What are you Drinking Fall '08

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Even though it is and endless summer here in SoCal, I was reminded that the calender states officially that we have reached the Fall.

Paapy 20 for the Wife's birthday, Tattinger's very well chilled for her.

MNF for me, Dancing With the Stars for her.

Last night I was lazy and had some premixed Wild Turkey and Cola bottles.

I haven't had these for a while, as I very rarely drink bourbon and coke these days, I just don't enjoy it.

I still have a spot for these, and if any Australians out there like them go and get some now.

They have just gone from 8% to 6.9% so you should still be able to find some of the 8% ones out there.

Scott

Some ER 101 (thanks Mike, aka scratchline) while unpacking from my trip to the KBF. Joe

Just got back tonight from a long summer of traveling. Fortunately, some of that travel included a very short trip to KY, and I returned home with some FR1B, FRSB, FR Orange Label and Weller Antique 107. Had a small pour of FR1B earlier (my fave) and am now capping off the evening with a snort of the Weller. Raising a glass to you all.

Cheers!

Tonight I have gone one over my limit -- for the entire month. First came a glass of Rare Breed, during which I contemplated the contribution to society of one Mr. Russell.

I finished with a scant pour of Elijah Craig 18 y/o. Whereas I can think of only one name in connection with WT, several come to mind at Heaven Hill. Max Shapira. Parker Beam. Craig Beam. However, the most notable to me personally is Bettye Jo Boone, whom I've never met even though I feel as though I have.

Before I found this site, bourbon was just another liquor. Now it's a connection to a tradition and a way of life. (Dang! It used to take four or five drinks to get me in a sentimental mood.)

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Last night I polished off a bottle of Weller Special Reserve. Good stuff...hell, all the Weller stuff is good stuff.

Last night was a Turkey night. Russell's Reserve 10YO 90 and WT Rye 101. Paired those with a great book I'm reading (A Dirty Job) and my dog Miles the border collie and it was a good night.

even though this is all new to me, I enjoyed the VWFR 12 Lot B so much, that I had to grab that last bottle of PVW 20 @ $87. Tonight I will pop it open.

can't wait.

In honor of my evil twin finally getting a supply of his personal holy grail of bourbons, I'm enjoying some Eagle Rare 10/101.

All of the talk of the WT 12 gold foil in another thread has me leaning that way for the next trip to the cabinet.

Read the "Musty BT" thread last night and decided to pickup another bottle and give it a try tonight. Not a bad idea, it went down smooth and has me thinking my first impression was based on bad data!

my bad !!!! I thought I was finishing up !!!

I've added a ...

4 roses 40th

er 101

and a fat 2005 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon !!!!

That should be all tonight !!!:lol:

Back on the juice after a couple of weeks off... last night I treated myself to a pour each of Maker's Mark 101 proof gold wax followed by OFBB Spring 1990/2003, each with one small cube to cut and cool.

a few pours of WT Rare Breed last night. I forget I have this bottle for a while and come back to it, always amazed at how good it really is. Almost opened one of my two remaining 07 Staggs, but think I'll hold off a while longer.

Trying to finish off a bottle of Basil Hayden. I have had problems killing this bottle but I am pressing forward.

Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 90 proof.

This brand has taken some hits that I don't think are quite fair.

But I must say that Wild Turkey or Austin Nichols or Pernod-Richard or who ever is running the old Ripy (Ripey?) Brothers distillery these days screwed up by having the original WTRR at 101 and very shortly switched to 90 proof.

This turned a lot of people off. Me included.

So I raided my bunker today for a taste, and another one,... OK, so it is 90 proof.

Drink it neat, I am this very minute and it is some good Turkey, heck man it is 10 yo Turkey!

I like it.

I'm starting early today (at work)...One of our managers got a red, white and blue (including red, white and blue wax) Rock The Vote Maker's Mark ...and we had a pour this afternoon. I haven't had MM since I became a member of sb.com, and it tasted great...it was like visiting an old friend.

-Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!