What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Fall 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Evan Williams Single Barrel, 2008 Vintage. I've been eyeing these at the liquor store for quite some time and tonight I finally pulled the trigger. $26 plus tax isnt too bad IMO.

Eric

Weller SR from the 80s. That SW SR goes down like a sports drink after a long B-Ball game.

Bottle dead in 2 days ... Good thing I found that late ND GOGD 86'er in San Diego :)

A McScrooge's single barrel selection of OWA 107. Docbible, you were right, this is terrific. The finish on this won't end, and I've had 86 proof bourbons that burn more. Nothing but rich flavor with this bottle. I'll have to open one of their 7 yr OWA's from last year, and compare. I haven't missed Centennial, as that one has stepped in nicely. I wonder if this will fare as well. I think it might.

I thought Brent hit a homerun with this one (Mcscrooges antique 107). Definitely worth a few in the bunker with the new nas bottle design. The flavor without the burn is nice and lingering. I think I'll open another. tim

Started with a short pour of EC18 then a little Prichard's Double barrel , then a little Willett 18 and finished with a goodly pour of Wild Turkey 101 from the 70's.

I'm about to try my candycane experiment--bottom shelf Heaven Hill with said candy cane.

I'm about to try my candycane experiment--bottom shelf Heaven Hill with said candy cane.

Awesome !! Let us know how it turned out. I wanna try a candy cane in some VOB BiB. And tonight Im drinking VOB BIB straight. It's taking the chi-town chill away.:grin:

Old Forester DSP 414, either 1980 or 1982. This is big time glut whiskey, shades darker than the current Signature. Has some butterscotch along with tobacco, leather and fruit on the nose. I just pulled out a ND Old Taylor to confirm that same butterscotch smell. A really nice balance of sweetness, grain and heat that lingers. How could vodka have ever taken over this???

I'm having some J.T.S. Brown BIB and enjoying this bourbon. Cheap and not too darn bad; pretty good.

Evan Williams Single Barrel, 2008 Vintage. I've been eyeing these at the liquor store for quite some time and tonight I finally pulled the trigger. $26 plus tax isnt too bad IMO.

Eric

my wife actually bought me a bottle back in '95 and I wish I had another.

Tried and True, Wild Turkey Rare Breed, neat.

I need it as I am sore as hell building up the Bud inventories for the Christians to celebrate Jesus' birthday next week.

Bad day at work...:banghead:

But it's hump day... :drink:

A couplea PVW 15s!

I hear you John. Been there done that. Fortunately, a decent day at work, and a better time at bowling tonight. I sucked, but the team carried me. JBW at the bowling alley, plus some Baker's and Ritt 23 that I brought. :cool: (a little moonshine too :rolleyes: ) Then, a couple of the guys came over to my house afterwards. :bigeyes: You name it, we had some. Needless to say, it was a pretty good night overall. :woohoo: Bourbon and bowling. Don't get much better. Joe

I did have pappy 20 and a side by side of WTR and Rittenhouse BIB before dinner yesterday. After dinner it tasted good with an uncut 15 years HH from Cadenheads.

Leif

Awesome !! Let us know how it turned out. I wanna try a candy cane in some VOB BiB. And tonight Im drinking VOB BIB straight. It's taking the chi-town chill away.:grin:

One word: ugh. It's not the candy cane's fault. Luckily I plan to do some Christmas baking with bourbon so it won't go to waste.

Candy cane infused bourbon can be good, just not this stuff.

I had a pour of OFBB 2005 last night a my first every VWFRR...definitely different the the wheat bourbon I've been drinking. I would describe it as creamy with a nice spicey finish. I can certainly understand why people like to go with a Rye everynow and then...it's a nice change of pace from the standard wheat base bourbon! :cool:

Parkers 40 aniv on the rocks. Man, I love this stuff. tim

Isn't that the Parker's 50 or do you mean the Rutledge 40?

I'm sipping some of the Reid and Emerald Willetts, neat.

It tastes like the holidays.

You're right, Parkers 50 th aviv. I thought the chick looked a lot younger in the dim lighting....they always do. :lol: tim

Tonight, I decided it was time GTS graced my open bottle collection so I popped open an '07. Slowly sippin and enjoyin.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!