What are you drinking Spring 2010?

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished off a bottle of Eagle Rare Single Barrel last night - beautiful drop, wish there was more. :smiley_acbt:

One pour of Vintage 17 tonight, in the hopes my back will realign itself tonight! Man does lower back issues suck!!!!!

Tony

ETL followed up with some Antique 10/107.

I think I feel a Handy nightcap creeping up, the Brazilians on the cdp are driving me to drink.

Really enjoying some Lot B tonight. It got buried too far back in the cabinet and had been forgotten. Shame on me.

Started with some ORVW 10/107. After allowing it to breath for a month, it's a lot better.

I had some Lot B last night and I was amazed at the difference drinking it out of a glass GC vs. a crystal GC...I'm a believer! ;)

I follwed that pour up with some 09 WLW cut to 110 proof then finished the night with a pour of ORVW 10/90. :cool:

Last night, it was the last of my '77 Yellowstone 86pf. Great bourbon, wish I had more than just a single bottle left. :smiley_acbt:

Last night started out with a little EWB left over in a glass from a prior night followed by OGD 114, a pour of a 6 year Willett for the DC market, finished off with a little age statement OWA.

Baking some Rosemary/Olive/sun-dried tomato bread for Easter, waiting for the Butler/MSU game, and spending some time with Frank Fort tonight (no relation to Dr. Frank N. Furter). Began with AAA 10 yr, moved on to OC 10, next, who knows? Old Taylor? ER 17? Handy? Who knows?

Just watched the Sox in the final Spring Training tune up before starting with the Yanks tomorrow. I was enjoying a RRBiB with a splash of water. Nice. And it is absolutely beautiful here in New England today!!!

Killed three birds by emptying one, buying two more, and now drinking HH BiB. Mmmm.

I've been sippin' Maker's Mark this afternoon. As always, a truly wonderful nose. Very thick legs seeping down the sides of my glass,too. Very, very tasty. This is damn fine bourbon.

A cocktail I devised in recent years, which is a kind of combination of a Manhattan and a Sazerac. It's really a Manhattan with a dash of absinthe, which some early recipes called for - nothing really new under the sun in this area.

I like the faint hint of anise/herbs from the absinthe and the winy undertone from the vermouth. The secret though is in the whiskeys, as usual I use my own blending of bourbons and straight ryes. I have a bit of a house secret, which is, if I think the taste isn't knit together perfectly, I will add a dash of good vodka. I have tried Canadian whisky but usually that puts it off. Vodka rounds the taste and if it is good quality you don't notice the effect. You can't go wrong without it, but I sip these neat and want to get the texture 100% right. I need to come up with a name for this, maybe a Sahattan.

A variation is using half whiskeys, half brandy (ies).

Gary

Having a pour of WTRR 90 and it's much better then I remembered...enjoying this one tonight while watching Butler go to the championship game! ;)

George Dickel Cascade Hollow (Red Label), while enjoying Butler's win, then on to George Dickel Old No. 8 (Black Label), followed by George Dickel No. 12, and now George Dickel Barrel Select - my gosh I like this stuff - and I will finish with a George Dickel 1964 Powderhorn bottling.

I still have to stay a bit low on whiskey as I am on painkillers after shoulder surgery. However I did have a glass of JDSS before the Easter table yesterday. It tasted good but maybe not as good as usual. I think the treatment the anaesthetic team does with tubes and masks in your mouth and nose effects the taste a week or so afterwards.

Leif

George Dickel Cascade Hollow (Red Label), while enjoying Butler's win, then on to George Dickel Old No. 8 (Black Label), followed by George Dickel No. 12, and now George Dickel Barrel Select - my gosh I like this stuff - and I will finish with a George Dickel 1964 Powderhorn bottling.

Continued the WT weekend with some Tradition and WTRR. Won a few bucks on the Wood Memorial and Illinois Derby but gave it back (and then some) on the Santa Anita Derby. I haven't loss my handicapping touch.

:banghead:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!