What are you Drinking Fall '08

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

BIB time tonight. First, Old Heaven Hill. Now I'm working on some J.T.S. Brown. Joe

Two big pours of Ridgemont Reserve 1792. I find the heavy malt flavor comforting on this cool evening with rain looming.

:toast:

Last night was Four Roses Single Barrel. As I work my way into this bottle I am reminded that is a step above and unique. After reading about it for as long as I did I was concerned that it would not live up to the hype.

Concerned no more.

Tonight it's EC18 and Weller Antique 107...I'm hoping to break out the PVW23 tomorrow night to celebrate a Phils NLDS win.

-Joe

From a fresh keg of Sam Adams Lager.

Sam was a Brewer and a Patriot.

Things could be worse.

A big fat pour of Pappy 15 to celebrate the weekend. Later I'm cracking open a Julio's bottling of the same to enjoy a taste for the first time. :grin:

2007 Cuvee van de Keizer, a formidable 11% ABV version of Gouden Carolus (well-known Belgian ale). A raisiny, winy dram of beer that is at the height of the strong beer league. While in general I eschew strong beers, one of this quality is an exception.

Gary

Played around with a few things earlier. But, just had a pour of McScrooge's bottling of Pappy 15. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it is probably the finest bourbon I have ever had. I tip my hat towards Knoxville, Tennessee. :bowdown:

Heading to the bar staring at open bottles.

I am going to stick with beer. Watching Angels v Red Sox and it looks like I am in for a long night.

I'm packing up for an all day bachelor party tomorrow. Since we're all in our 40's now and this is the grooms first (and hopefully only) trip down the aisle, we're doing golf in the morning, beers while watching college football, dinner and then cigars, poker and drinks in the evening.

I was asked to bring some whiskey, so I'm taking along BT, Lot B, Weller 12, WTKS, Templeton Rye and FRSB.

It should be a hoot.

Played around with a few things earlier. But, just had a pour of McScrooge's bottling of Pappy 15. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it is probably the finest bourbon I have ever had. I tip my hat towards Knoxville, Tennessee. :bowdown:

I agree entirely. I just had my first taste of Julio's bottling of Pappy 15 tonight and I am stunned. Every time I drink the 15 I am amazed... and believe me I have some pretty good bourbons in my bar!

And looking at some of the posts I made then I was wondering if Mr. Butler could hook up a breathalizer to this site so that people like me can't post when they have been over-served.

Oh, but those are the most entertaining posts!

As for me, I had some Weller 12 last night, and I liked it. And since the five dusty bottles I found a couple of months ago were at a closeout price of $22.80 each, I don't consider them overpriced either.

I had some '05 Stagg , 21 yo Glenfarclass, and some Glenfiddich 12, 15, 18, 21 andn 30. Kind of a ridiculous evening.

Had a fellow bourbon drinking dot com'er over last night so we went for a "he has not tasted it yet" tasting last night. Mist pours were in the 1/2 ounce range and we started around noon with moderation until Midnight

* WT#8

* WT 8 year

* Unnamed (newly opened)

* Four Roses American whiskey blend 1977 (newly opened)

* Old fitz BIB 1992

* Cabin still 1975

* EW23yr

Stopped to run into town for a trip buy my local bourbon shops (BevMo, Park Place, Rum Runner) then:

* Willett 27 (newly opened)

* Willett 25 (newly opened)

* Willett 7 (newly opened)

* Willett 6 (newly opened)

I then fixed Parker Heritage Bourbon Steaks and mashed taters...

We then had an online toast with the newly opened PVW from the BD/BE bourbon Crusade with about 8-10 of us - what a blast, I had three laptops going here...

* PVW 15 BD

* Diverged from bourbon for a moment so Joe could compare the Pyrate rums - vertical of (ranking)

** Pyratt 1623 (1)

** Pyratt Pistol (2)

** Pyratt XO (3)

Back to bourbon:

* American Cowboy 20 year

* MM101

* Stagg Vertical (my rank, Joe's rank)ah

** Stagg 02 (3, 4)

** Stagg 03 (1, 1)

** Stagg 04 (5, 5)

** Stagg 05 Spring KY (2, 3)

** Stagg 05 Spring non KY (4, 2)

** Stagg 05 Fall (6, 6)

** Stagg 06 (8, 8)

** Stagg 07 (7, 7)

- After the Stagg Vertical, some of each were combined for a Stagg vatting... quite nice...

Tool a break to have a half dozen White Castle burgers then on to a WLW vertical (rank)ah

* WLW 05 (1)

* WLW 06 (3)

* WLW 07 (2)

On to:

* God's Homemade Bourbon

* Vintage 23

* Old Forester B-Day 2007

And ended the night with

* Sam Adams Utopias, BT cask aged

It was a blast. Did not get hammered, but definitely want to follow up with another Stagg vertical to compare and to do a more thorough comparison. Not a lot of science behind this one other than "the one that tasted the best"

* Willett 25 (newly opened)

I did not taste it but I nosed a sample of it at Binny's South Loop store today.

WOW!

Emerald. Wow! :bigeyes:

Even at a half ounce each, I think I would have toped out at around seven or eight PM. And I would need the next day to recover.

After reading Emerald's post, I hope I'm not putting us one over the limit for the website... Tonight the Phils are playing from behind and I'm enjoying JTS Brown.

-Joe

Way to put 'em down E !!!!

Tonight I started with VVOF '61, then WTAS, and Rare Breed '99 :cool:

Tonight I started with Weller SR and now a large glass of PVW 15 to finish the bottle out.

I moved on to the Willett 6 yr and a 4 roses 40th.

I am always in awe of the 40th every time i hit it !!!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!