What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Fall 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had a pour of WT Tribute last night while chopping around the NCAA football games. It's a little woodier than I expected, but still a wonderful whiskey.

Doing the Sazerac thing: mixed bourbons (a variation of what I brought to the recent Gazebo), dashes of Spanish absinthe and Al Shallal Arak, and a hit of Stirrings Orange Bitters. Shake that thing, no ice.

Ah where's Chuck, Dane, Tim, Jeff, Stu, Timothy, Wade, Cliff, Tom H, Dale, Christian, Tony, Jon, the Joes, Scott, Robert, the Dougs, Jimmy, the Randys, and all the gang when I need them. Got to wait to next Gazebo for validation (or not). But it's pretty good, you will have to take my word. :)

Gary

Yeah, but your Turkey beats my Weller.

:toast:

.... true... and at least in the Coaches poll, ASU gots some props with a few points in the rating...

:toast:

Fixin' dinner with a nice JTS Brown Mint Julep. I think I've said this before, but a cool Mint Julep is a great late afternoon/early evening Sunday, late Summer drink.

ORVW 10 year, 107..... I haven't seen this in any of the stores I regularly visit. It isn't going away is it?

ORVW 10 year, 107..... I haven't seen this in any of the stores I regularly visit. It isn't going away is it?

It was a rye evening yesterday with WTRRR and Rittenhouse 10 before dinner and VWFRR I after. The Turkey was like a non alcoholic beer besides big foot in comparing with the 2 others. Rittenhouse hit the spot best tonight but the van Winkle was very good as well.

Leif

Nothing...I'm in one of my bourbon funks. Last bourbon I had was last Wednesday and haven't had the urge since then. I need a proxy drinker....any takers?

Greg,

I once had this and asked for help from other bourbon drinkers...I called it Bourbon Burnout. The solution at the time for me was to drink something I'd never tried Four Roses Yellow, and it did the trick!

Try something new.

My latest is Evan Williams Black, WT101, WTRB, and Old Forester Signature. Noticing a little thinness to the WTRB. It's got me thinking whether it is worth the $14 premium over WT101?

Nothing...I'm in one of my bourbon funks. Last bourbon I had was last Wednesday and haven't had the urge since then. I need a proxy drinker....any takers?

Let me into your bunker and I'll be your huckleberry:cool:

Last night I cracked the seal on my first-ever bottle of WT Kentucky Spirit. VERY tasty. I have to get it from out of state, but the price is close enough to what I pay for WTRB here that I am already rethinking which upscale WT expression I should keep on hand.

Larry

OK, now onto 2009 4R's Barrel Stremgth, neat.

It looks like I will need to make a double bottle post in the "empty bottle support group" thread in a little bit.

I just took delivery of 2 x 2007 Birthday Bourbon and 1 x HH 6yr BIB green label so I popped the green label to give it a whirl.

HH BIB is pretty good stuff. A bit dry, not a whole lot of flavor. I really like the presentation and the finish. For $10 a pretty darn good drink.

I'll take this over the JTS Brown BIB I've had.

I opened a bottle of EWSB 1999. I really like it a lot.

One of the first bourbons I tried was a bottle of the 1998. To this date, it is the only bourbon I did not like. I know it's a single-barrel product, so differences are expected. Still, that 1998 bottle I had was really terrible.

This 1999 bottle is very good. I don't have a good grasp of tasting notes yet, but I find it to be sweet, which I like, and rather smooth. It also has a nice hint of wood.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!