What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 09/10

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Old Crow Reserve. It was on sale for $12.99,

MI LCC has it listed for $7.97, I ordered a bottle but it's not yet in stock.

I made the trip to Binny's to pick up some bottles for other forum members...managed to get 4 Binny's Weller 12 bottles for others and ended up getting a Binny's Weller 12 and a ORVW 10/107 for myself. :) I really wanted to pick up another Binny's BT but they only had the standard bottling left at my location. :(

Don't worry...new BT is on the way.:grin: This one is a vatting of 13 barrel's. We ended up with a monster. Nice and round with a nice balance of sweetness and spice.

Don't worry...new BT is on the way.:grin: This one is a vatting of 13 barrel's. We ended up with a monster. Nice and round with a nice balance of sweetness and spice.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to put away some cash for what I'm sure will be another killer bourbon from you guys. Just make sure Fishnbowljoe doesn't buy it all before the rest of us get a shot at it.

But hows the grass? :grin:

It's there, but not up front. Spice, and vanilla dominate, with the grassy / herbal backround. Way to drinkable. I've got a tough job.:cool:

It's there, but not up front. Spice, and vanilla dominate, with the grassy / herbal backround. Way to drinkable. I've got a tough job.:cool:

Ahh thanks for the update. You do have a tough job, I don't know how you stand it!

Do you guys have any more BT selections coming?

Made the trip downtown again to the South Loop Binny's and Manny's for lunch. Went with old failthful Corned Beef and Pistrami Ruben style...hard to get away from that masterpiece. David Axelrod was sitting at the table next to us enjoying some lunch at Manny's too...it's amazing on a Saturday afternoon that there was a line out the door.

Oh yeah, I talked to Joe for a little bit and he's really pumped about the new BT that they just selected. I ended up picking up a Binny's FRBS OBSK for the bunker and a 1.75 of Gentleman Jack for my "whiskey" drinking buddies.

Picked up an old fitz bib to replace one that's getting low. $18 tax included is a decent price for the bottle.

My liquor store guy called me today, said he finally got in a bunch of BTAC. Drove over and picked up 2 bottles of Stagg, 3 bottles of WLW and 1 bottle of Saz 17. Got home and looked at all the WLW. Each one had a different proof; 121.9, 125.3 and 117.9. Search the forum amd discovered I bought a WLW 05' (121.9). WLW 07' (117.9) and a WLW 08' (125.3). Still don't have an 09! :grin: The guy still had 2-3 bottles left of WLW and will go back on Friday (payday) to pick up some more. He also has a Weller Centennial - asking $85 which I thought was way out of whack and a Weller 19 year. Anybody know about this Weller 19 year? Bottle says barrelled in 1990.

TJ

My liquor store guy called me today, said he finally got in a bunch of BTAC. Drove over and picked up 2 bottles of Stagg, 3 bottles of WLW and 1 bottle of Saz 17. Got home and looked at all the WLW. Each one had a different proof; 121.9, 125.3 and 117.9. Search the forum amd discovered I bought a WLW 05' (121.9). WLW 07' (117.9) and a WLW 08' (125.3). Still don't have an 09! :grin: The guy still had 2-3 bottles left of WLW and will go back on Friday (payday) to pick up some more. He also has a Weller Centennial - asking $85 which I thought was way out of whack and a Weller 19 year. Anybody know about this Weller 19 year? Bottle says barrelled in 1990.

TJ

That's too funny you picked up three different years of the WLW. Can't go wrong with any of those. The Centennial is way too high, if it were me, I'd pass it by unless it's a Louisville bottling then it makes the decision a little harder. The Weller 19 is a very rare bottle to find. I have a bottle and don't like it. At 19 years, it's got way too much wood on the palate. I paid somewhere around $55 for mine about two years ago so if it's in the price range of current BTAC, go head and pick it up and see what you think. Some like the extra wood, I don't.

TJ

Do you get kissed with that Weller Centennial because you will certainly get the other.

That Weller 19 is from the first year of production of the BTAC. Highly "collectible" by members here.....you probably already have several PM's. But as Greg said, only slightly drinkable as those I have tried were too woody to me.

Randy

TJ

Nice haul! So to be clear, he's selling the Centennial for more than the previous WLWs? Definitely think 85 is out of whack. I'd offer him 50 and see what he did. He probably had it selling for 30 a few years ago.

This weekend while I was down in Mass I picked up some things I can't get in the Great State of Maine . . . I picked up:

(2) Elmer T. Lee (although one didn't make the return journey)

Lot 'B' (wanted to buy 2 but for some reason talked myself out of it -- the price jump on this has got me tentative)

NAS OWA (haven't had one yet, just the Julio's SB)

(2) EWSB '00 (picked these up on the way home through NH cuz I was feeling a little unfulfilled -- should have bought that Lot 'B' instead of these, but I am excited to try it)

Just cut a deal for (but have yet to take possession of) a 1.75l WT101 8yr, with faux tax strip. Probably paid too much, as it cost just about the going rate for a current BTAC bottle, on a per-750ml basis.

But hey, I don't know that I'll ever have too many opportunities to snag one of these and conventional wisdom states that the old US 8yr is superior to the current export-only version. I know I'll have chances to replace that money spent, so in my mind it's better to get what you want vs waiting around and hoping that a bargain falls into your lap.

I bought my first bourbons of this new year or as they say, The Year Of Our Lord 2010:rolleyes:

Dey be;

Four Roses Single Barrel,...yes that's right, I bought a 4R1B in MI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Crow Reserve, you know it's got to be good, it's in a black label, just like Jack Daniels, Harley-Davidson and the POW-MIA logos!!!!

also something from across the pond,

I bought my first bourbons of this new yea or as they say, The Year Of Our Lord 2010:rolleyes:

Dey be;

Four Roses Single Barrel,...yes that's right, I bought a 4R1B in MI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Crow Reserve, you know it's got to be good, it's in a black label, just like Jack Daniels, Harley-Davidson and the POW-MIA logos!!!!

also something from across the pond,

you gonna tease us like that O? You know, sheep that I am, I'm gonna hafta go out and buy what you bought...

you gonna tease us like that O? You know, sheep that I am, I'm gonna hafta go out and buy what you bought...

Josh, this is a bourbon thread, I couldn't say what else I bought.

You youngin's have no respect!:grin:

Later edit:

Hey Josh, did those guys on the P, R & C call you "mindless sheep" one to many times and you changed your avatar to Lambchop?

I scored another Emerald/Reid Willett 6 year and a SW 14yr 3mo Weller 12.

Thanks to the generosity of another forum member I was able to get 2 375 OWA from 2003. This juice is so much better IMO then the current stuff.

I was also able to trade for three Weller Centennials...1 Louisville and two private bottlings, one from Premiere Wine and Spirit, one from White House Liquor . :)

No, you mentioned the magic words: Four Roses!!

(Works everytime with Lampchop).

Glad to hear 4R and Old Crow Reserve finally made it to MI - now just have to see if its hit any of the Metro-D stores

TJ

I scored another Emerald/Reid Willett 6 year and a SW 14yr 3mo Weller 12.

Thanks to the generosity of another forum member I was able to get 2 375 OWA from 2003. This juice is so much better IMO then the current stuff.

I was also able to trade for three Weller Centennials...1 Louisville and two private bottlings, one from Premiere Wine and Spirit, one from White House Liquor . :)

I picked up two more Binny's Weller 12's and a couple OF Repeal sets with the GC glass...hard to pass those guys up for $12 bucks.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!