Maker's Mark 46

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I like it better the cheaper it gets.

My point on the Costco find was only meant to say that I was slightly surprised to see it there.

Still no gnashing.

It is always a real shame when someone censors himself because he thinks, rightly or wrongly, some group may be less accepting of him.

I agree ….It is just a shame that there is not an emoticon for sarcasm. I’m still unsure what “our type†may be.

I am a big fan of regular Maker's. I think it's terrific whiskey. I'm also a big fan of Maker's 46. I think it's terrific whiskey, too. I continue to be amazed that a few staves and 6 months time changed the whiskey as much as it did. I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle. For me, it's the best new whiskey of 2010, save for possibly the Parker's 10 yr.

Context is everything. The purpose of 46 was so that Maker's drinkers could drink something a little different without leaving the family. You know, like when your wife lets you sleep with her sister.

You know, like when your wife lets you sleep with her sister.

That would NOT be a step up.

(we need a shudder smilie)

The bourbon pickings are mighty slim here on the Big Island, so any time we get a new brand or expression, it's a good thing. I've been making a nuisance of myself at the local liquor store regarding their stocking Maker's 46, so they finally brought in a case. I like MM, so I'm predisposed to like 46, too. And like it I do. 46 is a little "bigger" than MM, and the tartness and whiff of white dog are submerged in the cinnamon. This whisky should cause the good folks over at BT, font of fine wheaters, to take notice.

Ummm....why would BT even worry about MM? BT has a 7/90-12/90-7/107, plus Pappy versions of their wheater.

MM has a regular and a slightly modded regular at their disposal.

I don't see why BT should fret??? Seems like MM should be the one worrying.

I wrote "take notice", not "fret" or "worry". If Maker's 46 attracts a sizeable number of devotees, it likely will be at the expense not only of regular MM but of other wheater producers like BT. In an expanding bourbon market where a producer can easily sell everything he makes, it wouldn't matter. In a stagnant or contracting market where someone buying a bottle of wheated bourbon chooses Maker's 46 over a Weller or a Van Winkel, then I'd expect BT to take notice and examine their marketing strategy.

In a stagnant or contracting market where someone buying a bottle of wheated bourbon chooses Maker's 46 over a Weller or a Van Winkel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.