What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

boss302
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Scapa 14, bottle is almost gone now!

That's on my hit list as well. How do you like it?

That's on my hit list as well. How do you like it?

It is quite good for the money. I get lots of pear with it and a bit of heather, but not as much as HP. Bourbon wood as well. Get it, you will not be disappointed!

I did a review of the Scapa 12 here and I mentioned the 14 in it. Just haven't gotten around to reviewing it yet.

I love that Laga 16 myself Gov.

Tonight I started with Balvenie Double Wood 12 yr and now I'm really enjoying some Highland Park 12. Damn these are goooooood!

Scapa 14, bottle is almost gone now!

Oh I love my Scapa 14!

I find it to be one of the most gentle, smooth and soothing drams around. Its just so light and creamy.

Powertrip

Tonight I'm contemplating a Carsebridge 1963 43yo Scottish single grain. 43% and soo smoooth it hurts. Nose of wood vanilla, and rum. Flavor- smooth sweet brown sugar vanilla with hints of nutmeg and cinnamon. Medium finish with lingering sugar and vanilla. Not extremely complex, but it sure goes down quicker than a hot tart. yum

Interesting dram then. I find it hard to keep in the glass, as it keeps dissapearing. I think there's a hole in me glass. Wait... OK I found the problem.

It's very smooth drinking. Lovely stuff.

Glenfiddich 18-year. Definitely some Spanish Oak in there. The "spiced apple" tasting note provided on the bottle is surprisingly-accurate. More oak than the 12-year, for sure.

Having said that, I found a little bit of edginess in this one that bears a resemblance to the 12-year. The bottle of the 15-year Solera Reserve, surprisingly, rounded it off somehow. My favorite is, thus far, the 15-year.

But, for only $67 in PA, this 18-year Single Malt is certainly nothing to scoff at!

At $44 in a PA State Store, this is certainly one of the more expensive 12-year Speysides on the shelf. But Cragganmore is certainly worth it. It is nearly as smooth and rounded as The Balvenie, and also possesses some of the complex, floral aromas of Glenmorangie.

As The Balvenie and Glenmorangie are two of my favorite Highland/Speyside malts, I have to say I thoroughly-enjoyed this dram of Cragganmore 12-year.

Now, if only DiaGeo will release a single malt bottling of Linkwood...

Now, if only DiaGeo will release a single malt bottling of Linkwood...

Ahhh, but they have. Just not in the US. This one is from the Flora & Fauna series.

Linkwood%2012.JPG

There are plent of independent versions around though from Signatory, G&M, Adelphi, Mission etc etc.

Ardbeg 10, the 2006 edition. Just one of the most wonderful malts- balanced sweet malt and a wack of peat...Thank god I have three of this same year stored away..

Bruichladdich Infinity 1st Edition.

Laphroaig Cask Strength.

Port Charlotte PC5.

The Balvenie Founder's Reserve. Lots of Honey! Just wonderful!

Balvenie 17-year Sherry Wood-- again.

This is supposed to be my "special occassion" pour, but I just can't keep myself away from it!!!!!

I opened my bottle of William Grant's Sherry Cask Reserve tonight. Pretty nice for a young blend. The Oloroso sherry finish definitely adds richness and complexity to the blend. Not quite as good as The Famouse Grouse, but it's close...

I'm enjoying some JWBlack, but might go mix some sherry with some regular Grant's Family Reserve to see if I like the change. Thanks for the idea!

The Glenlivet Nadurra 16 YO at 57.2% ABV (114.4 proof). Bottled 06/06, and batch number 0606A, $56/bottle. This is my last older Nadurra bottling: the newest release is at somewhat lower proof, sad to say, but still excellent. Also, this is my favorite Glenlivet except for the outrageously good Glenlivet 21, which is now too steep for me at $132/bottle. A definite honey taste, like some Balvenies. Just great! Cheers, Ed

The Glenlivet Nadurra 16 YO at 57.2% ABV (114.4 proof). Bottled 06/06, and batch number 0606A, $56/bottle. This is my last older Nadurra bottling: the newest release is at somewhat lower proof, sad to say, but still excellent. Also, this is my favorite Glenlivet except for the outrageously good Glenlivet 21, which is now too steep for me at $132/bottle. A definite honey taste, like some Balvenies. Just great! Cheers, Ed

The Nadurra is a great pour- I actaully enjy it a great deal more than the GL 21, which I have a bottle open of now. To me, the 21 loses a bit too much of its character from the sherry- but it is very nice.

Too bad the Nadurra isn't available in Ontario, as I'd like to try it...

Glenfiddich 15 Solera Reserve; one of my favorite Speyside drams. Such beautiful structure and balance to the flavour.

Aberlour A'Bunadh #18 and then Highland Park 12 yr. Now on to Julio's Weller Centennial 13 yr bourbon... great stuff.

I am a serial drinker meaning I only have one or two open bottles at a given time. But my sons visited and we opened several bottles like Talisker 18, Aberlour A'bunadh #21, Ardbeg 10, Arran 18, Clynelish 18, Benriach Curiositas. Last night I had Aberlour which is becoming a favorite. I also like he Benriarch Curiositas very much. This version is quite peaty unlike the other releases which I dont prefer much.

Laphroaig 10 here tonight. I've always heard that the 10 is a bit rough around the edges and a bit brash, but I like its character a great deal. It's sweeter than I expected.

My mother-in-law's husband was here tonight and popped a fresh mint leaf into his dram, so, of course, I had to try it too. Not bad! Next pour will be three fingers neat, however. :grin:

Cheers!

Tasting all four of the new Glenmorangie line (Lasanta, Origional, Quinta Ruban, and Nectar de Or). The Nectar is Sauternes finished, and to me, the far best of the lot, and the best of ten GLenmorangie's I have tried. Great nose, rich, fat, malty, fruit-balance. The mouth is totally congruent with the nose, and wonderfully mouth coating. A great malt. The Origional 10 is very disapointing, must less spicy and more fruity then the old ten, and a bit dull. A much different profile, and not to my liking.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!