What are you Drinking Fall '08

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I will accept that you were not hammered.

How did you feel?

Not bad.... no ill effect. I had a ton of water... I was really tired at midnight though...

I figured I had no more than 12-13 oz... half a bottle over 12 hrs... not to bad...

On my third and final pour for the evening, a FRsmB. Just lovely stuff.

Might try to sneak in a small pour of FR1B before I turn in, though, it is one of those restless nights.

Politics and life in general being what they are these days, it's nice having the comfort of a satisfying pour and the (virtual) companionship of all here on the forum. I value it greatly and raise a glass to you all.

Cheers!

I stumbled onto a good combination today.

I started with a couple of pours of Four Roses 120th, neat.

Now I am having an Evan Williams Black Label 7 year old on cracked ice.

Sweet fruit rye followed by high spice rye, nice.

I stumbled onto a good combination today.

I started with a couple of pours of Four Roses 120th, neat.

Now I am having an Evan Williams Black Label 7 year old on cracked ice.

Sweet fruit rye followed by high spice rye, nice.

Topping it off with a Wild Turkey Rare Breed, neat.

This combo keeps getting better.

Started the night with Woodford Reserve. What a dud. Nice bottle but tastes like crap. Gonna dump it out and have some BTAC Handy '07 to get the taste out of my mouth!

At SBOmarc's suggestion, I started out the evening with FRSB to celebrate the Phils NLDS win, and have continued on to CL.

Marc, I hope you get to see the Phils in Dodger Stadium for the NLCS...

Go Phils!

-Joe

Started the night with Woodford Reserve. What a dud. Nice bottle but tastes like crap. Gonna dump it out and have some BTAC Handy '07 to get the taste out of my mouth!

Ditto, Dude !!!

I cracked open my Willett 27. Oakey and spicey !!!!:smiley_acbt:

Moved on to:

Rare Breed 1999

WTAS

Ditto, Dude !!!

I cracked open my Willett 27. Oakey and spicey !!!!:smiley_acbt:

Moved on to:

Rare Breed 1999

WTAS

Did I mention mine is like Vanilla, Cherrys and just the right oak. Almost like a glass of heaven :D

Not quite that good, but it is very good. Your 50 ml of mine is in the box with 50 ml of Willett 25, Old Cowboy 20yr, God's 12 yr, WT 1855, WTRD W-T-02-91, 1977 FR American Blended Whiskey 80 proof.

You will have to let me know what you think... and I am having a WT night for Master Veache's class...

Me too, I'm sucking down Old #8 like there is no tomorrow. !!!!

I knew I sent you the wrong bottle !!!:hot:

j/k !!!!:cool:

Day in and day out I sing your praises !!!!:bowdown:

I just had some OCPR frankfort and louisville. The Louisville is hands down the better bourbon.

I have a bead on a couple more "slope shoulders". You want one Spun????:grin:

Had some ORVW 10/107 and now Julio's Weller to finish up. Way to knock-em back Bird and Spun!

Just did another OCPR comp.

The Louisville OCPR is far superior to the Frankfort.

Is the OCPR slope shoulder a UD product ????

I'm trying to keep up. Just killed my ORVW 10/107, opened a new Pappy 15 and poured what could be the last of the evening.

Working on emptying an EC18 (barrelled 12-17-81 -- I'm told I won't like its replacement!)

Working on emptying an EC18 (barrelled 12-17-81 -- I'm told I won't like its replacement!)

You will not. The 89 has the Nose and Taste of Ass, but the finish is like formaldehyde :D

I am now onto a flight of Eagle rare for the class work... school is so much fun!:

• ER 10 yr 101
  • ER 10 yr 90 proof "Angel Share" from the Bourbon Crusade
  • ER 17yr 2006

You will not. The 89 has the Nose and Taste of Ass, but the finish is like formaldehyde :D

I am now onto a flight of Eagle rare for the class work... school is so much fun!:

• ER 10 yr 101
  • ER 10 yr 90 proof "Angel Share" from the Bourbon Crusade
  • ER 17yr 2006

I have to wholeheartedly agree with Emerald. I took my EC18 and vatted it with a couple of other crappy bottles just to save space on the bar. Now I moved that bottle to the basement. Let's just say there is no love for that juice.

Great day/night yesterday.. even though the Sox didn't pull it off.

Started the day watching the Giants.. had my brother over (Scotch drinker) and gave him a nice intro to Bourbon.

Pours:

ORVW 10/107

PVW 20 (finally popped this one open after staring at it for 2 weeks)

EWSB 98

Lot B

watched the three sheets (Kentucky) bourbon episode and then Modern Marvels Distillery in between the Giants and Sox.. topped it off with some sausage peppers and onions from the wife. Great day/night. :icon_pidu:

In Vegas for a few days. The bar at our hotel had a nice jazz group playing last night. Started with Makers then switched to Bookers. Great night, bourbon and jazz. Joe

Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale and two fingers of Wild Turkey Gold Foil

despite that I thought the ale would be too overriding, it's actually a fantastic combination, the bitterness of the oak ale followed by the sweet WT is really good.

Cruzan Estate Diamond Rum 5yo...'tis okay, a bit youngish for my preferences in rum, but otherwise a fine bottlings.

Started the night with a pour of W.L. Weller SR L'Ville Bottle very nice stuff almost soft if you will.

Next pour was this RVW Hand Made Bourbon L'burg 12 yr old sent to me from Japan. Very nice stuff, I may need another one of these.

Cheers!

Tony

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!