What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

boss302
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tried some Glen Breton Rare Canadian single malt last night. Pretty nice stuff, though not worth the $90 they want for a bottle at the LCBO.

Tried some Glen Breton Rare Canadian single malt last night. Pretty nice stuff, though not worth the $90 they want for a bottle at the LCBO.

Hehe... I guess alll that talk of Glenora Distillery made you thirsty for it icon12.gif. I'm really curious now myself.... although not $90 curious.

Tonight I'm enjoying a wee pour of The Balvenie 12 yr doublewood. It's such a fine pour and a bargain at $40.

Moved on to some Highland Park 12 yr. Pretty darn good. Nice spicy kick in the finish.

My favorites these days are various single malts from Highland Park, Bowmore, Lagavulin, Talisker and Balvenie.

Reached for top shelf tonight. Started with Highland Park 18 which was spectacular and then Talisker 18. Every time I return to these drams I am blown away. Tonight was no exception. Cheers!

I know it's a blended but my Dentist invited me by for some JW Blue label tonight. 2 really nice pours and I really could not believe how strooth this bottle was. Very nice,

Tony

Glenfiddich 12 (new bottling). Big time fruit salad on the nose and palette. This is much better than I was expecting.

I have to agree. From a review I did a few years ago:

"This is a thinking man's scotch. There is so much going on that to pick out all the flavors and accents can take an hour for just a shot. On the other hand, the blenders art is so refined that if you don't care to think you still have a very smooth enjoyable drink that is noticeably better then almost any other blend."

I know it's a blended but my Dentist invited me by for some JW Blue label tonight. 2 really nice pours and I really could not believe how strooth this bottle was. Very nice,

Tony

My favorites these days are various single malts from Highland Park, Bowmore, Lagavulin, Talisker and Balvenie.

Although I haven't had any Bowmore, the HP 12 & 18, Lagavulin 16, Balvenie 12, 15, 21, and Talisker 10 and 18 all grace my bar and are truly spectacular. The only one you're missing of mine is the Aberlour A'Bunadh for that once-in-a-while sweet sherry treat.

I have to agree. From a review I did a few years ago:

"This is a thinking man's scotch. There is so much going on that to pick out all the flavors and accents can take an hour for just a shot. On the other hand, the blenders art is so refined that if you don't care to think you still have a very smooth enjoyable drink that is noticeably better then almost any other blend."

If you think that's good, you should try Chivas Regal Royal Salute (21-year, all malt). Heckuva lot cheaper, too.

Reached for top shelf tonight. Started with Highland Park 18 which was spectacular.

HP 18 is never a disappointment, I totally agree.

Here is my review of that from 12/06. I prefer the Blue if given the choice but the Chivas is a fine dram too.

If you think that's good, you should try Chivas Regal Royal Salute (21-year, all malt). Heckuva lot cheaper, too.

Nice night of Scotch... Small tastes of Three Taliskers (74, 93, 20yr cask strength), Delwinie 15yr, Edradour 10yr, and one other... forget the name.

Not a big Scotch fan but the Talsiker 20yr cask rocked

Nice night of Scotch... Small tastes of Three Taliskers (74, 93, 20yr cask strength), Delwinie 15yr, Edradour 10yr, and one other... forget the name.

Not a big Scotch fan but the Talsiker 20yr cask rocked

I'm jealous on the Taliskers my friend. I haven't had a cask strength Talisker before but I love the 10 and 18. Sounds like a great scotch night!

I am going on a diet for a month so I am forgoing scotch for a while. So last night I finish all of the open bottles I have. No worry, all of them are down to a couple of fingers. I finished off:

Talisker 18

Arran 12

Clynelish 18

However, I have a previous committment to go on a trip this weekend so just for the trip I bought a bottle of Aberlour A'bunadth batch # 18.

A couple of days again, had the privledge of this one..

Score 88 Glenlivet 22 1973 (56%, Signatory Vintage)July 10, 2008. My first dram at RX McRoy, in Seattle. Nose: Malty, peaty, classic. Rich, earthy and musty. Mouth: The whole thing, all the elements are congruent form nose to mouth. Lovely.

I am going on a diet for a month so I am forgoing scotch for a while. So last night I finish all of the open bottles I have. No worry, all of them are down to a couple of fingers. I finished off:

Talisker 18

Arran 12

Clynelish 18

However, I have a previous committment to go on a trip this weekend so just for the trip I bought a bottle of Aberlour A'bunadth batch # 18.

Good luck on your diet. Because you didn't mention it, at least it sounds like you're not foregoing the bourbon!

JOE

Good luck on your diet. Because you didn't mention it, at least it sounds like you're not foregoing the bourbon!

JOE

Lol, I wish I can. I am not a bourbon drinker yet but I have a 5-liter oak barrel with bourbon in it. Its been there for 1.5 months and perhaps after the diet I can start sampling it.

Tonight I enjoyed a serious pour of Balvenie Doublewood 12 yr. Then I shifted to bourbon, VSOF and ORVW 10/107

Signatory 9yo Peaty Bunnahavain, from Binnys. An intense, buttery dram, with tons of peat and a good deal of character....

BenRiach Origine Islay Malt 10 Years.

It's peaty and briny, like an Islay malt should, but on the lighter side. I don't get smoke like in an Ardbeg or a Lagavulin. I think this would make a good introductory Islay whisky. The finish lingers surprisingly, considering that the flavor profile is light and straightforward.

I think I got this a couple years back out of a close-out bin for under $20, so I can't complain.

I don't think BenRiach is an Islay distillery, so to be honest I don't know if this is really an Islay, or merely in the style of Islay.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!