Which Bottle Have You Laid To Rest?

JamesW
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just finished off a bottle of Glenmorangie 10 that I've had around for quite some time. It's still a mighty fine dram at an excellent price.

Ever had the Nectar D'Or? Pretty good, IMHO. And I'm not even a fan of the Highland single malts.

Yes, I actually enjoy most of the Glenmorangie line, but for the value (at least in OH), it's tough to beat the 10.

• 4 weeks later...

Over the past few weeks I've killed a Laphroaig QC, Aberlour 10, Jameson 12, & Amrut Fusion. All will be replaced.

Tonight I say goodbye to my bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail. It was a tasty yet expensive bottle that lasted a few good weeks. Ardbeg is quickly becoming my favorite scotch AFTER Laphroaig. Laphroaig holds a special place in my heart. Kind of like that first love.

Auchentoshan 16 bit the dust last night. Looks like the bottle of Sheep Dip will be extinct tomorrow morning, as I continue to knock off odds and ends of near-empty bottles to make room for new ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Forty Creek Double Barrel Reserve. Quite a interesting bottle. It's certainly not like most of its canadian brethren, nor like most bourbons either.

Easy to drink, and quite tasty, and very corn forward to me. A recommended buy if you are looking for something different from north of the border.

B

Forty Creek Double Barrel Reserve. Quite a interesting bottle. It's certainly not like most of its canadian brethren, nor like most bourbons either.

Easy to drink, and quite tasty, and very corn forward to me. A recommended buy if you are looking for something different from north of the border.

B

Have you had the Forty Creek Select? I am curious to see how the two match up. They don't sell the double barrel reserve in Michigan.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Have you had the Forty Creek Select? I am curious to see how the two match up. They don't sell the double barrel reserve in Michigan.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

No, this was my first foray into Forty Creek. I've been tempted to get the standard, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

The Double is certainly something that I haven't seen in many places, I think i have spied it in only like 4 stores, and that was spread over three states.

B

JTS Brown BIB hit the deck last night. That stuff is quite nice and a fine value for $20.

JTS Brown BIB hit the deck last night. That stuff is quite nice and a fine value for $20.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the last bit of my Ardbeg Uigeadail, what a great pour. Following it up with some JW Gold I got as a gift over a year ago. Last quarter of the bottle so I'm going to work on kicking this one in the next couple days. It's very drinkable, almost to a fault. Super smooth and oily, raisins on the nose but the taste is a bit fresher, like pear.

What part of Scotland is this from? Highlands? Islay?

(Bob - just being a smart-ass!:cool: )

Tim

I killed an Octomore Orpheus last weekend. It had been open in my cabinet for well over a year and I had grown anxious to finally finish it. It's discombobulating to have a bottle where you can't see the fill line...

Anyway, now that it's gone, I miss it. Heavy, fresh peat (seriously kind of reminds me of wet-hopped IPA) finished in wine casks that brought out honey-pineapple gummies. Quite distinct, and a very different quality of peat than what you get in Ardbeg or Laphroaig. Holds its proof of 122 very well, though don't skip the drop or two of water, as it quite enhances it.

• 2 weeks later...

Saying goodbye to another bottle of Laphroaig 10yr, my most favorite scotch whisky. Time to pony up the cash and get another bottle!

• 2 months later...

Balvenie Caribbean Cask met its demise late last night,while a good pour it will be replaced with another barrel finished malt.

• 1 month later...

Wisers Legacy ran dry last night. Fortunately, another was obtained just the day before in anticipation of said event. A great Canadian product for sure.

B

• 2 weeks later...

Of all those in the "Great Whisky Graveyard in the Skye (and Islay)", I'd have to say I rue the demise of the 38 yr-old Talisker and the 30 yr-old Black Bowmore the most. :drinking:

About to say goodbye to a bottle of Glenlivet Nadurra 1991 "Triumph". Tasty stuff but, ultimately, not worth the nearly $90 I paid for it. The 16-year Nadurra is better and cheaper, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

I floated empty bottles of Macallan 12 Year and Lagavulin 16 Year last evening. Both have been expectedly wonderful, but at least they're not rare single cask bottles, and easily replaceable when the mood strikes.

Just killed the last of a bottle of Talisker 10. I don't think the few pours left in the bottle of Caol Ila 12 will make it past the evening. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

The last 2 down have been JWB and Ardmore Traditional Cask. Both are on my "economical favorites" list and have already been replaced. Now my job (tough work) is to thin the herd of a few that are fine whiskys, but will not be replaced - or replaced by others that I like more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.