and a Ballantine) and then compare them to see which is better.

Gary

Very cool, Doug. When I finally get the chance to see you properly and visit a bit (maybe later this, or early next, year), I'd like to bring down three current bottles, say a couple of malts and a blend, that correlate to the oldest ones you have (say a Dalmore 12, Laph 10, and a Ballantine) and then compare them to see which is better.

Gary

I'd look forward to your visit....

I've got a couple other older blends that are favorites...Haig & Haig 5 Star...Black and White....Dewars 12yo, and some Ambasador's 12 and 25....

For a blend, 5 Star doesn't suck, or in other words, it sucketh not!....hee heee!

dp

Dougdog!///

i will reply to you later, after i have been to the hospital to see if they can correct my dropped jaw. i developed this condition just after seing the photos you uploaded. could there be a conection, you think?

Glen Mhor

I, too, look forward to visiting again. There are many interesting bottlings there. Hopefully next time I can find more time for a proper visit.

NICE find Doug. Even though I don't like scotch, I'm very happy for you because I know you like it.

Joe :usflag:

I remember having a bottle of "The Keith" in the early seventies. Was is a vat of malts ?

Hope to be in Kentucky next month Doug. Will keep you informed.

What a treasure you`ve got over there and they all look in a fairly good condition.Enjoy them and tell us all about them.You`re a priviledged man.

Eric.

Dougdog!///

i will reply to you later, after i have been to the hospital to see if they can correct my dropped jaw. i developed this condition just after seing the photos you uploaded. could there be a conection, you think?

Glen Mhor

I hope you're OK, I didn't mean to cause any harm...

Holy single malt, Batman!

Just booked my ticket Doug. Whether or not you're around when I arrive doesn't matter to me. :cool:

Seriously, have you tasted anything yet?

Holy single malt, Batman!

Just booked my ticket Doug. Whether or not you're around when I arrive doesn't matter to me. :cool:

Seriously, have you tasted anything yet?

Lear,

I've opened a bottle of the Glen Dew, at a local Whiskey and Cigar event last Saturday evening, but need to spend more time without the cigar smoke...

Glen Dew is a "branded" Highland Malt I think, with my open bottle collection I might be able to figure out which distillery it comes from if I can get it side by side with the right distillery OB.

Some of the other bottles will be taken to MOKtoberfest and Ardbeggeddon of the PLOWED Socitey gatherings and opened there. Some will be traded and some will just sit pretty in the collection for a future dramming session, some day...like when you really do show up on the doorstep! (Got your arrival date and gate number???)

dog

I remember having a bottle of "The Keith" in the early seventies. Was is a vat of malts ?

Hope to be in Kentucky next month Doug. Will keep you informed.

Dave,

"The Keith Classic" label says that it is a "blend of malt whiskies"...I transulate that to mean a Vatted Malt product...no grain. It is a 4/5ths quart bottle, imported by General Wine and Spirits Co. Ny/Ny. The bottle has fancy glass embossing and should clean up pretty well. (I though Mouser's had some greasy bottles untill I got a hold of these...) The bottom of the bottle has "Glen Keith-Glenlivet Distillery Co." embossed in the glass too. Glen Keith also had a single malt available in the US too, it was a simple, less complex malt than most other highland distilleries.

Please let me know when you are going to be in KY, I hope you can stop in and stay a while...bring Howie with you!

dog

Glen Dew was a vatted malt so you might have some trouble identifing all the components in it. North Port and Glenfarclas were supposed two of the malts in it.

I thought Glen Dew 12yo 40% came from a highland distillery and was a single malt,are you sure AVB?I gonna doubt now...

Eric.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.