What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2008

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Complete 07 BTAC plus 2 06 ER17 and 2 Vintage 17. Also 4 OCPR 13 yo. My wallet is still smoking.

A bottle of Rare Breed dated '99. The best thing about it was the price, which was lower than the current WTRBs go for by a couple bucks.

Also picked up a current Evan Williams Black (NAS), for a virtual mini-tasting with Dr. François and AC Detroit later this week.

I decided I'd better start getting the remaining Tributes off the shelves here in Houston. Paid $89 today for the last one I know about. Left an OCPR 13yo BHC on the shelf though and lots of American Spirit.

Randy

Finally picked up a Bakers and also found a Weller Special Reserve that hasn't been around my parts... never tried either but I am drinking the Bakers now and enjoying it immensely.

Acquired a costly treasure: Kentucky Tavern BIB 1952/1960. Hope this one has weathered the years. Will have to save it for a special occasion.

-Mike

Acquired a costly treasure: Kentucky Tavern BIB 1952/1960. Hope this one has weathered the years. Will have to save it for a special occasion.

-Mike

Mike,

Terrific find! Be sure to share some tasting notes when you do eventually open that up. Hope things are going well for you.

A couple EW BIB, another Lot 40 and some Highland Park 12yo all came home with me today.

I decided that I would enjoy my favorites more if I had some backup bottles on hand, so I expanded my collection by a couple of bottles of Lot B, and Weller 12 and I also added Weller SR, WLW BTAC '07 and the Bernheim Wheat.

I think I need to stop for a bit. :grin:

Last night i picked up 2 ORVW 10/107 Frankfurt. $28.99/ea.

mmmm mmmmm mmmmmm

Picked up Vintage 17, Bakers, EW 1793, Elmer T. Lee, OGD 114.

Looking forward to trying the Vintage 17 for the first time...

Also anxious to see if the last bottle of ETL I bought that tasted like charcoal to me was an off bottle...

Wondering if the asparagus I failed to notice in my last bottle of 1783 will materialize like it has for others...

Finally, anxious to see if the hint of chocolate and loads of spice I picked up and remember from my last bottle of Baker's is still there...

It'll be a busy weekend :cool:

restocked some cheapies, 2 OGD BIBs, 1 Old Overholt, and a half gallon of EWB for $16. shots for the band.

6 more bottles of Weller Centennial that was bottled for Julio's Liquors.

It's a 13 yo btw.

I did not know FedEx delivered on Saturday.

The Sazerac Rye that is not from the BTAC is referred to as Baby Saz.

A few months ago I has drinking Eagle Rare 101 10yo New Orleans bottle and it was very similar to GTStagg, the same praline and pecans, I dubbed it Baby Stagg.

Last night I had some William Larue Weller from the 2007 BTAC followed up by some of Julios Centennial and I gotta say it is very similar to the WLW, the same carmel and dark fruits, so I now christian this Centennial as Baby Larue.

My first day hunting bourbon at an actual store and not over the internet.

2 ORVW 15/107 hand numbered

1 ORVW 10/107 hand numbered

1 LARGE size Weller Antique

My first day hunting bourbon at an actual store and not over the internet.

2 ORVW 15/107 hand numbered

1 ORVW 10/107 hand numbered

1 LARGE size Weller Antique

Good for you on the ORVW. especially the 15's!

My wife sent me to get invitations for this year's Derby Party. I did... along with: EC 12, ETL, EWSB 1998, OF 100, PVW 15, and a coupla OC Classic 90's (stockpiling these to replace the now gone OCPR).

Not much Weller to be found in these parts so I grabbed the remaining bottle of a SB bottling of OWA 107.

^ I was just about to post that I bought a 1792 and really like it. First sip reminded me of knob creek. Who makes this?

Old Forester 86 proof. College buddies coming to town, so we need a little OF and Coke (or Root Beer) to reminisce.

^ I was just about to post that I bought a 1792 and really like it. First sip reminded me of knob creek. Who makes this?

1792 is made by Barton.

Scott

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!