What are you drinking Spring 2010?

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Out at my brother's club last night after work and all they had was some Bookers. Its been a good 18 months since I had any. Quite tasty. Thick and syrupy with right amount of sweetness. None of that Beam funky yeast flavor. Forgot I had bottle in the bunker. May to revisit Book this summer.

After days and days of looking at my bourbon and not drinking any because of a cold....I enjoyed a '95 OWA last night. It was tasty for sure.

Which Dickel? I haven't had the 8 or the12.

George Dickel Barrel Select reminds me of Four Roses Small Batch.

Rob you gotta get yourself up here and I'll pour some Dickel for ya, among other whiskeys north of Tennessee.

Its nowhere near spring here but I did have uncut 14 years HH bottled by Cadenheads 2006 from a new opened bottle before dinner. It tasted dammed good! WLW 2009 later.

Leif

Having a sample of WTKS Pewter top from Hectic Bob. Man, there's a lot going on here. Sweet corn, peppery rye, some caramel, leather and hay... woody but not too dry on the pretty long finish. Good stuff. Thanks, Bob.

It's a beautiful spring evening.....light rain about 62 deg....sitting on the front porch with a '78 WT 7r 86.6 pf and a stogie.....life is good.

George Dickel Barrel Select reminds me of Four Roses Small Batch.

Rob you gotta get yourself up here and I'll pour some Dickel for ya, among other whiskeys north of Tennessee.

So I threw in the towel and had some 114. First pour I put 1/2 teaspoon water in with my dropper in a 2oz pour and this one I went to 1/4 teaspoon. I like the 1/4 better.

I prefer the zero teaspoon myself Robert.

Leif

Purchased a new bottle of Buffalo Trace yesterday, and drank it at poker last night. I really like BT, particularly the last couple of years. But they even outdid themselves with this bottle. Astoundingly good. BT is hitting on all cylinders with their Flagship Brand.

I'm trying to finish some bottles that have just a small amount left so last night I had;

Willett Green Top

Prichards Double barrel

Van Winkle 10/90

Wild Turkey Tradition 14yo, neat.

I don't think this bottle will survive the weekend.

Oscar,

The WT Tradition is a great pour. I have enjoyed it for a little while. I got a couple of bottles for AC Detroit a while back.

For me: drinking ORVW 23yr 114 proof then I think on to some JRPS and before I leave for the game FRSB D & M bottling.

I am a season ticket holder for

The Stockton Thunder - ECHL Hockey League ( it is 2 steps below the NHL) we actually have had 8 players that are now in the NHL.

I love hockey!!:grin:

My seats are just off to the right side of the attack zone goal (1st and 3rd periods) right on the glass. Awesome seats.

I love hockey!!:grin:

Did you hear about the awesome face washing Red Wings goalie Jimmy "American" Howard gave to Penguin Sidney "Canadien" Crosby last Monday.

Pretty sure NHL Commish Bettman didn't like it.:cool:

Back on topic, I switched to Wild Turkey Rare Breed, neat.

Yes I apologize for going off topic as well.

Yes I saw that I watched it over and over agian on you tube. That was great. Look here I go again.

I'll finish with FR Mariage 2009.

Yes I saw that I watched it over and over agian on you tube.

PM me with the YouTube link, I can't find it.

Thanx in advance.

More, from a terrific bottle of Buffalo Trace. Next, a pinch of 09 Mariage. I'm pacing myself, tonight. I have a long night of being banished to the backyard to listen to the NCAA's on the radio. My daughter has a schoolmate over for a sleepover, Mrs. Smokinjoe is watching the first 12 episodes of Glee, and I have specific instructions to get out and not be embarrassing. :o So, it'll just me, the game, the dog, a cigar, a fire, some bourbon....yeah (sigh)....................if I can only find a way to get to do this tomorrow evening, too!! ;)

Started with a pour of Binny's ETL and now I'm having a pour of FR Mariage 09...I think I like the Binny's ETL better out of a crystal GC glass vs. the glass one that I'm using.

I'm trying to polish off the last of a bottle of Templeton Rye. As this bottle has oxidized over the year that it has been open, the nose has gone from a non specific fruity note to a hearty slice of rye bread.

It is an enjoyable pour.

Having a pour of OF Sig, maybe another 2 pours in the bottle. Once that's gone, I can open a new value pour bottle!

Went to the fish fry at the local Elks last night (not very good). Then retired to the neighbors' house to watch basketball and drink BT.

I did pop a bottle yesterday that I have had in my bunker several years. My exportations for EW 12 were very high. The bigger was my disappointment when the whiskey turned out to be over woody to a dramatic level. A big contract to the excellent Cadenhead 14 years HH bottling I had opened the day before. No idea to put it side by side with EC 12 another day as I had planed.

The WTKS I had later tasted very well though.

Leif

I have specific instructions to get out and not be embarrassing)

I recall hearing those same instructions. This will change with time.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!