What are you Drinking Fall '08

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

had a friend coem in from Sac tonight bringing OscarV's Willett 25 yr so we had for thos ocation:

Willett 25 yr

PVW 15 yr (Bourbon Crusade)

WT Old #8 1992

ER101

MM101

WL Weller Centennial Julio's

Not a bad tasting (1/2-1 oz pours)

Glenmorangie Sherry Wood. A bit drunk, but not too bad. I have two unopened bottles of Four Roses (1 SB 1 SB.... Hmm.... Guess you can't abbreviate small batch or single barrel). Promised myself I wouldn't open them until I finished off every open bottle. Still got a ways to go.

In Vegas for a few days. The bar at our hotel had a nice jazz group playing last night. Started with Makers then switched to Bookers. Great night, bourbon and jazz. Joe

That sound like a fun evening I'll pass on the makers mark but take on the Booker's and the jazz sounds delightful!

Cruzan Estate Diamond Rum 5yo...'tis okay, a bit youngish for my preferences in rum, but otherwise a fine bottlings.

From a QPR perspective, an excellent rum (OR price is $16.95).

Lots of Rock Hill Farms and Pappy 15. I need something to ease the pain of another KO by the Red Sox. Angels in 2009? There's always next year.

Jim

A hefty pour of 2007 Sazerac 18 while reading the autumn Malt Advocate cover to cover.

Glenfiddich 15 before dinner.

Foret saison with pasta carbonara.

Weller 12 (older bottling: Cracker Jack) after dinner.

Regards,

Painted up some more tombstones (Wolfman and Creature from the Black Lagoon) for the Halloween Graveyard tonight with my daughter. While I enjoyed VOB BIB, she got covered in paint. Wonderful. Well, the cleanup wasn't so wonderful.

Had a pour of Rock Hill Farms tonight. Then, for contrast, I had a nip from a bottle of tax-stamped Old Grandad (86 proof) I've been nursing for quite awhile.

WT#8 1992, WTRR101, Julio's Weller, ORVW 10/107... ALmost a JamesW-esk night

...and doesn't it feel right? :grin:

Tonight I had a couple Coronas before hitting the Pappy 15 and then Lot B to sweeten the deal.

Started with some Sam Adams, moved to WT Rare Breed. I so enjoy the heat from this expression. Just right at this proof.

Enjoying a pour of ETL while watching the Phils' Utley and Burrell knock Lowe out of the game.

-Joe

After a 15 hour day at work, I'm winding down with some VOB BiB.

Started out with some Colonel Lee Bib...excellent stuff!

Next, was some SW OW 7/107. No need to mention how unbelievable this pour is....

Finishing my evening off with a dusty hunting wounded bird....a bottle of Mattingly and Moore Blended 51% bourbon from Kentucy. I am starting to think HH sourced the bourbon for this blend. It has profile similar to some other prefire HH that I have. I somehow missed the blended statement on the label when I found it. It was $8.69 a liter and claimed Lawrenceburg Indiana as its bottling facility with a bottle date of 1992.

Old Overholt 86 proof distilled in Pennsylvania. Big disappointment, very thin in general At least from my memory the Old Granddad version was much better. I did also have WT rye and ORVW15. I did drink some good beers as well including Hercules double IPA.

Leif

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!