What beer are you drinking Winter '08/'09

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight it was Saranac Black Forest a great Black as coal Beer!

Dave Z

--------------------------------------------------

Beer Its not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food

------------------------------------------------------

well, after a few days of Nyquil (10% alcohol....5 proof!), it's nice to have my nose and tongue back.

as it nears noon, i figured i'd open up a bottle of STONE Pale Ale, the flagship bottling of this super california (san diego) brewery.

excellent! it seems to be everything a Sam Adams almost is...but this is luscious, bitter where it needs to be and drinkable 100%. very impressed.

can't wait to try the heavier hitters later

by the way (should anyone know), is the Sublimely Self Righteous bottling available in Delaware, Maryland or PA?

well, after a few days of Nyquil (10% alcohol....5 proof!), it's nice to have my nose and tongue back.

10% alcohol is 20 proof.

Just finished my run and bike ride. Beautiful day here, but a bit nippy on the bike. So, I'm thirsty but chilled. Hittin' on a Sweetwater Brewing Co. "Happy Ending" Imperial Stout. Perfect! It's very dark, not overly smokey, and warming with it's 9% ABV. But, a big dry hop for a refreshing hit to quench the thirst. It's the kind of Imperial Stout that you can easily take from the bottle. Sweetwater puts out seasonal brews that they call "catch n release brews", and the Happy Ending is their January-March effort. This is my first go with this year's release, and I am very "Happy" with it. I can see myself working on these well into Spring.

Pliny! Pliny! Pliny!

The Falling Rock Tap House just tapped a keg of the very rare Pliny the Younger and I had to head downtown for a (half) pint. It was somewhat expensive but insanely good--major citrus and hoppy goodness, but in exquisite balance.

I'll be having another one tomorrow if they don't sell out before then.

Last Night Walt Wit From Philadelphia Brewing Company an excelent Wit Beer in flavor and a Nice price 28. a case!

Dave Z

---------------------------------------------------

Beer Its not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food

--------------------------------------------------------

Pliny! Pliny! Pliny!

The Falling Rock Tap House just tapped a keg of the very rare Pliny the Younger and I had to head downtown for a (half) pint. It was somewhat expensive but insanely good--major citrus and hoppy goodness, but in exquisite balance.

I'll be having another one tomorrow if they don't sell out before then.

What an odd figure to name a beer after! Besides being the son of Pliny the Elder, he's only notable for one thing that I know of. But I'm not going to say what it is .:70358-devil:

At any rate, for what it's worth I wish I was drinking an Arcadia London Porter right now.

Tonight just kicking back with an Old Time Beer a 16 oz Gibbons returnable, a nice old time drink for just relaxing!

Dave Z

================================

Beer Its Not Just A beverage Beer Is Food

==================================

Tonight it is Southern Tier Raspberry Porter a very Nice Porter, and I have always loved good Porters!

Dave Z

------------------------------------------------------------

Beer Its Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food

-----------------------------------------------------------

My oldest came home to help us for a few days as my wife just had some surgery. He likes to try different beers and just left the door open for me saying he just wanted to try something new and something him might not buy himself (i figure for a college kid that means more $$). So I picked him out a couple I have never tried before; Chimay Ale, and Moylans "Hopsickle Imperial Ale" (he told me once he like a hoppy beer?). I will be curious to see how he likes them.

Hertog Jan Grand Prestige

A beer you should drink as a bourbon, enjoying every gulp.

(I'm Dutch but I really don't like Heineken.)

Do you like Brand Bier? I spent a semester abroad in The Netherlands in college and developed a love for this beer....haven't had it in 12 years now, though. Welcome to the board.

Last night I had a Sapporo Classic. A nice 100% malt beer. Nothing to go wild about, just extremely drinkable.

A local Irish Pub is having a nomihodai (all you can drink special with a set time limit) that includes Guinness Stout. The offer is for February only so I should go real soon.

Ed

I've been drinking a lot of Kona Brewing's Fire Rock Pale Ale lately. At $7.50 or so, it's a great pale ale for the price: nicely fruity and hoppy but with enough of a toasty malt backbone to keep it balanced. Good stuf!

Tonight I had some Magic Hat Circus Boy Hefeweizen given me by a friend very Nice Wheat Beer I must say and very drinkable too!

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------------

Beer Its Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food

-----------------------------------------------------

I've been drinking a lot of Kona Brewing's Fire Rock Pale Ale lately.* At $7.50 or so, it's a great pale ale* for the price:* nicely fruity and hoppy but with enough of a toasty malt backbone to keep it balanced.* Good stuf!

My recent pale ale fav. Try the Longboard also. Tonight is an Orange Wheat from a local micro brewer, Hangar 24. Fruity Hefe and cloves.

Last night I kept with my Belgian theme and had a Ommegang Rare Vos. Nice and very Belgian just not as good as some of the Belgian big boys.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.