What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Fall 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Elijah Craig 12yo over cracked ice.

This is the first time that I have had EC12 other than neat, it won't be the last.

Elijah Craig 12yo over cracked ice.

This is the first time that I have had EC12 other than neat, it won't be the last.

I'm with you on that...I had some neat last night and I actually think I prefer it with a cube or two...

It is still Summer for another hour or so. :-)

Yes, for North America and most of Europe it comes in at 5:18pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

But SB.com is truly international, so I say, let the Autumn leaves fall!

KG from 1970 and WT 8 export before dinner and Dickel 12 and 8 with the lime truffles for dessert. This was the last out of my last no 12 bottle and I have been unable to find a replacement so far. Well it is “a shame to the one that gives up†as we say in Sweden.

Leif

Now that it is fall...what are you drinking?

I'm on water and perhaps a diet Squirt later. No bourbon until either Thursday or Friday night.

Not drinking anything yet, but will surely be getting into the WT101, and might close with a little SW OldFitz BIB afore I drag my fuzzy butt to bed. :)

Tony's 1970's Benchmark, with some friends. A very balanced bourbon, with a refined wood and medium chocolate-like sweetness. Perfect for neat sipping. This type of bourbon was more common 30 years ago, it reminds me of dark rum in some ways, or good brandy. Thanks again Tony for this treat.

Gary

Some Ritt BiB did the trick last night.

Cain't argue with that. Yes I really talk like that. Sometimes.

Anyway enjoying some 07 OFBB. Yum.:yum:

WTRye101, some VWFRR 13 yr and then who knows....

I know.... more VWFRR and possibly more cowbell...

Damn this VWFRR is outstanding. I may change my avatar.

Mid-eighties low proof cage match: In the red corner is the lightweight BHC contender I.W. Harper, and in the blue corner is the blue-collar giant-killer Evan Williams 1783 10yo. Ding Ding Ding.

Mid-eighties low proof cage match: In the red corner is the lightweight BHC contender I.W. Harper, and in the blue corner is the blue-collar giant-killer Evan Williams 1783 10yo. Ding Ding Ding.

I got $5 on Mr Williams

Still working here, but in a couple hours it'll definitely be time for an ERSB neat. Maybe a beer back (Sam Adams , though I've found that Sam doesn't pair too well with bourbon).

Cheers!

I got $5 on Mr Williams

Well you'd have won $5 (with the deciding factor being price), but I forgot to mention it was a tag-team cage match. Harper just tagged VanWinkle Rye, and Williams tagged Vintage Bourbon 17yr.

Well you'd have won $5 (with the deciding factor being price), but I forgot to mention it was a tag-team cage match. Harper just tagged VanWinkle Rye, and Williams tagged Vintage Bourbon 17yr.

You know where my money is....:grin:

Hittin' the Turkey tonight. Sampled some 90s 8 year, 2002 WTKS, WT 12 gold foil... And the 8 year is the best of the three.

I think I need to trade all my juice off for 80/90s wt 8 year...

Hittin' the Turkey tonight. Sampled some 90s 8 year, 2002 WTKS, WT 12 gold foil... And the 8 year is the best of the three.

I think I need to trade all my juice off for 80/90s wt 8 year...

all your juice.....? Man that must be some bourbon. How does it stack up to the current 8 yr at duty free?

all your juice.....? Man that must be some bourbon. How does it stack up to the current 8 yr at duty free?

Blows it out of the water.... Diff between current Old Fitz BIB and PVW 15yr current... The Old 8 year from the 80/90s is that good...

Tonight it is on the Road to Sac again with some Old Crow 1968 10yr/86 proof...

If you got'a travel, travel in style...

Blows it out of the water.... Diff between current Old Fitz BIB and PVW 15yr current... The Old 8 year from the 80/90s is that good...

Tonight it is on the Road to Sac again with some Old Crow 1968 10yr/86 proof...

If you got'a travel, travel in style...

Wish I had some.....

On another note I'm enjoying my first purchase of Ritt BIB. Very nice I must say for $18... a stellar value indeed. Next it's on to Handy 2008 for more Rye... but all the while keeping a greedy eye on my dwindling RVWFR Rye.:rolleyes:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!