What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

boss302
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not enjoying a dram just yet, but enjoying this surprising, unsolicited gift from The Balvenie.

[ATTACH]15015[/ATTACH]

You updated your Warehouse24 profile didn't you? I guess I wasn't one of the first 1000 people to do so :-(

Regardless, nice score!!!

From last night, but enjoyed a tiny pour of Dalmore King Alexander III. Really, really nice. They really pulled off the whole aging-in-six-types-of-barrels trick; the finish has a ton of complexity, especially some nice fruity wine notes.

You updated your Warehouse24 profile didn't you? I guess I wasn't one of the first 1000 people to do so :-(

Regardless, nice score!!!

Now that you mention it I do recall doing something with their website. Guess I got lucky. It's a much nicer glass than the Glenfiddich Glencairn I've been drinking from for the last 4 years. Probably means it won't last 4 years. :rolleyes:

Now that you mention it I do recall doing something with their website. Guess I got lucky. It's a much nicer glass than the Glenfiddich Glencairn I've been drinking from for the last 4 years. Probably means it won't last 4 years. :rolleyes:

Is this your first taste of them? If so, what did you think? Haven't had the MC in a while but the John's Lane is one of my favorites.

Is this your first taste of them? If so, what did you think? Haven't had the MC in a while but the John's Lane is one of my favorites.
I have had Michael Collins SM 10yr quite a few times in the past and bunked up a few @$24 and the Powers John's Lane is a recent purchase after a blind tasting and was blown away!I currently have one of the John's Lane and need to pick up a couple more for future enjoyment just great stuff!I did also notice that the MC has now lost it's age statement on the 10yr SM and is now in a new more stylized bottle,damn shame as the new stuff is not the same.

Started my night with some Clynelish 14 yr and now enjoying some BenRiach 12 yr. The Clynelish really hit the spot!

I had some Longmorn 15yo 90° a little earlier tonight. This bottle is growing on me. The cork fell apart upon opening, but I was able to get most of it out with only a few bigger chunks falling in the bottle. I'm always paranoid about scotch begin tainted, especially something that sat around for years and years before I snatched it up for $60; for some scotch, taint is what they were going for ;). There is a weird, astringent off-note here, but other than that I'm finding a lot to like. A great hazelnut-cashew nuttiness with a little mushroom in there, making me think of sherried wood. It's sweet, but not terribly, and well balanced with some fig jamminess and very clean sugars. I know where another bottle or two of this stuff is... I might just have to pick them up next time I'm in the area!

Went to a whisky tasting this afternoon which included 3 Balvenie bottlings (14yo Caribbean rum cask, 15yo Single Malt and the pricey 17yo peated cask finish) and the Benromach Peat Smoke. It was supposed to include the Bunnahabhain 12 and Toiteach but apparently those got finished off the evening before so the 14 and 15yo Balvenie filled in for them.

The 3 Balvinie's were quite nice but didn't care for the Benromach. The 17yo was my favorite with the Rum cask finish second.

post-8493-14489818802885_thumb.jpg

A pleasant way to spend an hour or so.

post-8493-14489818802885_thumb.jpg

Islay night. Bruichladdich Laddie 10, Bunnahahbain 12, and Ardbeg 10. Three very different Islays.

The old standby, Dewar's White Label, with a lot of ice and some water in a tall tumbler.

I once had a friend, he was a horse vet, who drank it this way.

When it's hot and you're thirsty, it's almost like drinking cold Scottish beer. :)

Moved up a notch to The Balvenie 12 Double Wood. Just a couple of oz's on ice.

It's delicious.

A few today to celebrate Easter.... Old Pultenay 12, a couple of Glenmorangie Signet, 4 Roses Single Barrel LE 2012, and Ardbeg 10

A few today to celebrate Easter.... Old Pultenay 12, a couple of Glenmorangie Signet, 4 Roses Single Barrel LE 2012, and Ardbeg 10

Dang -- I have some catching up to do.

I just poured a dram of Speyside.

Dang -- I have some catching up to do.

I just poured a dram of Speyside.

Yeah I probably overdid it a bit....but it was fun.

Glenlivet 18 years old, clearly sherry cask-aged, tasted at a friend's house, I think it was a duty-free bottle, 43% ABV.

Light smoky notes, good sherry on the taste and nose, extremely good.

Gary

I'm breaking my Lenten alcohol fast with a small pour of Powers 12. Quite good--you can definitely pick up that prickly pot still character. I'll have to delve in to it more, but I wonder if I might prefer the regular Gold Label.

I'm breaking my Lenten alcohol fast with a small pour of Powers 12. Quite good--you can definitely pick up that prickly pot still character. I'll have to delve in to it more, but I wonder if I might prefer the regular Gold Label.

The gold label is one of my favorites. It's really hard to beat.

Parker I prefer the Gold Label over the 12 as I find the Gold better balanced.

Parker I prefer the Gold Label over the 12 as I find the Gold better balanced.

Yes, I'm thinking so, too. The 12 is certainly not bad in any respect, but it's a lesson learned that for an Irish in the house I can go with the Gold Label ($28 for a 1L), or if I have the money burning a hole in my pocket, Black Bush.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!