What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter '08/'09

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Been enjoying WT rye all night, but didn't care for the h2o vatting and had to stiffen it back up after a taste. Sorry polyamnesia.

A full night with Straightboston and a soon to be new to the board Bostonian... Weller Centennial, RHFs, Old Taylor 1968ish and 8 yr old HH BIB from Washington state... nothing better than sharing some bourbon with fellow SB.comers...

.... and thank you scott for catchin my slight :D typos

Rowan's Creek after trading some samples with my manager.

Still suffering from cold.....going on 10 days now.....been taking it easy. Last 2 nights, Hot Toddys w/ERSB10.....really good. Any medicinal benefit, not sure about that part - but it does make one forget the symptoms and get some needed sleep!

last night I enjoyed what I though would be the last of my 07 GTS - neat. Still a bit left though.

That char floating around gave it a different taste.

Can't wait to try the 08

Tonight should be fun as well. I have a work buddy that is strictly a JB whilte drinker, so I hunted down a coupel bottles of early 80s JB White 80 proofers and I am taking over a bottle of Julio's RHFs...

We will see how that older JBW was...

Tonight should be fun as well. I have a work buddy that is strictly a JB whilte drinker, so I hunted down a coupel bottles of early 80s JB White 80 proofers and I am taking over a bottle of Julio's RHFs...

We will see how that older JBW was...

Emerald,

Let me know what you think of the Jim Beam White. I have bottles that date early 80's but have yet to open them.

Emerald,

Let me know what you think of the Jim Beam White. I have bottles that date early 80's but have yet to open them.

Will do... I am going in with an open mind... and empty glass

Emerald,

Very, very good. In a blind I would not believe this was beam or 80 proof. Beat out the RHFs big time tonight.

BHC VSOF, James?

Yes from the heritage collection. The best bottling of that collection IMO has to be the Weller Centennial by far and then comes VSOF... a very nice bottle indeed.

Finished the night off with a little taste of the '08 Handy....this stuff tastes HUGE! Now it's off to sweet dreams......

Had a crazy, spontaneous tasting bonanza today. I had the day off and, confined to my icy tomb up here in the Maine Tundra, I decided to crack an ORVW 10/107...my first VW ever. After I took my dogs out for a walk in the chilly cold, I came back to a package from Oscar with a few surprises inside, namely a Lot 'B' sample which I promptly sampled. The Lot 'B' is very good, the ORVW is okay. I also tried 4RsmB and O&T's 4RSB which was an interesting comparison...it's been an interesting week for side-by-sides....tomorrow maybe Dickel 8 & 12...Thanks again, Oscar.

...Thanks again, Oscar.

No problem, I can't wait to those Blue Cheer cd's.

I am now enjoying a Pappy Van Winkle 15yo, neat.

No problem, I can't wait to those Blue Cheer cd's.

I am now enjoying a Pappy Van Winkle 15yo, neat.

Should be there tomorrow if not already.

Continuing my very enjoyable rye sojourn with my very first sampling of Old Overholt. Have no idea why I waited so long! This is a very good rye......and the small monetary layout makes it even better.

Though it is still early.....on the second pour now, at this point I have to say I like this better than Ritt BIB and almost as much as Saz Jr. As of yet, not had any Beam Straight Rye. Since OO is made by Beam, wonder if this is a lighter and/or older version of same(?). Or, is it an entirely different profile?

In order to qualify for the thread, will be following OO up with some 4RSB and perhaps some PVW15 to polish off the evening.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!