What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2008

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While out looking for Weller Centennial I picked up a bottle of

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit

Bottled 11-02-06

Barrel No 137

Warehouse F

Rick No 49

dark wood top

This is the first I have since I got one that was bottled 2-07-07 light wood top last October that I was not very fond of.

Sipping today's purchase now, ahh this is the bird that I love.

I picked up George Dickel Original Tennessee Whisky No. 12.

Super. I like it! I picked up DALMORE Single Highland Mal 12 Years Scotch also.

Side by side: I like Dickel better. My opinion: As far as value goes (best bang for your buck): Dickel $20 over Dalmore $30

Current bourbon status:

I have 3 bourbons: Old Grand Dad, Buffalo Trace and todays Dickels. I say Buffalo Trace is best value. VERY similar to Dickel but a bit more spicer! (Dickel is considered Tennessee and not bourbon.....so not sure if that fits this question)

I have 3 bourbons: Old Grand Dad, Buffalo Trace and todays Dickels. I say Buffalo Trace is best value. VERY similar to Dickel but a bit more spicer! (Dickel is considered Tennessee and not bourbon.....so not sure if that fits this question)

Dickel isn't bourbon but most of us here like it and welcome it.

Another dozen Weller Centennials. The 13 yr is about gone. Bourbon fans, not scalpers have been buying it up left and right.

Another dozen Weller Centennials. The 13 yr is about gone. Bourbon fans, not scalpers have been buying it up left and right.

Nice Spun, wish my wife would let me get a couple pallets myself (she already thinks I've lost it) so I'll just have to stick with my 12 icon9.gif. What a great bourbon.

It will definitly be my travel bourbon for a while. 1/2 a bottle a trip should be plenty for quite a while hahaha

Well, I went out to a couple of places today to pick up some new bourbons to try. Decided on, 1.Wellers 12 year old, 2.1792 Ridgemont Reserve, and 3.Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel. Also snagged a bottle of Forty Creek Canadian Whiskey and a mini bottle of Bulleit Bourbon for my collection. Now I have to decide which one to try tonight. Any suggestions? Looking forward to your replies. Joe

I went out looking for a bottle of Kentucky Spirit and ended up empty handed, although the store owner was happy to hear that it is available in Ohio so he's ordering a case (and I've got two bottles earmarked). I had to settle for some new tasting glasses from Crate and Barrel.

I went out looking for a bottle of Kentucky Spirit and ended up empty handed, although the store owner was happy to hear that it is available in Ohio so he's ordering a case (and I've got two bottles earmarked). I had to settle for some new tasting glasses from Crate and Barrel.

When you get that Kentucky Spirit let us know what you think.

5 bottles of Rip Van Winkle 10y 107p.

3 bottles of '07 George T. Stagg...still sealed in the factory box; with letter from Distillery.

Yes, really ... today.

Yesterday (3/29/08) was a Hirsch 16 year old, a Pappy Van Winkle 20 year old, Mitcher's Small Batch, Black Maple Hils 21 year old. I'm getting quite a collection. :)

A.H. Hirsch 16 year old

Bakers

Basil Hayden

Black Maple Hill

Black Maple Hill 21 year old

Blanton’s Single Barrel

Bookers

Bulleit

Colorado Whiskey

Eagle Rare

Elijah Craig

Evan Williams Single Barrel

George T. Stagg

Hancock Reserve Single Barrel

Jefferson’s Reserve

Knob Creek

Makers Mark

Mitcher’s Small Batch

Noah’s Mill

Old Forester Birthday Bourbon

Pappy Van Winkle 20 year old

Pogue Masters Select

Russell’s Reserve

Sam Houston Very Small Batch

Van Winkle 12 year old

Willets Bourbon

Woodford Reserve

Yesterday (3/29/08) was a Hirsch 16 year old, a Pappy Van Winkle 20 year old, Mitcher's Small Batch, Black Maple Hils 21 year old. I'm getting quite a collection. :)

A.H. Hirsch 16 year old

Bakers

Basil Hayden

Black Maple Hill

Blanton’s Single Barrel

Bookers

Bulleit

Colorado Whiskey

Eagle Rare

Elijah Craig

George T. Stagg

Jefferson’s Reserve

Knob Creek

Makers Mark

Mitcher’s Small Batch

Noah’s Mill

Pogue Masters Select

Russell’s Reserve

Van Winkle 12 year old

Willets Bourbon

Woodford Reserve

I will likely be in San Diego on a business trip in about two months.

Expect a visit.

Well, I went out to a couple of places today to pick up some new bourbons to try. Decided on, 1.Wellers 12 year old, 2.1792 Ridgemont Reserve, and 3.Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel. Also snagged a bottle of Forty Creek Canadian Whiskey and a mini bottle of Bulleit Bourbon for my collection. Now I have to decide which one to try tonight. Any suggestions? Looking forward to your replies. Joe

That would depend on if you wanted to drink the best 1st.. or the other way around.

I like the Elmer T. Lee, best of the bottles you listed.

A.H. Hirsch 16 year old

Bakers

Basil Hayden

Black Maple Hill

Blanton’s Single Barrel

Bookers

Bulleit

Colorado Whiskey

Eagle Rare

Elijah Craig

George T. Stagg

Jefferson’s Reserve

Knob Creek

Makers Mark

Mitcher’s Small Batch

Noah’s Mill

Pogue Masters Select

Russell’s Reserve

Van Winkle 12 year old

Willets Bourbon

Woodford Reserve

I didnt know that Van Winkle 12 year old was available??

The VW "Lot B" is a 12yo.

yea.. I just figured that out by myself... I came back to correct my post, but you beat me to it. i guess lot b... would of helped me figure it out more quickly.

This weekend I visited about 6 stores. Picked up a Dickel because I tried a #8 and didn't like it all that much so thought I give it another shot.

Last stop was the best where i found some Saz and Ardbeg.

EC 12 for $12.99

Dickel #12 -$22

Sazerac 18 2007(2) - $59

Ardbeg 10 - $45

Found a 2007 Eagle Rare 17-yr sitting on the shelf in a local liquor store. It is now mine. :cool:

Today we made a trip through "Jack" and "George" country (Lynchburg and Tullahoma). I did happen to stop in and pick up a bottle of Bourbon. I ran across a bottle of Evan Williams white label. I cannot buy this stuff in my area. I bought a small bottle the last time I was in Chattanooga and really enjoyed it, so I got a bigger bottle today. I am pretty excited about kicking back with it tonight. I also found another bottle of Rittenhouse Rye about a week ago. The store that usually carries that in my area was out :cry:. I love a good glass of the Rittenhouse then finishing off with the Evan Williams. I have been stuck with the black label for some time so am pretty excited about the white label. I think I am going to pick up a bottle of either WT101 or JB Black this weekend. I have had the WT before and really enjoyed it but have not tried the JB as of yet, so I'll go with the smaller bottle. Still in search of the Old Granddad in my area. I do tend to lead towards the rye'd whiskeys more, I love the bite they have:bigeyes:.

This weekend I visited about 6 stores. Picked up a Dickel because I tried a #8 and didn't like it all that much so thought I give it another shot.

Last stop was the best where i found some Saz and Ardbeg.

EC 12 for $12.99

Dickel #12 -$22

Sazerac 18 2007(2) - $59

Ardbeg 10 - $45

You should like the Dickle #12 a little better, I know I sure did:grin:!

:shithappens:

Today we made a trip through "Jack" and "George" country (Lynchburg and Tullahoma). I did happen to stop in and pick up a bottle of Bourbon. I ran across a bottle of Evan Williams white label. I cannot buy this stuff in my area. I bought a small bottle the last time I was in Chattanooga and really enjoyed it, so I got a bigger bottle today. I am pretty excited about kicking back with it tonight. I also found another bottle of Rittenhouse Rye about a week ago. The store that usually carries that in my area was out :cry:. I love a good glass of the Rittenhouse then finishing off with the Evan Williams. I have been stuck with the black label for some time so am pretty excited about the white label. I think I am going to pick up a bottle of either WT101 or JB Black this weekend. I have had the WT before and really enjoyed it but have not tried the JB as of yet, so I'll go with the smaller bottle. Still in search of the Old Granddad in my area. I do tend to lead towards the rye'd whiskeys more, I love the bite they have:bigeyes:.

I would get the WT again and skip the jb black... as i think the wt is much better. I even think the EW black is better then jb black..... :hot: :shithappens:

Yep, A local higher end liquor store has a few bottles of it.

I bought a bottle of 12 yr old,Old Charter..they only had 3 bottles left in the Liquor Barn on Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville..LB has virtually no Rip Van Winkle...Only 3 bottles of the 90 proof 10 yr old..Wish they would get more in...and soon..

Small purchase today:

WT Rare Breed

Liter of WT 101

PVW 20 yo

:cool:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!