What are you Drinking Fall '08

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yeah Joe, if my boss and/or co-workers came up to me with a bottle of Maker's I to would have thought that I was in Heaven.

But I do remember Maker's nose back in the late '80's, that is what sold me on bourbon, it was very pronounced even on ice, and intoxicating, no pun intended.

ok, i've planned out what i'm drinking while I watch the debate....a Pappy 15 followed by a 07 Sazerac. I wish I had a Wild Turkey open as that might be more apropos.

Tonight I'm enjoying my first pour of '07 Handy, courtesy of luv2humt.

I'm having it neat tonight....I can tell this will be a good one to have around on those cool Fall and cold Winter nights...similar to it's partner on the shelf '07 GTS.

-Joe

What am I drinking? Beer.

Because I cannot bear to open the lovely bottle of Russell's Reserve my buddy brought me from the US two-weeks ago. Top shelf bourbon is painfully hard to find here and you don't crack a premium bottle lightly.

What am I drinking? Beer.

Because I cannot bear to open the lovely bottle of Russell's Reserve my buddy brought me from the US two-weeks ago. Top shelf bourbon is painfully hard to find here and you don't crack a premium bottle lightly.

Drink it. Drink it all.

You will be rewarded if you do.

Drink it. Drink it all.

You will be rewarded if you do.

Rewarded? With what?

All you offer is the promise of a great tasting bourbon touching my palette like the nectar of Gods, imparting warmth and deliciousness, an introspective journey into the depths of my soul as perfectly aged whiskey caresses my insides, giving light where there was lightlessness, fullness where there was naught but emptyness, and a kicker of a buzz to boot. Is that all you're offering?

Mind you, on second thought that sounds pretty good...

Earler, a few bastardized Manhattans and then a proper one (after I politely corrected the bartender!); and now some OFBB ('06).

Henry McKenna. Just a splash in honor of Paul Newman and his role in the movie, "The Hustler", in which his character drank J.T.S. Brown.

I have no J.T.S. Brown, but I figure the Henry McKenna may be close. The H.M. has more depth than I recall in the recent version of Evan Williams. I continue to wonder how much attention the distillers pay to flavor profiles for low-priced bottlings.

"America's Finest Table Whiskey" is inscribed on this bottle. I've previously seen the word "table" used in connection with wine, but not bourbon.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 90, neat.

Yep I like it, but after Rare Breed it does seem light.

And if I were to critique it further I would say that the finished is honeyed, (which I like) but a bit to short.

I just finished supervising my 10-year old mowing part of the lawn with the tractor. My wife has a pot roast with potatoes, carrots and onions ready for dinner. And I am relaxing with a healthy pour of Wild Turkey 101 on the rocks. :yum:

Tim

I wasn't too thirsty tonight after a gambol of two and half hours on my bike around some of Toronto's neighborhoods. I tried to find the buried 1914-era bridge at Crawford & Dundas Streets - you can see deformation in the north end of Trinity Bellwoods park denoting that something odd happened, but I couldn't see where exactly the bridge had been. The ravine it crossed was partly filled in with subway excavation debris in the 1950's.

I had a bit of porter and some mixed bourbons. Maybe a tad of Hirsch 22 rye later.

Gary

Baby Saz, neat in a tumbler/double old fashioned glass. One that came with a bottle of WT RB I bought last Christmas. My thoughts are turning to what kind of glassware will be put in the holiday packaging this year.

OGD in an old-fashioned.

Deschutes Black Butte Porter.

Henry McKenna BIB (I'm compelled to drink this almost daily lately: a marvelous pour).

A nice Sunday afternoon.

Regards,

Henry McKenna BIB (I'm compelled to drink this almost daily lately: a marvelous pour).

Yes, it is. I now wish I'd had that instead of the WT. I did look at it, but passed because when its all gone, its all gone.

Tim

Here here Todd. I'm starting off my night with a pour of J.T.S. Brown in memory of Officer Fairbanks. Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!