What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2008

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Think I'll pick up a bottle of the PH 122.6 on my way home tonight, good idea. I like to pick up one non-replacement fifth a week anyways so this is as good a bottle as any other.

Found a couple of 1.75L bottles of Weller 12. I normally don't go for the big bottles but these days a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do....

I normally don't go for the big bottles but these days a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do....

I heard that!

,...................<-those things over there are just numerical symbols so that I'd have the required digits to post a response.

Bad news about my GTS 137, UVA in NYC says that can't ship liquor out of state and canceled my order:hot: Anyone in Brooklyn should go check it out, they said they had one bottle. I can't confirm that it is the 137 but if your in the hood it might be worth dropping by.

I did pick up the PH and I totally get why people mistake it for a wheater. Very interesting bourbon, gonna have to experiment a bit to find just the right amount of water to cut this with.

Trying to pick up a Rittenhouse Rye BIB -- which I failed to accomplish -- I ended up with:

Eagle Rare 17yo (Fall 2007)

Old Grand Dad 114 (dusty-ish... "90" stamped on the bottle)

2 Evan Williams Black 1.75L (dusty-ish... still labeled "7 years")

from 3 different stores!

While in Bardstown yesterday, I stopped into Toddy's to pick up an ORVW 10/107 ($35) and ended up picking up an EC 18 ($42). Turns out, I took the Heaven Hill tour and ended up sampling EC 18 (very different from most I've tried but I like it) And then at the Gazebo, sampled the ORVW 10/107 and the ORVW 15/107, like 'em both a lot...wish the 15 was still around.

-Joe

In keeping with Joe's "What did I get during the Bardstown Sampler", I bought or traded for the following:

Willett's Pot Still Bottle

BTEC Cab Franc

FR SB

FR Small Batch

VOB 6yo 100proof

AAA 10yo

ORVW Blue Smoke 18yo

Van Winkle Family Reserve 16yo (Bottled in 1984)

Parker's Heritage 2nd Release

Charter 101

I posted a pic under "2008 Sampler"

These make one want to get to KY and the Sampler more often.

Randy

Yesterday I was able to obtain some Willett Family Reserve 7 yr bourbon (details under Collectibles/Dusty Hunting). I put another bottle on reserve, plus a 6 yr Willett and if all goes well, another 15 yr. I haven't had the 6 yr, but the 7 and especially the 15 are outrageously good. None of these are the Pot Still version, BTW.

Didn't purchase, but won a bottle of Templeton Rye at a bowling banquet tonight. Joe

Got in 2 bottle of Jim Beam White - one on the bottom has a 2 digit of 69 and is 86 proof. The other shows no date and is 80 proof. Both are tax strip era and show just 5 generations of beams the side of the bottle. Best thing was they were only 15 dollars + shipping. Also expecting a 1985 Old Fitz , 10 year Eagle Rare. Times is good.

A 750 of Evan Williams Black label for $11.25 and I can't wait to crack it open later

This has been an exciting week for me. After struggling to find a liquor store in my area (South of Boston) that carries anything other than Jim Beam products and MM, I was tipped off to check out Yankee Spirits. Went there 2 days ago, and they carry about 20 different bourbons, including some of the most highly recommended on this forum. I picked up Buffalo Trace, and Jim Beam Rye (I like Manhattans). I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but will make sure tonight.

3 odd balls today! Well not that odd I guess

1 - Slope Shoulder OCPR 13yr L'ville bottle

1 - King Tut Michter's decanter feels full tax stamp 1978 (I'm sure the cork will not come out nicely) we may have to decant this one. Store owner said I would not open this if I were you! "Why, I asked" He said it's probably bad, plus it might be worth money some day! Baahhh! I say we drink it!!

1 - Tiffany & Co. 1776 decanter with Segrams and tax stamp in tact (I'm guessing this is from the late 1970's as well).

I had a productive lunch today.

Hey Tony, with that tut decanter, now you can drink like an Egyptian, drink too much of it and you'll be crawling like one instead of walking. Nice lunch hour catches you made today!

Thomas

Thanks Thomas! I will try to post some pic's once I clean the dirt off the Segrams.

Cheers!

Tony

One of my co-workers is heading to Chicago for a bowling tournament this weekend and he said that after hearing me talk the place up, he's stopping at Binny's.

Along with some Patron Silver and a 1.75 of Absolut for the summer party season, I've got another Weller 12 on the way. :grin:

I should just order a case and be done with it.

1 - Slope Shoulder OCPR 13yr L'ville bottle

Hey, me too!

It's my first encounter with the Bourbon Heritage Collection.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!