What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2008

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A bottle of BT (Everett's bottling), a bottle of Weller Antique 107, a bottle of Old Fitz 100 proof BIB, and two bottles of Rebel Yell. Please don't ask about the Rebel Yell.:rolleyes: Joe

I came across and bought an EWSB 1994 today at a grocery store near my workplace. Yes, it was actually dusty. The highlight of my day!

Went looking for BOTM-American Spirit, no luck!

Decided to stock up on bang for the buck bottlings instead.

Weller Antique 107, Elijah Craig 12, and Russel's Reserve Rye.

The liquor store had a newly arrived shipment of original recipe Schlitz beer, and it was selling fast, so I grabbed 2 6 packs of bottles.

I read an article in The Milwaukee Journal a couple of weeks ago about how Schlitz went from the #1 brewer in the u.s. to closing their doors

in a matter of 5 years. Article stated this was primarily due to a change in the original recipe to get stock on shelves faster, to keep up with the #2 brewer, Anheiser Busch.

Have the Schlitz chiling now, hopefully it will taste like "The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous"

Got bottles yesterday. For the behalf of Borlänge bourbon boys I got Evan Williams 15 Y and OGDBIB from the seventies. For myself I got Old Hickory 8 Y and Seagram’s Benchmark 6 Y both from the seventies. The later say distilled and bottled in Louisville. I wonder witch distillery that could be?

Leif

I came across and bought an EWSB 1994 today at a grocery store near my workplace. Yes, it was actually dusty. The highlight of my day!

You lucky dog! The 1994 is my favorite of that series. Great find.

:toast:

JOE

I took a road trip to check out liquor stores in Frankfort, KY...while there I stopped at Buffalo Trace Distillery gift shop to pick up an Old Rip Van Winkle distillers glass. While there I asked about George T Stagg and the people at the counter said that someone had left them a note about 2 bottles still available at the Beaumont Liquor Barn off Harrodsburg Rd in Lexington. They called the Liquor Barn to confirm and sure enough, they still had 2 bottles...so I drove another 30 miles through the beautiful horse country along Versailles Rd to Lexington and picked up a bottle (144.8 proof) for $60.99.

As far as I know, there's still one bottle of GTS left at Liquor Barn, Beaumont Ctr.

-Joe

Did you take the scenic route by Old Crow, Old Taylor, and Woodford Reserve?

I know I was close to Woodford, but didn't stop... I didn't even do the tour at BT, as I'm probably going to do that in August...

I did go past the Castle and Keeneland on my way to Liquor Barn, though.

-Joe

Hidden

After cleaning/sanitizing, drying, and filling Grolsch (at worst my second favorite beer) swing top bottles (mostly anyway, we also used a Grolsch swing top magnum bottle, a growler, a few 12oz Heineken bottles, and 1 12oz metal Heineken bottle (to see if it would taste any different from the glass bottles after priming) and that was just for my half of the brew!) with the brew my friend and I made I could think of nothing better to wash down the clams (littleneck and steamer, steamed) with since ours is not ready to drink. I'm sure it won't taste the same but I hope our beer is as enjoyable as this stuff is!

I had a WT Tribute turn up in the mail today, can't complain about that!

I also got given a box of Riedel Bourbon glasses! Must be my lucky day!

Scott

Finally ran across some Old Forester 100 today. Been looking for it for a while, just wish they had more than one bottle.

Also saw an OF Birthday Bourbon 2005 Edition, a bottle of Woodford Reserve Four Grain, but left those for another time.

I hit my one year mark over here in Iraq this week; with less than 90 days from redeployment I decided it was time to start stocking the house for my return. This is what I will have waiting for me when I fly home in October:

FOUR ROSES 120TH ANNIVERSARY BARREL STRENGTH BOURBON WHISKEY (2 BOTTLES)

HIRSCH RESERVE 16YR BOURBON WHISKEY

OLD GRAND DAD 100 PROOF BONDED

OLD FORESTER SIGNATURE 100 PROOF

EAGLE RARE 10YR SINGLE BARREL

ELIJAH CRAIG 12YR BOURBON WHISKEY

EVAN WILLIAMS SINGLE BARREL

EVAN WILLIAMS 1783 BOURBON

Sounds like a plan Jason. Nice choices. How many days now till homecoming?Joe

Great choices, Jason. The 120th is certainly a pour to savor.

Today, I added WT Rye, Rittenhouse BIB and a bottle of Clear Creek Kirschwasser to the the collection. I need to empty some others before I open them, though. Sheez.

Sounds like a plan Jason. Nice choices. How many days now till homecoming?Joe

86 days left out of a 455 day deployment. It looks like I will have at least two years before I have to come back for a third tour, however with everything in the military it depends on the needs of the Army.

I am looking forward to spending time with the wife and have a drink or two out of the new stash.

Good day today. Went hunting and came home with the following:

Old Forester Signature

Elijah Craig 12

Very Special Old Fitzgerald

and a bottle of Weller Centennial - for a friend's birthday present.

Saw my first actual dusty bottle today. It was EWSB 93 edition. I passed, but made a note of the store in case I got the urge one day.

My wife asked me to stop and get a bottle of Tanqueray Rampur gin "and nothing else". Found an orphan bottle of WTAS on the shelf. I explained that it was BOTM and I had to get it. (for the bunker)

Thanks to Cameron for the excuse.

After many months of no purchases, I was able to pick up a couple bottles of VOB BIB for ~$12 each.

I love SB.com.

Today I recieved, with the help of a fellow SB.com memeber a package full of goodies. Christmas in July!!

1 Wild Turkey Gold Foil

1 Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit 2001 pewter top

1 Old Charter Proprietor's Reserve Louisville

4 WLWeller Centennial

3 Eagle Rare 101 New Orleans 1 liters

And a bottle of Copper Fox Virginia Whisky, this one is aged in applewood chips.

I have the Kopper Kettle from the same folks, look forward to trying it.

Proving once again that it is not what you know but who you know.

Right, ThomasH?

My last day of shopping for a while provided me with a bottle of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon - 2007 edition.

Made out again. Got a couple of liter bottles of Woodford Reserve from my sons friend. Woodford just doesn't sell in the bar he manages, so he let me have both bottles for $30. Need to find some more deals like this.:grin: Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!