What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

boss302
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In honor of St. Paddy's this week, I opened a bottle of The Irishman Single Malt (10 year). Wow, this stuff is great. A nice creamy mouthfeel and notes of honey and tropical fruit (guava and mango come to mind). Nice long finish, especially for an Irish. On par with some of the best Irish whiskey i've had.

Glad you enjoyed it. I absolutely love that one too. Even the standard bottle of the Irishman is excellent value for $25.

Drinking a nice pour of Highland Park 15 year old in a hotel bar to close out the night. Business travel is not without its perks.

Another 10 year Irish single malt. This time the Bushmills 10 yr. It's nice but not nearly as good as the Irishman 10 year.
Glad you enjoyed it. I absolutely love that one too. Even the standard bottle of the Irishman is excellent value for $25.

I am also a fan of the Irishman 70 and single malt. Funny you mention the Bushmills 10. I like both but find them a bit different from one another. A friend preferes the Bush 10 to the Irishman.

Just goes to show that every palate is unique!

Edited by tanstaafl2

I am also a fan of the Irishman 70 and single malt. Funny you mention the Bushmills 10. I like both but find them a bit different from one another. A friend preferes the Bush 10 to the Irishman.

Just goes to show that every palate is unique!

Very true. A friend brought over a bottle of Bushmills 21 a few days ago and he swears it's the best Irish whiskey he's ever had. I thoroughly enjoyed it but wouldn't have gone nearly so far in awarding it the top spot on the Irish whiskey ladder. At $120, I think one can do better but to each his own.

Seriously contemplating cracking open my St Magdalene 19 year 1979 Vintage Rare Malts tonight as a celebratory pour! The founder of Malt Madness raves about it being one of the best malts he's had so seems apropos.

Oh and think it might be time to start a new ".. Wee dram" thread.

Seriously contemplating cracking open my St Magdalene 19 year 1979 Vintage Rare Malts tonight as a celebratory pour! The founder of Malt Madness raves about it being one of the best malts he's had so seems apropos.

Oh and think it might be time to start a new ".. Wee dram" thread.

What are you celebrating?

the Balvenie TUN 1401 Batch 3

So I've been nosing and sipping on this for almost two hours now... What a cracking dram!

Edited by ChainWhip

Has anyone tried the Jameson Select Reserve Black Barrel Irish Whiskey? Basically, it sounds like a "gussied up" regular Jameson, meaning select barrels of

pot still sherry cask and "rare select grain whiskey" from ex Wild Turkey barrels...all with greater age than the standard expression but still at 40% ABV.

Most reviews say similar to the regular but more...richer, deeper etc. Some reviews say it is more "bourbon like".

http://www.drinkhacker.com/2012/02/07/review-jameson-black-barrel-select-reserve-irish-whiskey/

Enjoying a nice pour of Redbreast 12 cask strength. A birthday gift from my brother. The gift that keeps on giving!

Went to a Bushmill's tasting last night at Mac McGee's new location in Roswell. Awesome place, BTW. Two stories, two bars, a second floor porch for sitting, great decor. Anywho, they were pouring Original Bushimill's, BlackBush, and the 10yr, 16yr, and 21 year. Blackbush and 16 yr were my faves. But really, the only disappointment, if you can even call it that, was the 10 yr. It was too light, and not much to it. I would take the original over it, any day. So, I'll be picking up a BB or 16yr for St Patrick's Day.

Watching the 'Dores put a thumping on my Cats, had to break into the Powers Gold Label a little early. And a little heavy.

Almost embarassed to say, but I am currently being blown away by this Knappogue Castle 12 y/o. I don't know what's come over me. I just want to dive into this bottle. So great right now.

Almost embarassed to say, but I am currently being blown away by this Knappogue Castle 12 y/o. I don't know what's come over me. I just want to dive into this bottle. So great right now.

Are you going to do a review Josh? I'd be interested to hear your notes. Knappogue 12 is 39.99 here and that's pretty good for a straight 12 year old product of any kind. I was thinking of picking up a bottle for St. Pat's.

Broke into some Scapa 14 Year Old last night. Thick and oily and tasted like I was eating a caramel apple. Added a little water and got maple syrup and some lemon.

Are you going to do a review Josh? I'd be interested to hear your notes. Knappogue 12 is 39.99 here and that's pretty good for a straight 12 year old product of any kind. I was thinking of picking up a bottle for St. Pat's.

Not from bottles in my bunker but it was a wonderful afternoon with my favorite whiskey monger enjoying Invergordon 41 year old grain whiskey and two Bruichladdichs from the 21 year old Cuvee Series: no. 382 the La Berenice Sauterne finish and no. 407 PX Sherry Cask finish.

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, finishing off some Jameson (from my extremely limited selection of Irish whiskey, which includes only one other selection!)

A bunch of guys get together every year for the NCAA tournament picks, and this year the bar had RB12. Nice touch for St. Patrick's Day

After black&tans all day, this pour of Red Breast 12 yr Cask Strength should finish out St. Pat's nicely.

Last night, I had my first Glenlivet, the 12 year. Moved on to the Macallan 18. Liked the Glenlivet better, but neither measures up to the Tomatin 12, to my palate.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!