What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2008

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We are 9 days into summer so I thought I'd kick off this new thread.

I picked up some Evan Williams with the 7 year old age statement, 2 750ml and 2 375ml today and a pre Heaven Hill fire Evan Williams Single barrel.

I also got a current Evan Williams to do a side-by-side taste.

And since I was out I got the always reliable Wild Turkey 101.

I bought FR 120th....Called around and Liquor Barn, Party Mart, Party Outlet, Old Town and Liquor World are all out and don't expect more. Found it while looking for another bourbon in a small neighborhood store in Frankfort Ave/Brownsboro Road area.

Bottle & barrel numbers are posted in the 4 Roses thread.

-Joe

Picked up a very dusty bottle of Very Special Old Fitz. I swear this has a very similar profile to the PVW15 and 20... just a little more alcohol rasp, not as smooth as they are.

Came back from lunch today to find a package in my office :grin::bigeyes: ! Needless to say I was excited so I opened it up and...yeah baby 2 Old Weller Antique 107 Liters! Did I mention these were Gold Vein bottles!

Thank you again to the SB.com member for helpin a brother out!

Cheers!

Tony

P.S. Oscar? Let me know when you coming I'll have it open poured and ready for your arrival! :lol:

Today a Louisville Weller Centennial followed me home.

Is your wife going to let you keep it?

Is your wife going to let you keep it?
She didn't notice, and I didn't push the matter. ;)

Nice grab Gus! I'm drinking some Centennial right now! 13 yr old Julio's bottle! That Louisville should give this one a run for the money! I've had several, all good one of them bought killed me! Could not keep away from it and it lasted less than a week!:frown:

Tony

To fulfill requests from home, I picked up a Stagg and a Sazerac 18 today. I think I'm keeping the store in business this week.

picked up a new bottle of knobs creek this afternoon. its quickly becominig my favorite bourben.

Well, I walked into the store to buy a $12.99 bottle of Rittenhouse Rye BIB 100. Instead they had it for $17.99. So I walked out with a $16.00 bottle of WT Rye and a $74.99 bottle of GTS 144.8 proof. Last December that was $54.99. These prices are jumping up faster than gas! Ya I know I sound like a whiner but 33%(roughly right) price increases is kinda crazy. Perhaps this is just an adjustment of my reality?? also I am very happy with the stag and the turk.

Saz Jr. The other one is looking a bit sparse at the moment.

Manhattans in my future. Any suggestions on a "summer" version?

I bought two bottles of Virginia Gentleman 90 today; if I like this bourbon (I have no doubt that I will!) I will go back and buy a couple more tomorrow for the long Fourth of July weekend.

A new bottle of Russell's Reserve is waiting for me on the counter.

Well, my first foray into hunting dusties and stuff that I can't get at home produced this:

A 375 of Old Forester Bonded distilled DSP KY354/bottled DSP KY414

A 750 of Old Charter 10 with an 88076 UPC

A 750 of Eagle Rare 10/101 with the black label, bottled by Old Prentice in New Orleans

Sadly, I had to pass on a Wild Turkey 12 in a tube as my vacation bourbon budget has disappeared. I didn't have the 57 bucks to drop on it. :frown:

Well, my first foray into hunting dusties and stuff that I can't get at home produced this:

A 375 of Old Forester Bonded distilled DSP KY354/bottled DSP KY414

A 750 of Old Charter 10 with an 88076 UPC

A 750 of Eagle Rare 10/101 with the black label, bottled by Old Prentice in New Orleans

Sadly, I had to pass on a Wild Turkey 12 in a tube as my vacation bourbon budget has disappeared. I didn't have the 57 bucks to drop on it. :frown:

Ohmygosh! Did that tube contain the cheesy gold foil? If it did, run back and get it, and trade or sell with me!!!:D

JOE

Today I received a bottle of the FR120th, thanks to a nice SB member who sent it my way!

Also, in my hunting that I like to do while I'm out and about, I found a Louisville VSOF 12yo BHC, woohoo! I've never had one of these, I've had a Frankfork but never a Louisville bottling of this.

Today I received a bottle of the FR120th, thanks to a nice SB member who sent it my way!

Also, in my hunting that I like to do while I'm out and about, I found a Louisville VSOF 12yo BHC, woohoo! I've never had one of these, I've had a Frankfork but never a Louisville bottling of this.

Um...you sure on that one G? VSOF has never left Louisville, to my knowledge.

But congrats just the same! That is a wonderful bourbon. Very Special is an apt title.

Um...you sure on that one G? VSOF has never left Louisville, to my knowledge.
I'm just about absolutely certain. Later tonight I'll check on one that I still have bunkered and if it's from Frankfort I'll post a picture.

BT has never owned Fitzgerald. HH bought it from Diageo at the same time BT picked up Weller. I am really interested in seeing your picture....that would be a nice twist in the Bourbon Time Continuem.

....looking forward.....:duel:

I'm starting to think I must be confused between VSOF and Weller Centennial, but I'll still check anyway.

I picked up a grab bag of 6 different 200ml bottles in preparation for my next VBT notes. I plan to actually blind taste one of these (reach into bag of bottles blindfolded, pour, and put bottle back into bag...then taste as normal...look to see which one is open later) to do my tasting notes. I must say you can get a pretty damn good selection of 200mls here in KY...

Which ever one of us is wrong has to drink some VSOF and send a cheers to the other one. Deal?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!