What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2008

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Since Liquor Barn was out of it, I bought Antique 107 for the same price ($19) at Expressway Liquors off the U of L campus on Lee near I-65.

Expressway has a decent selection of bourbon, but no where near what LB has (usually)

-Joe

Made a haul tonight. A friend of mine manages a local bar. He's been trying to get rid of some of their stuff that doesn't sell. Stuff that's been in their liquor room for a few months. I got three unopened 1 liter bottles of Knob Creek, one open 1 liter bottle of Knob Creek, (about 90% full), and five unopened 750 ml bottles of Jim Beam Black. The whole ball of wax for $100.00. Talk about getting lucky. Things like this just don't happen to me very often. Well, looks like I'm stocked up for a while. If I make it to the June Sampler or the KBF, I know what I'll be bringing. Gonna have some Knob Creek right now to celebrate. Joe

Made a haul tonight. A friend of mine manages a local bar. He's been trying to get rid of some of their stuff that doesn't sell. Stuff that's been in their liquor room for a few months. I got three unopened 1 liter bottles of Knob Creek, one open 1 liter bottle of Knob Creek, (about 90% full), and five unopened 750 ml bottles of Jim Beam Black. The whole ball of wax for $100.00.

Joe - I need friends like that!

Today I came home with a J Beam Black 750ml, WT rare breed 375ML and a non bourbon J Daniels black 750 ml

Found a 2001 Saz 18 for $38 and also picked up a couple of BHC OCPR.

Not purchased today but a couple of days ago and I wanted to post a Thank You to Bromike for the heads up on these.

Its a wonder how a distributer can 'lose' bottles for a while, but I am sure glad they found them!

The one seems to have a minor leak under the cap that I didn't notice until I got home, so I'll have to open that one first and make sure there is no glass chipping under the lid or anything... Maybe it should get sent to the SB.com Lab for further analysis? :skep:

post-1291-14489813848245_thumb.jpg

Not purchased today but a couple of days ago and I wanted to post a Thank You to Bromike for the heads up on these.

Its a wonder how a distributer can 'lose' bottles for a while, but I am sure glad they found them!

The one seems to have a minor leak under the cap that I didn't notice until I got home, so I'll have to open that one first and make sure there is no glass chipping under the lid or anything... Maybe it should get sent to the SB.com Lab for further analysis? :skep:

very nice Christian!

i did not purchase it today, but through the generosity of a trade with another SB.com member, I received a bottle of the BTAC WLW 05. Will be tasting it shortly...

1980 Liter Old Taylor (tax stamp) ND juice but 80 proof not 86 did not know that until I got home.

1980 500ml bottle Old Taylor BIB green tax stamp.

For you Michigan guys lookin at Ann Arbor Trail and Middlebelt there's a store called Vintage Market. He has 2 bottles of WTRR 101 but he wanted $32 plus tax so I left them.

Also picked up 2 Jim Beam 7 yr old 80 proof bottles??? Not sure what these are never seen them before.

Tony

I picked up the last three Van Winkle ryes I knew of locally. Will bring at least a pair of them to the Sampler, should anyone be in need. PM me.

By the way, the same store also has (pending prior sale, of course) three Parker's HCs. I didn't check the proof, but the 127.4 is the only one I've seen, to date, distributed here. Again, PM me if you're heading to Bardstown and can't find it.

And, should anyone still want a Thedford Reserve:skep: :rolleyes: ...

Thanks to the generosity of a fellow sb member, I worked out a trade where I received 2 F05 GTS and a 2005 WLW.

Not today, but this past Monday I picked up one bottle of '07 Handy, one '07 Stagg and a bottle of Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey. I've also arranged through a trade to acquire two more bottles of the '07 Handy

Here's a pick of Monday's haul.

post-1977-14489813849155_thumb.jpg

Mark,

I've been meaning to get back to you on the Baby Saz question you asked earlier. I'm still good. I've got one full bottle and three fourths of an oppen bottle.

It looks like I'll be getting down to Peoria (where I can buy Baby Saz) on a monthly basis. My dog's eye medicine, the Cyclosporin, the vet doesn't like to mail the stuff. But thank you very much for the offer.

By the way, if you haven't tried the Stranahan's, I recommend you give it a try. It is youngish, but it really grows on you.

Just picked up a ER10yr and OC 12yr...the wife actually picked out the Eagle. Also picked up a Mellow BIB. I'm liking the ER so far......

Jefferson Reserve, with the 15YO statement

Nice find Wade. Good stuff.

Joe :usflag:

Scored a 3 pack (case) of 07 Stagg today! Store owner even applied 10%

case discount.

I bought 2 bottles last fall, was down to half a bottle of this fine nectar.

Was about 75 miles from home on the job this a.m. drove by a large spirit shop, stopped in to check it out, walked w/Stagg!

Had been saving the 1/2 bottle in cabinet for an occasion, just so happens that occasion is right now.

Bumps,

Carl

I got a 375ml and a 1.75L of Old Charter 10yo (now have the 200ml, 1L and 750ml - do they make a mini?). Non bourbon were 1 750 of Platte Valley corn whiskey and 1 750 Dos Gusanos (two worms) mezcal - mainly got the last one to gross out the wife. :lol:

Grabbed a bottle of WT Tribute in a nice little store I found. Pretty surprised to see that he still had some considering the fact that the manager was telling me about how his upper shelf stock is pretty much all selected by enthusiasts. Might give this one a try tonight, I figure it would be a good idea to open it while I still have some AS open.

At the same store I also found some French cider that I've never seen before, Bordelete Sydre Argelette (2002 vintage). It was pricey and the only other vintage cider I had wasn't so great but I figured what the hell.

Messing around in Madison, WI. Went into the Weary Traveler Bar near downtown for a burger. Then I stumbled into Star Liquer which was right next door. Found a very good selection Bourbons, scotches and Ryes. Walked out with 3 PVW 15 yr. Dam fine Whiskey if I do say so myself. I need to sneek back and get the 2 handys he had on the shelf. Diffineatly a good store to stumble into.

Today at one store I picked up a couple of Weller 12's with the older style bottle (like that of the SR & Antique), and the bottles are dated 2000 & 2001.

At another store I picked up a gold-veined 1995 Louisville bottle of Weller Antique 107, and a 1.75L 1997 Louisville bottle of Weller Special Reserve 90.

Fantastic prices on all of them!

I did all the dusty huntin' you can do in Tucson (hit all the liquor stores) and came up with two WT 86.6 proofs from 1986 (never had it befor, but they were only $13 for 750ml) and a Aug 5, 2000 WTKS. I have heard that is good.

The find of the night was a bottle of Pyrat rum cask 1623 for $70 instead of the $250 that it is everywhere else!!!! yeah-yeah

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!