What Are You Drinking Tonight, Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

EC12 for me tonight. This bottle is a little richer than I remember, but the finish is short and rather unexceptional. More of a "buh-bye" than the "peace out, bitch!" I get from my other favorite pours :cool:

Still, I'm liking it tonight. Beautiful here, lots of fresh snow on the trees, any old pour would be good right now.

Cheers!

Tonight I went with a Rittenhouse BIB manhattan (Noilly Prat)followed by samples of RR 1792, BH, and a big pour of BT. Finished with some PVW15 during a flick.

Delirium Tremens or Nocturnum? I enjoy both, the Nocturnum usually in the colder months and the Tremens in the warmer seasons.

Timothy, I was wishing it was Nocturnum but it was Tremens instead. I couldn't even finish the bottle since it gave me major heartburn.

Elijag Craig 12 yo,... it is Friday and I don't have to throw beer cases until Monday.

I am drinking straight from the bottle, BTW the lip on this is excellent for bottle sipping.

Still two hours to go before I get into the liquor cabinet, but let's see ... I think I shall revisit the ERSB (90) and see if it strikes me any more favorably than it did the first time around.

Larry

Is this the 750 ml or the large bottle?

Craig

OK,OK,OK,.... I am disfunctional white trash, the 750ml, just right for what ails ya.

Four Roses Single Barrel. Instant love affair with this little jewel..!

This is an entirely common response.

As for me, I've had some Larue Weller '07 with diet cola, and Louisville, pre-'92, (TN) tax-stamped Old Charter 12 -- now defunct from everywhere! -- with ginger ale (diet, of course).

I might select a 'chaser' before I retire, or not. Still, good tastes for sweet dreams.

Short pour of VOB BIB. I really like this bourbon as it's very robust and flavorful. This one surprised me for the price.

Since I bought some new stuff today had to do several pours. Tried the Very Special Old Fitz 12 followed by EWSB 10 and then OGB 114. Then tried the Old Forester 86 and had an Elmer T. Lee for good measure. Then threw down some cheap Old Fitz to try it (bland and sweet -- not pleased) and now doing some Rittenhouse BIB neat. Bed will come soon!

Since I bought some new stuff today had to do several pours. Tried the Very Special Old Fitz 12 followed by EWSB 10 and then OGB 114. Then tried the Old Forester 86 and had an Elmer T. Lee for good measure. Then threw down some cheap Old Fitz to try it (bland and sweet -- not pleased) and now doing some Rittenhouse BIB neat. Bed will come soon![/quote

I should hope...

Just about packed for Hawaii (Kona coast). Leaving tomorrow early.

Finishing off a glass of Four Roses Single Barrel. So thankful they came to Illinois.

I guess here is as good a spot as any!! Just getting ready to pour me a quick Rebel Yell 1980' tax stamp found today. I walked in the door from hunting and Michelle my wife is finishing some things in the babies room! She comes into the kitchen picks up our almost 2 year old and quickly sets her back down. I hear my name being yelled as she runs to the bathroom.

Yep Water borke 6:20 p.m., arrived at the Hospital at 7:00 and Samantha was born at 9:01 (7.11oz. 20" with a full head of hair). Mom and Baby are both doing great and I am one proud father again. One drink and off to bed I need to take the oldest to the Dr. in the Morning and then get back the hospital to see our latest.

cheers!

Tony

post-2689-14489813550367_thumb.jpg

Tony Congratulations mate she is just gorgeous!!

I will have some Pappy 20 for you all tonight!

Cheers!!

Scott

Nice work Tony. The impressive part, apart from Samantha's hair, is how quickly and efficiently you managed the process:lol: - 3 hours from start to finish.

Congrats and Cheers. I will throw back some WTKS in your honor after skiing.

Roger

Congratulations, Tony, to you and your wife!!!! I have to say I knew it when I didn't see you here most, if not all, day and night yesterday!!!!

What a nice way to bring in the new year!!!!

I'll throw back some PVW 15 for you new one.

Regards,

Mark

I am one proud father again.

Congratulations! Happy New Year, indeed!

Congratulations Tony!

I just found the post and the pic.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Samantha is beautiful!

(and just in time for an '07 tax deduction):grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.