What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2008

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had to head back to the Rite-Aid (see other thread, last time there was a scouting mission) and pick up one of those $10.49 bottles of VOB bib.

So now I have backup bottles of ORVW 10/107 and VOB bib.

I stopped into the Meijer Party Store to check them out, and Rite-Aid beats Meijer for selection and price hands down.

-Joe

Just traded for a Vinatage 17 yr

spun_cookie, How does Vintage 17 compare with some of the other bourbons of similar age and proof?

-Joe

3 bottles of the Weller Centennial that you guys are always raving about and 2 bottles of "Baby Saz" which is becoming one of my favorites!

Went out to get a bottle of watermelon martini mix (hey, it's for my wife's book club). Came back with that; and the following:

• PHC
  • FR 120
  • WTAS
  • Wathens
  • 1.75L of W12

Went out to get a bottle of watermelon martini mix (hey, it's for my wife's book club). Came back with that; and the following:

• PHC
  • FR 120
  • WTAS
  • Wathens
  • 1.75L of W12

John, you definitely got the best of that deal!

I picked up some Weller 12-year, per recommendations here. I also bought a bottle of Old Overholt rye to be used in making a batch of bitters. I figure something inexpensive is sufficient for this task. BTW, my nearest liquour store, not a large one, but part of a chain, now stocks four different ryes, which is a nice thing.

BTW, my nearest liquour store, not a large one, but part of a chain, now stocks four different ryes, which is a nice thing.

That is a nice thing! :grin:

If your talking about the chain I'm thinking of....they can get alot more than that. They will transfer between stores if you ask them and is available.

The main four that are in town are OO, JB, WT (my choice) and Sazerac.

The others are VanWinkle, Russels Reserve, Sazerac BTAC and Thomas Handy BTAC. The BTAC is only available at certain times in the year.

There are a few other stores that carry others, if your intersted pm me.

Cheers!

Are you working the Blantons as well.

I think you have a head start !!! (bastard!!):grin:

Are you working the Blantons as well.

I think you have a head start !!! (bastard!!):grin:

Its like a Hitchock film around here... Every where I go I am being attacted by a Bird :slappin:

No tastes yet... I have the Cask, the Silver and the Standard right now... I am waiting for the Gold, Black, and the Green. I think that is all of them...

When I get all 6, we will do a Blanton's tasting night... you in?

Just made a trade with said Bird... A little Hirsch 16yr for some Weller and Willett... plus some 50mls for the Tennis game - EW23yr, 1792 and one unknown... :D

I got a 5-bottle parcel today from a German online dealer that I hadn’t heard of before. 2 bottles of old Commonwealth 10 Y 107 proof, the original Weller Centennial from the heritage set including box, Yellowstone 86 proof bottled 97 and a split label WT 12 that didn’t have the “limited edition†mark on the label that I am used to. Probably because t was bottled 97 and most other bottles of this one I have seen were from the first half of the90-is.

I did feel I stuck real lucky at least on the Weller and the Commonwealth that I normally see as E-bay stuff.

Leif

Just got 'em in today.

Russell's Reserve 101

Eagle Rare 101 New Orleans 1 liter bottle

Old Rip Van Winkle 15yo 107 proof

I've never had the ORVW 15 107, I have two bottles of it now so I will be tasting it soon.

Just got 'em in today.

Russell's Reserve 101

I've never had the ORVW 15 107, I have two bottles of it now so I will be tasting it soon.

OscarV strikes bourbon gold.

Congratulations fellas on the nice pickups.

Picked up the last of the Julio's Weller Centennial. 2 for me, 2 for Birdman, 2 for DrunkinJayHawk and 2 on hold for BuffaloBill.

Just got 'em in today.

Russell's Reserve 101

Nice Pick ups !!!

I'm assuming from another SB.com'er?

Gee, I forgot to mention here that I finally got 4 bottles of 4R 120th the other day.

Will be uncorking one tomorrow at the start of a very long weekend.

Picked up a handle of JBW today for the father-in-law (we are on family vacation in NC) and grabbed a bottle of Bulleit for me and a Maker's for the wife.

I found a dusty handle of S-W made Reble Yell today and I'm looking foward to trying it tonight.

I found a dusty handle of S-W made Reble Yell today and I'm looking foward to trying it tonight.

Crap! After doing some more digging, I'm now convinced that all I have is a very dusty and faded bottle of modern RY and that the packaging, which mentions Weller, is deceptive.

I'm a bit ticked- and very embarrased for posting here and now wearing a fair amount of egg on my face. It is tough being a bourbon noob.

But then again, I have a handle of pretty decent bourbon.

Am I crazy, or does RY taste more like MM than modern Weller?

Bought a bottle of 4 y/o I.W. Harper gold label w/Louisville listed as the location of the distillery on the bottom & "THIS WHISKEY IS 4 YEARS OLD" on the back. Looking forward to cracking it open, never had Harper, let alone harper from the UD (Bernheim?) days before.

Bought a bottle of 4 y/o I.W. Harper gold label w/Louisville listed as the location of the distillery on the bottom & "THIS WHISKEY IS 4 YEARS OLD" on the back. Looking forward to cracking it open, never had Harper, let alone harper from the UD (Bernheim?) days before.

Where else would Harper be from?:searching:

Is it 80 or 86 proof?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!