What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Fall 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

FRSmB after dinner

Weller SR with cards

114 now before bed. I love the 114, I think it's my favorite all a rounder. Bourbon crack.

Weller 12 tonight. Maybe some Centennial before the night is over. Joe

OWA in the new NAS Weller 12-style bottle, my first OWA. I get a hint of the apples on the nose & palate that the Everett's Weller SR had by the bushelful...but a more robust overall flavor. What's interesting is how late the apples show back up on the finish...often a few minutes after the sip! I had a couple small pours of this, I'm liking.

114 now before bed. I love the 114, I think it's my favorite all a rounder. Bourbon crack.

We could start a cult.

OGD114 is the /,,/

I think I will join in!

Leif

Me, too. Me, too. Everytime I get to dog cussin' Beam for something stupid they've done, I think of 'Ol Granpa. He reassures me that not all is wrong in Beamdom.

It was slow at work today, so I took a half day off. I took my wife out to lunch at Granite City, (great lunch by the way!) and now I'm home. I popped open the JPS I picked up a couple weeks ago at the KBF. Just sitting back relaxing, sipping on a nice healthy pour. :cool: Might have to see about getting another bottle of this. :rolleyes: It's a darn fine bourbon IMHO. Joe

It was slow at work today, so I took a half day off. I took my wife out to lunch at Granite City, (great lunch by the way!) and now I'm home. I popped open the JPS I picked up a couple weeks ago at the KBF. Just sitting back relaxing, sipping on a nice healthy pour. :cool: Might have to see about getting another bottle of this. :rolleyes: It's a darn fine bourbon IMHO. Joe

Joe,

My guy at the local store will allow me to pick these up for $80 plus tax...you're correct it is a mighty fine bourbon. If you want I can see if I can pick you up a bottle...let me know!

Bob

09 Stagg and WLW.....

The Stagg is fantastic. I need to do a 3 way with the weller. I have an 06 and 08 open as well.:grin:

Dipping into a 2002 Birthday Bourbon. It's like a liquid caramel apple. :yum: A fantastic, leathery, and long finish. Without a doubt, my favorite year for the OFBB.

Four Roses SB. I was going to richen it up with a little RR 101, a four to one ratio, but it is just so damn good on its own I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Cheap night here.

WSR

HH Green 6yr BIB

I'm just nursing them since I'm not really umm enjoying myself. Serviceable pours for me!

I picked up a bottle of Old Grand-dad 114 today, and I have to say, I rather like it. Both the nose and taste remind me more of something like Sazerac 6 year than another bourbon. but that's not exactly right.... the floral notes in the nose almost reminded me of one or two scotches I've smelled (don't everyone kill me at once). Very interesting stuff indeed.

Started off with a pour of FR Yellow neat...I haven't had this one in a while and it was surprising creamy...definitely can tell the difference between an 80 proofer and some of the others that I've been drinking of late...no burn at all.

Moved onto ER 10/90 after that for a couple pours...this bottle that I have is significantly darker in color then the ER17 that it's sitting next to...what gives? I definitely has some oak flavor going on but it was a nice change from the FR.

Finished the night going back to the FR Yellow...very easy to drink...a good value bourbon!

Before the Red Sox last night, had a delightful Sazerac made with OO and extra Peychaud's, then a VWFRR13 neat.

Yesterday I had OGD 114 before dinner and Weller 12 and EC 12 after. All was good but the 114 best of cause.

Leif

Had a couple Makers (one rocks, one neat) at the club where I went to hear the amazing Lansing, MI-based jazz trio Organissimo play (holy crap...incredible!), then when I got home I had a pour of OWA while getting dogs out and fed. Not a bad bourbon night, and a great jazz/funk night! :)

Savoring some Lot B while watching my alma mater, Wisconsin, beat Minnesota and retain posession of Paul Bunyon's axe for the sixth straight year!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!