What Are You Drinking Tonight, Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Old Weller Antique 107

For medicinal purposes,...partly.

I'm sore as hell, I'll be glad when the Holidaze are over.

Old Weller Antique 107 is what I'm planning to pour, too. I received -- unexpectedly -- a set of the Riedel/Target bourbon glasses for Christmas, and decided OW107 would be a worthy choice to break one of 'em in.

+1 on that Holidaze stuff.

Larry

Technically, not "tonight" but I hope Monday was close enough.

I was over at my cousin's house and had some Redbreast before dinner, and an XO Cognac (if it's OK to say that on a whiskey board) that he picked up in France for after dinner. It's not sold here in the US. Great stuff--wasn't even sealed. It just had a cork stuffed into the top. He bubble wrapped it and carried it home in his carry-on luggage.

Both were quite good...

Sippin some WT Old No 8. The cap was cracked so I had to check it out!! You never know it might have been bad :grin: . Good news though it's very nice, not the 8 year old I have in the basement but still very good. I think it might even make a great Bourbon & Coke (not tonight).

I will be having a pour of some WTAS with Mark on third shift! If anyone's interested?

Tony

I will be out to dinner at a Flemming's Steak House, not sure of the bourbon compliment, but I will report.

Will partake on 3rd shift with Parker's Heritage.

Hidden

I will be out to dinner at a Flemming's Steak House, not sur of the bourbon compliment, but I will report.

Will partake on 3rd shift with Parker's Heritage.

The third shift has flex hours :lol: but usually begins at 10PM EDT.

Hope to see you all there.

Regards,

Mark

P.S. Bring your drinking shoes. If you are by the beach then bring sandles. If you reside at a nudist colony (not sure what the protocol for footware is there) then bring what you've got, if anything at all.:slappin:

Started out with some lower end stuff. Ancient Age 80, and OGD86 (because I haden't tried either before). The nose on the AA reminds me quite a bit of BT but a lot less pronounced. Followed that up with my second pour from a Hirsch16 Gold Foil. Last night was my first pour of Hirsch and I couldn't stay away tonight. It is extremely smooth and doesn't have nearly as much oak as I expected for a 16yo. Glad I tried it but for the same money I picked up three FRSB last week and IMHO it is the best pour on earth - at least that's what I think this week - I'm sure next week I will forsake the FRSB for a new love. I can't wait.

Tonight, Tony and myself threw back some WTAS. Very good stuff, I might add. After which, I poured myself some PVW15. Then, I decided to do a taste-test between the PVW 15 and 20.

Three times straight, I chose the 15 over the 20. The 15 has quite a bit more flavor. It's like the 20 has a hiccup of flavor and then it's gone - and, what flavor there is, is predominantly sweet. While the 15 is chock full of flavor, comparitively speaking.

I'm not there yet, but in a few hours, it will be a Sazerac: shot of Woodford Reserve from a pint bottle I brought from home, shot of the Spanish brandy I mentioned earlier, dash of the Spanish absinthe also mentioned earlier. The brandy is quite sweet so no sugar is needed. Bitters are optional anyway I think and won't be missed. I know this will be good!

Gary

The third shift has flex hours :lol: but usually begins at 10PM EDT.

Hope to see you all there.

Regards,

Mark

P.S. Bring your drinking shoes. If you are by the beach then bring sandles. If you reside at a nudist colony (not sure what the protocol for footware is there) then bring what you've got, if anything at all.:slappin:

I'm sure you have to wear something on your feet. The sand can get very hot and your feet might get burned, among other things...

I'm sure you have to wear something on your feet. The sand can get very hot and your feet might get burned, among other things...

:slappin::slappin::slappin::slappin:

Perhaps, a sock is needed! :D I bet that's a big drink at the Nudist Colony Bar & Grille. "Yes, I'd like to have a sock on the beach." :D

OFBB2007. Not thrilled with my first two fingers, but I'm committed to working the bottle further past the neck. A little air, and time, and it might very well could turn out to be an enjoyable bottling.

Started out with a WT 12 Manhattan and have moved on to a Willetts/Red Hook Rye Blinker cocktail. Both outstanding but since I'm drinking them out of a very special Christmas present, Steuben teardrop martini glasses circa 1940s-50s, they are elevated to the sublime. These are, no joke, the most beautiful cocktail glasses I have ever seen! And easily worthy of the amazing whiskey they contain.

-Mike

Flemings had Basil Hayden, Knob, WT 101, Woodford Reserve and not much else as far as whisky.

On the other hand, and extensive far reaching wine list. At least 40 to 50 of which were by the glass.

A defining Steak House experience. Pricey, and it didn't matter. Great food and drink along with great friends.

BTW, had Basil Hayden neat in a rocks glass extrodinaire. Reminds me of an older OGD 86.

More of some of the best ever to cross my palate, VW Lot B. If there is to be a second tonite, the leading candidate at the moment is Wathen's, 2002. However, as nicely as this two fingers of Lot B is flowing at present, it might just call for a second.

Some Turkeys, followed by some Delarium.

Delirium Tremens or Nocturnum? I enjoy both, the Nocturnum usually in the colder months and the Tremens in the warmer seasons.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.