Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

JamesW
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Received my Glenfarclas 21 today along with a 2012 Lag 12. The Lag 12 I found yesterday on a shelf is the 2011. score.

I saw a Glenfarclas 1974 for $220 yesterday too but balked because I've been spending too much as it is... but I'm thinking what my gf doesn't know can't hurt me, right?

Picked up a Compass Box Oak Cross and GKS Artist's Blend, and The Irishman Original Clan (passed up an Irishman Single Malt).

Taking some of your advice I brought a Lagavulin 16 home with me today.

I am curious to hear back of what you thought of the Lag 16.I remember my first pour after first being turned onto Islay whisky and I've been hooked ever since,a true turning point for sure.I hope it brings you the same enjoyment of this fine dram.

Taking some of your advice I brought a Lagavulin 16 home with me today.

Great, great whiskey.

In the spirit of the holidays I gave my money to a local shop for a Glenfarclas 1974.

That bottle changed my life.

Arbeg 10yr. My local store had it as a gift pack with a 50ml of Ardbeg Uigeadail. Never paid much attention to the sample but will be getting a 750 of it as its aged in sherry wine barrels, my favorite barrel choice for Scotch/Irish. The miniature will be added to my collection!

Thomas

Arbeg 10yr. My local store had it as a gift pack with a 50ml of Ardbeg Uigeadail. Never paid much attention to the sample but will be getting a 750 of it as its aged in sherry wine barrels, my favorite barrel choice for Scotch/Irish. The miniature will be added to my collection!

Thomas

Very good idea. The oogie is probably the best scotch I have tasted and is really the bottle that got me started on this whole whiskey journey. Enjoy it.

I've Been talking myself out of ordering some ancient Bunnahabhain bottlings lately, so I picked up an Ardbeg 10 and Glenfiddich 15 from the local shop tonight. Hopefully that will quell the urge for a week or two.

Oh my goodness, it never does! The number of bottles on my "one day I'll build an order and pick that up" list is outrageous. (Auchroisk 20, Glen Ord 30, Talisker 25 2007, Bunnahabhain 1968 and 1976, etc.).

Picked up The Balvenie holiday sampler (mini sized 12, 15 and 21). More of a bourbon guy, and what times i've tried scotch i managed to pick really bad examples. Sampled the 15 on ice yesterday and was impressed.

Picked up The Balvenie holiday sampler (mini sized 12, 15 and 21). More of a bourbon guy, and what times i've tried scotch i managed to pick really bad examples. Sampled the 15 on ice yesterday and was impressed.

The Bavenie Doublewood was my first love in Scotch. The fifteen year old single barrel is one of the best Scotches I've tried, I would say. Enjoy that 21 year old!

Picked up the new Bruichladdich 10 year old. Quite a different style of whisky. So far I'm enjoying it.

The Bavenie Doublewood was my first love in Scotch. The fifteen year old single barrel is one of the best Scotches I've tried, I would say. Enjoy that 21 year old!

The 21 year floored me. The issue i've had in the past is the peat aspect of scotch. Can't get past it to enjoy other flavours. Just buttery smooth on the 21 year old. Not sure i could justify what it retails for around here, but if i ever get chance to sample, i'm there!

The 21 year floored me. The issue i've had in the past is the peat aspect of scotch. Can't get past it to enjoy other flavours. Just buttery smooth on the 21 year old. Not sure i could justify what it retails for around here, but if i ever get chance to sample, i'm there!

There are a lot of Scotches that aren't peated at all. Don't give up on it because of that one aspect. There are quite a few very good un-peated ones out there.

I didn't enjoy peated whisky until I tried Talisker 10 year old. It really opened the door for me. It remains one of my all-time favourite drinks.

I didn't enjoy peated whisky until I tried Talisker 10 year old. It really opened the door for me. It remains one of my all-time favourite drinks.

Yep. Talisker 10 is a definite favorite of mine.

4R Barrel Selection OESK and 4R Barrel Selection OBSK ... one for me and one for a gift. Left a KC Barrel Selection but got a taste and will be back for that one. Loading up on bourbon and running low on cash. Funny how that happens on this day! Merry Christmas all.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!