What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 09/10

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bulleit and a case of Pabst

Be careful......sounds highly combustible. Big party in the offing?....Super Bowl is still a week away

Gots myself a Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 101 today, delivered to my automobile at my work's parking lot.

Thanx Tony!

Nothing today but this week I have managed to score a SW Weller 12 (Just like Bob's) and, thanks to another generous forum member a 750 of 2004 Weller 12. I have bought a lot of Weller 12 in one form or another lately.

Some WTRB per the Big Dog's info, it's a 1995 bottle for $30.00. The jack ass at the store grabbed the bottle off the shelf and dropped it on the floor, the rug broke the fall and the cork, so I got a discount. half the cork is still in the bottle.

Tony

Some WTRB per the Big Dog's info, it's a 1995 bottle for $30.00. The jack ass at the store grabbed the bottle off the shelf and dropped it on the floor, the rug broke the fall and the cork, so I got a discount. half the cork is still in the bottle.

Tony

This place has been a bad influence on me.

I braved the snow in the DC area to pick up the 2 WLW 2007 I had left at the store when I picked up the 2008 WLW earlier this week.

This place has been a bad influence on me.

I braved the snow in the DC area to pick up the 2 WLW 2007 I had left at the store when I picked up the 2008 WLW earlier this week.

Obviously this place has not taken full effect yet... You should have never left them behind to begin with :D

Obviously this place has not taken full effect yet... You should have never left them behind to begin with :D

I've learned my lesson and won't make that mistake again! :cool:

Got a bottle of Virgin Bourbon 101 on a whim. Ehhhk, won't make that mistake again. I think I'll donate it to the family beach cottage, my father in law and his brother will drink it.

Where did you dig up an 89... nice pick by the way...

Airport Party Store, Jackson, MI.

Hey, if ya had a dirty mind your new avatar could be read "WTF".

I've learned my lesson and won't make that mistake again! :cool:

yep. I once thought this place was a bad influence, too. Now I understand, it's taught me to always carry a charge card because who knows what will turn up.

Airport Party Store, Jackson, MI.

Hey, if ya had a dirty mind your new avatar could be read "WTF".

:rolleyes:

I had a job out in League City today, and picked up a couple of Weller Centennials (BHC Frankfort). I passed on these last time I was in this store, but this time I caved in to the temptation.

I had a job out in League City today, and picked up a couple of Weller Centennials (BHC Frankfort). I passed on these last time I was in this store, but this time I caved in to the temptation.

Good buy. Still waiting to see one on a shelf, as I've never tried it. I'm guessing my chance gets rarer and rarer by the day.

Good news, I'm feeling lucky!

Spirits selection is slim here in River City. Fortunately, it's only a 45 minute drive from my house to a liquor store on the north side of Eugene, a place where I've been able to find a lot of goodies such as VW Lot B, PVW 15, VWFRR, GTS, OFBB, VROHH and VOB, plus other stuff like Barbancourt 15yo rum, Matusalem Platino rum, Germain-Robin Shareholder's Reserve brandy, Forty Creek Three Grain and Bols Genever (these last two being favorites of my wife).

Nonetheless, I've been wanting some more choices. In the course of plugging in various brands/expressions into the Oregon Liquor Search engine, two liquor stores kept showing up over and over again, one in downtown Portland and one in Beaverton, a town just south of Portland.

Last week when I saw that the price of Germain-Robin XO was going to jump from $98 to $114 effective February 1st, I decided it was time to make the trip, so I drove up there Saturday morning and hit both stores.

While in Portland I also visited the House Spirits distillery. I'll describe that in another post, in another forum.

Anyway, at the end of the day I brought home:

JRPS 17 $95

OC 8 $17

Forty Creek 3G 3 bottles, $22 ea

Gemain-Robin XO $98

Neisson Blanc (liter) $30

Flor de Cana 4yo white $20

The Neisson is my favorite rhum agricole blanc. Haven't been able to get any since leaving Florida. Hadn't been able to get any of the FdC either.

As I said, I'd been getting the FC3G in Eugene, but on my last visit there it was gone and I was told it'd been discontinued. Thus when I saw three bottles at one of the stores on Saturday, I grabbed 'em all.

The JRPS probably will get put away and not opened until my 62nd birthday.

The OC 8 was an experiment. My wife likes ERSB ($30 here), but finds BT ($24) "too rough". I saw the OC 8 and, knowing it's the same basic juice, figured she might like it.

Turns out she does, so now I have the problem of getting more. Of course, the price difference between the OC 8 and ERSB is enough that even with my truck's mileage I'd break even on two bottles, and come out ahead on three or more, but my time is worth something too...

If only I knew someone in Portland...who might be driving down this way soon...who could bring some down...if only I knew someone like that...

2 Baby Saz which I acquired locally. A nice thing for me as last time I had to order a case and I have not had a bottle of it for 3 months.

2 WTAS the last in the state on closeout. $66.60 out the door, or $33.30/ea. One more for me, one for a board member who's bottle is currently being chilled for serving in my car. :lol:

2 WTAS the last in the state on closeout. $66.60 out the door, or $33.30/ea.

Are you serious Rob?

WOW!

Two bottles of the WT Tradition just showed up, via the fine folks at Shopper's Vineyard. With the 5% discount coupon code, total cost (price+shipping) for each was just a hair over $100.

I was pretty much planning on sitting this one out, but amazing how a lower price can get me turned around!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!