What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2008

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Spent some more tax refund on the internet today.

4 x ORVW 10/107

2 x Classic Cask 15yo 90.8 proof

2 x Classic Cask 21yo rye

PM if interested where..........

Good day today.

2006 WLW

2006 Thomas Handy

12yr Van Winkle rye

7 375 OFG (80s SW)

1 750 OFG (mid 80s)

1 375 OFG (70s)

2 6yr Willets

2 7 year Willets

1 750 Old Barton

1 1980 OGD 114

I think that was... Twas a good May day

Good day today.

2006 WLW

2006 Thomas Handy

12yr Van Winkle rye

7 375 OFG (80s SW)

1 750 OFG (mid 80s)

1 375 OFG (70s)

2 6yr Willets

2 7 year Willets

1 750 Old Barton

1 1980 OGD 114

I think that was... Twas a good May day

Greetings Spun_Cookie,

It does sound like a very good day. A dearest congratulations on your many new bourbon finds!

Kindest,

Geb

I teamed up with spun_cookie today, along with my brother. Consequently, I have some overlap with spun_cookie.

OGD 114 '80

Old Charter BIB late '70s

Willett 6yr bourbon "Pear Tree"

EC 18yr '80

VWFR Rye '07

Forty Creek Barrel Select (I've been wanting to try this)

And so I'll throw my stuff in.....

1982 Old Grand Dad 114

Old Fitz BIB (Bernheim) DSP KY-1

1983 Ky Gentleman 80p

I got a parcel today with a bottle of WT stampede (E-bay). Nothing on the bottle indicates when it was bottled. Does anyone know an approximate time when this was produced?

Leif

I got a parcel today with a bottle of WT stampede (E-bay). Nothing on the bottle indicates when it was bottled. Does anyone know an approximate time when this was produced?

Leif

I believe it was around 1997/1998 that it was released. It was the DFS release before Freedom.

Scott

I believe it was around 1997/1998 that it was released. It was the DFS release before Freedom.

Scott

Thank you very much for the information Scott.

Leif

Black Maple Hills 14yo single barrel bourbon (I've never seen it before but they're sure to point out it's limited editon).

Black Maple Hills 14yo single barrel bourbon (I've never seen it before but they're sure to point out it's limited editon).

It's not even made anymore but there's a lot of it still sitting around on store shelves.

A local store has it for $75 (the 11yo for $61 and the 16yo for $95) while another a little further away has the 21yo for $140.

What did you pay for yours?

I paid 63 and it was from a store I go to all the time (I was even in Monday and it wasn't there). Who knows where it came from, but this store's good for unexpected bourbon finds. Oh, and it was the only bottle when I got there, though someone had taken the time to hang up tasting notes. The other surprise was seeing that young Colorado whiskey on the shelf for 58... it's apropos that it's stocked right next to the Old Whiskey River as I don't doubt they'll both be together for years to come.

I'd swear this bourbon is exactly what 1792 would taste like if it were aged 14 years. Overall, not impressed but that could change after the bottle's had some time to breathe.

I'd swear this bourbon is exactly what 1792 would taste like if it were aged 14 years. Overall, not impressed but that could change after the bottle's had some time to breathe.

Rumor has it that it's Heaven Hill juice. Vat some EC 12 and EC 18 and it might taste similar.

I just can't taste or feel EC in this bottle but everything about Ridgemont Reserve screams "kissing cousins". The only thing that's throwing me is BMH's woody finish, remeniscent of PVW 20 which is peculiar in a bourbon at this age (IME).

I lucked in to two 750's of Weller Centennial out of state :woohoo: and I grabbed a 375 of WT101 locally to take to a party.

Was at a party at some friends house tonight. My birthday is in a couple of weeks, and my friends (who know I like bourbon) gave me a bottle of Makers Mark as an early present. Needless to say, I like my friends. A lot. :cool: Joe

Made a quick trip south and stopped by Chucks in Bowling Green. Came away with FR single and small batch, Old Fitz BIB, Old HH BIB, and VOB BIB. Have sampled the Old Fitz and I like this very much.

It's always fun to find something new.

Mike

Yesterday I finally picked up a bottle of WTRB (batch WT-03RB). Mainly because I'm moving up to Michigan soon (Grand Rapids, to be precise), and booze is a heck of a lot cheaper here in Ohio, if thinner in selection.

I'm moving up to Michigan soon

Hey Schpyder, there a few MI SB.com's here so we'll have to get together at one of our informal Michigan Bourbon Hounds tasting.

I really didn't need to purchase anything but I felt like it.

So I looked over the selection at my favorite store and came away with a WLWeller Antique 107.

I'll call it purchased today because I had to pay for it, even though it's still in Kentucky! The Fore Roses 120th has hit the shelves at my favorite store so a road trip will be in order!

OH YEAH! If you did not hear, the 120th Four Roses hit the shelves of KY today!!

Cheers!

Tony

The Fore Roses 120th has hit the shelves at my favorite store so a road trip will be in order!

I don't care if gas is $10.00 a gallon, LET'S GO!!!

I found a sad, lonely bottle of Sazerac 18, 2007. Of course I was more than glad to take him home. Then i started counting and found I had 6 of these guys so now I have no reason not to open one. Maybe I'll even mix up a sazerac cocktail, haven't had one of those in quite some time.

Howdy,

Baker's. I'll post my first impressions later. I'm looking forward to this well-regarded offering from the Beam people.

Eggman

Hey Schpyder, there a few MI SB.com's here so we'll have to get together at one of our informal Michigan Bourbon Hounds tasting.

Yeah, I've seen quite a few posts from them (and you)! If anyone has any recommendations on where to get the good stuff in Grand Rapids, I'd much appreciate it. I've found Martha's Vineyard and GB Russo so far, and they have pretty good selections, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all for it.

Yeah, I've seen quite a few posts from them (and you)! If anyone has any recommendations on where to get the good stuff in Grand Rapids, I'd much appreciate it. I've found Martha's Vineyard and GB Russo so far, and they have pretty good selections, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all for it.

Welcome to GR. Sorry I can't help with any good stores in GR, but if you make it into the Lansing area let me know. I'll be happy to help!

Mike

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!