What beer are you drinking Winter '08/'09

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night after a long road trip I had 3 Molson Gloden's and it was "good night" after that.

Tonight it is Sam Adams Black Lager a really nice Beer!

Dave Z

---------------------------------------------------------------

Beer Its Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food

-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Broad Ripple Brewpub:

Evilsizor Russian Imperial Stout

Ankle Biter Ale

E.S.B

All well done.

Fish-n-chips pretty rockin too.

my goodness...snow is making me come back to that 1/4 filled Stagg....but i admit, snow day, no school, before breakfast i had to HAD TO go for that DOGFISH HEAD Midas Touch first....

wow. those muscatel grapes remind me of mississippi scuppernong wine...but less sweet...and just simply better.

also exploring (not just other amazing DFH offerings like the 60 and 90 minute pales) Stone Brewing's obnoxiously experimental masterpieces like the Double Bastard and their flagship pale/IPAs.....wow. it's been a good transition back to almost fulltime beer/ale tasting (just joined the Beer Advocate). i usually find myself slinking through a bottle of Jaeger and then Tito's or Finlandia before i head into springtime beers.

Broad Ripple Brewpub:

Evilsizor Russian Imperial Stout

Ankle Biter Ale

E.S.B

All well done.

Fish-n-chips pretty rockin too.

Haven't been back to the old neighborhood for a long time, but I do remember that Imp. Stout at BBB. Good, good stuff.

One the way home from Dawn and Jon's place (thanks again guys, I owe you one) I hit Oaken Barrel

Snake Pit Porter

Super Fly IPA

bought the FLY DOG variety case...6 varieties...just had the CLASSIC PALE ALE and the much more distinctive SNAKE DOG IPA...

Whoops! Found a lone Erdinger Oktoberfest Weissbier in the back of my fridge. Hidden behind a bunch of stuff that ain't mine, and shouldn't be in the beer fridge. If a man has no control over his beer fridge, what has he control over? :o Bottle says I should have had this before 01/09. Thank God, it still tastes just fine to me. But, that Juicey Juice is outta here!

hit the nearby Delaware TOTAL WINE again and nabbed a bunch of IPA/pales...

starting to really like what local Lancaster Brewing is doing. loved the milk stout. the Hop Hog is really nice, not very IPAish, but it works, is tasty AND unique.

also, have some Troegs Nugget Nectar. yow. yowey.

Fying Fish HopFish and Troegs Nugget Nectar...both are quite stellar. i think both got an A+ or A on BAdvocate from me....

the Flying Fish Extra Pale Ale was a huge huge disappointment. too sweet. no hops. glad the HopFish more than compensated.

looking for Sierra Nevada's TORPEDO....was about to buy a case here in Media PA, but Total Wine in DE, when they get it in, will charge about $8 less....! i'll wait.

IF ONLY I COULD FIND SOME PLINY THE ELDER:bowdown:

I had a little Long Trail Double Bag yesterday after a long day of skiing...it is a double-recipe alt bier with an 8% plus ABV....very nice after an equally nice day on the hill.

Last years Brooklyn black chocolate stout (last bottle) with the bourbon truffles I had for dessert.

Leif

Sierra Nevada's ESB tonight. It's pretty good; there's just enough hop bite to make it feel like a West Coast take on the ESB. I'm not sure I like it more than their pale ale, and it's definitely no Celebration. It's a good beer, though, and one that's worth trying.

Tonight Red stripe and Budweiser American Ale with a shot of Peanut Liqour.

Dave z

---------------------------------------------------------

Beer Its Not Just A Beverage beer is Food

-------------------------------------------------------

Paradox smoke head. This is a 10 % imperial stout matured in an Islay cask. It is from the small Scottish micro brewery brew dog. Very, very smoky and rich. This is one of my favourite breweries.

Leif

Sierra Nevada's ESB tonight. It's pretty good; there's just enough hop bite to make it feel like a West Coast take on the ESB. I'm not sure I like it more than their pale ale, and it's definitely no Celebration. It's a good beer, though, and one that's worth trying.

yes, the ESB is truly a treat, but having become a neoHophead, i need more like the Troegs' Nugget Nectar....i do like the SN pale better. and i am dying to try the Torpedo.

right now, finishing off my last Flying Dog SNAKEDOG IPA....had a (saranac) FIDDLERS GREEN pale and it was a little disappointing. too malty...stealth hops.....

I was able to try Nugget Nectar on tap the other day, that was nice! I have a bottle of Stone Ruination IPA at home, looking forward to that too!

Heavens to Murgatroyd!! Sitting down with an 750ml Allagash Curieux Ale Aged in Oak Bourbon Barrels. And, I'm All-a-Ga-Ga! Absolutely, an Awesome beer! This is more than a beer. It's an experience. Heavy, but quenching. Fruity, but dry. You pour this thing, and you might as well take a walk around the block to wait for the head to fall down enough to take your first sip. Then, the nose alone, is enough to overwhelm your senses. Particularly, when you get to the end of the bottle...burp :o...The barrel influence is just perfect. You know it's there, but it doesn't dominate. But again, you still know, IT'S THERE. I don't know anything about brewing, but I think this is difficult to do, because I don't get squat out of most of these type of concoctions. Finally, the finish...the Finish!...might last until next week!

I need to get more of this.....

Thufferin' thallagash! Why can't I find a new "hobby" that's not $13 a bottle?! :cry:

To end...as I peer into the last 1/2 oz...of the last of the bottle...that rests in the bottom of my glass...I see all kinds of little particles...Black, brown, tan....

Yum! :yum: ...Dinner!!

I was able to try Nugget Nectar on tap the other day, that was nice! I have a bottle of Stone Ruination IPA at home, looking forward to that too!

Heavens to Murgatroyd!! Sitting down with an 750ml Allagash Curieux Ale Aged in Oak Bourbon Barrels. And, I'm All-a-Ga-Ga! Absolutely, an Awesome beer! This is more than a beer. It's an experience.

I just had the pleasure of drinking some Stone Ruination IPA on tap. Never had it that way before.

Phenomenal. Imminently drinkable and the hops kept coming long after the drink was done.

I too found some Stone Ruination on tap, and it was worth the wait.

Also had the Sierra Nevada Union Jack IPA, and did not appreciate it's lightness at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.