What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Fall 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well... Erich made it over tonigth... pictures later... and we hit a few:

OldFitz BIB 80s

WTRR101

WLW 2007

Old Crow

WT 8yr 1991

Bev Mo Willett 25 yr (chocolate Monster)

Binny's Willett 27 yr

Reid & Emerald Willett 6 yr

Old Fitz 1977 7 yr 80 proof

VVOF 12 yrBIB

VWFR Rye I

PVW 23 yr

OGD BIB 1983

OGD BIB 1977

OGD 114 1981

Old Taylor 86 1983

WTKS 2003

WT 12 yr CGF 1983

Hirsch Gold Foil

Parker Heritage 126 proof

Pyrat Rum Cask 23 Old Version

RHFs Julio's Version 3

and a few more I am sure...

Thank you Erich and co for the great evening....

Emerald

Could you take it a little more easily with the virgins ?

I was going to post about my all Stitzel Weller night but what's the point after the above...... :bowdown:!

Emerald

Could you take it a little more easily with the virgins ?

Hahahaha... A bourbon orgy

I was going to post about my all Stitzel Weller night but what's the point after the above...... :bowdown:!

The south west division of SB.com bars is open at all times... Come one, come all... Spare liver optional :D

I'm going to try- because other than a few I spent some time with- TRY to actually jot down some tasting notes later. One thing worth mentioning is a comment my wife made this morning regarding the 6 year old willett picked by Reid and Emerald- she said "It's like chewing on a box of fireworks. Then the green one goes off, then the purple one, then the chocolate pecan pie one."

thanks Emerald! a lot of those were simply the best in their category.

I'm going to try- because other than a few I spent some time with- TRY to actually jot down some tasting notes later. One thing worth mentioning is a comment my wife made this morning regarding the 6 year old willett picked by Reid and Emerald- she said "It's like chewing on a box of fireworks. Then the green one goes off, then the purple one, then the chocolate pecan pie one."

thanks Emerald! a lot of those were simply the best in their category.

I'm anxious to open one of the 4 bottles I have. 2 5yr 2 8yr picked by Dave Gonano. I think Christmas would be a good time to try one.

Bev Mo Willett 25 yr (chocolate Monster)

Any more of these floating around?
I wish. I have nothing else like that one.

I loved mine so much that I still have the empty bottle.:rolleyes:

Rittenhouse 10 BIB before dinner and WT 101 from 1982 and Handy 2008 after. The 2 ryes tasted awesome, and I must say that Handy was the best tonight.

Leif

Having some Binny's Weller 12 while catching up on a few things. Mainly a couple things I didn't get to over the weekend. Xmas cards, last of the laundry, etc.....:rolleyes: At least the Weller 12 makes it worth while. Might have to get me a few more bottles. :grin: Hmmmm. Maybe Saturday? Joe

Little OGD 86 from 1986 and some Weller SR from 88... Not a bad night

With 4 days on a cruise ship... Just repeat:)

With 4 days on a cruise ship... Just repeat:)

On a cruise?

Where you at?

On subject, Elijah Craig 18yo, neat.

On a cruise?

Where you at?

On subject, Elijah Craig 18yo, neat.

In San Diego listening to the safety briefing heading to Catalina Island the Baja.... So far no Phuq'n Turkey... 4 cruises... Not one bird...

I had a couple pours of Binny's Weller 12 followed by my first ever experience with George T. Stagg...it's going to take me a while to digest that one! Thanks to all in chat last night (Andy, Joe, Matt) that joined in on having a pour!

Had some Buffalo Trace again last night and I can't think of a better bourbon at this price point -- it more than satisfies with leather & toasted marshmallow -- just love it.

I had a couple pours of Binny's Weller 12 followed by my first ever experience with George T. Stagg...it's going to take me a while to digest that one! Thanks to all in chat last night (Andy, Joe, Matt) that joined in on having a pour!

Yup . . . had me some Stagg, too . . . boy, I'm spoiled! :grin:

In San Diego listening to the safety briefing heading to Catalina Island the Baja.... So far no Phuq'n Turkey... 4 cruises... Not one bird...

I had a friend that just when to the Bahamas I asked him to bring me back some WT 8 yo. He said they looked every where and couldn't find any. I found some in Mexico last year.

Starting the evening with a nice pour of Baby Saz. This is some really good stuff for $23/bottle. Much different from any of the other Rye's I have on the shelf (VWFRR, WTRye, RittBIB, Handy, Saz 18). And NOT in a bad way.

Wild Turkey Tradition 14yo, neat.
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Funny, I was having the same thing this afternoon. It ain't too shabby is it?
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Like Jimmy Russel said "worthy of sharing with friends."

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!