What Did You Pass Up Today? Fall 2010-Winter/Spring 2011

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On the way home from Minnesota yesterday, I passed on a WT Tradition and some Fleishman's Rye. Joe

Left on the shelves in Nashville area complete BTAC 09. There is at least 12 Hamby bottles. Only wish I had grabbed a saz 18. I don't understand how BT alots the antiques. The current bottling ships within the month and Knoxville will sell out within a week of placement on the shelf. It would make sense to me to place your product in higher concentration where there was increased demand. tim

Gotta disagree with you doc. If that were true you'd have no hope of future dusty hunting and you'd get what happens here in VA where some hoarder (or worse reseller) can inventory and buy up all the best bottles with virtually no effort. Call me old school, but I love the hunt!

• 2 weeks later...

I passed up a bottle of the WH Harrison Reserve, some 03 WTKS SDT, and some 94 Old Forester BIB. Joe

• 2 weeks later...

went into the store to see if there was any pappy on the shelf, and saw jack daniels single barrel on sale for $35 from the usual $45. I've never had a pour and it took some will power not to grab it off the shelf.

went into the store to see if there was any pappy on the shelf, ....

Went looking for Pappy 15 also, found two bottles .... @ $89.98 each!!:bigeyes:

I passed. Instead got ORWV 10/107 for $39.99.

Went looking for Pappy 15 also, found two bottles .... @ $89.98 each!!:bigeyes:

That's insanity. Truth be told though, before I knew anything about bourbon or pricing I once overpaid royally for some PVW15. I'm never doing that again.

Passed on the bottles of 2010 WLW and Thomas Handy....had a hard time spending more money.

However I did end up picking up a 2010 George Stagg, Old Weller Antique 107 and some Four Roses SB.

First time I had tasted the OWA in the new bottle, broke it open tonight....pretty impressed for the price. However like the old look like my bottle of ORVW10/107.

Have a feeling I am going to really regret getting a bottle of the William Larue Weller.

I passed up on two bottles of the 2008 BTAC WLarueW, they had it priced at $89.99 plus 6% sales tax.

2010 state minimum is $70.97 plus 6%.

Got a call today from one of my local liquor stores saying they got in some pappy, 12, 15, 20, 23.

So I went down there, had 3 bottles of the 23($320ea), 3 of the 20($119), 12 bottles of the 12 and the 15 for $69 and $89. Could NOT believe they had that many and could NOT REALLY believe they had them for that price. I hate the ABC prices pushed in this state to the local package stores. Alabama sucks.

Got a call today from one of my local liquor stores saying they got in some pappy, 12, 15, 20, 23.

So I went down there, had 3 bottles of the 23($320ea), 3 of the 20($119), 12 bottles of the 12 and the 15 for $69 and $89. Could NOT believe they had that many and could NOT REALLY believe they had them for that price. I hate the ABC prices pushed in this state to the local package stores. Alabama sucks.

Around where I am, it's the opposite. The ABC stores have them for more moderate prices (when you can find them) and the small local guys generally mark it up pretty ridiculously because they know how rare it is.

Passed up quite a few today:

ER17 - 89.99

SAZ18 - 89.99

Handy - 99.99

Stagg - 99.99

Weller - 119.99

Pappy 15 - 89.99

Lot B - 49.99

VWFRR - 59.99

PVW23 - 209.99

As well as a bunch of others at outstanding prices.

ER17 - 89.99

SAZ18 - 89.99

Handy - 99.99

Stagg - 99.99

Weller - 119.99

Pappy 15 - 89.99

Lot B - 49.99

VWFRR - 59.99

PVW23 - 209.99

LOL were you in Georgetown? Those prices are ridiculous!

LOL were you in Georgetown? Those prices are ridiculous!

$99.99/bottle has become quite common, unfortunately. Although it wasn't Georgetown, I'm curious as to why you ask?

I did find a ND OGDBIB in Georgetown a few weeks ago.

ER17 - 89.99

SAZ18 - 89.99

Handy - 99.99

Stagg - 99.99

Weller - 119.99

Pappy 15 - 89.99

Lot B - 49.99

VWFRR - 59.99

PVW23 - 209.99

Lot B for $49.99 is not bad.

Just called a TN liquor store where i got my Stagg a couple weeks ago for $87.99. I ended up passing on the WLW, but now...

He got in some Pappy and some more Handy, ER17, WLW. So ive got to figure out what i need. I have not had the VW12, is it closest to ORVW107?

PVW12B - $51.99

PVW20 - $99

Handy - $82

ER17 - $82

WLW - $82

OWA7/107 -$23

Looks like I am getting a VW12 and a couple more bottles of OWA but having bought Stagg, PVW15/20, orvw107 and a bottle of OWA already i am having a hard time snagging that rare WLW bottle.

$99.99/bottle has become quite common, unfortunately. Although it wasn't Georgetown, I'm curious as to why you ask?

I did find a ND OGDBIB in Georgetown a few weeks ago.

Georgetown (and the surrounding area) tends to have a pretty good selection, but is a bit of a "tourist trap" as far as prices go. There is enough money in the area that several liquor stores will stock BTAC/Pappy's etc, but they always charge a premium and regularly get it. VABC has Lot B for $49.99 all day and sometimes on sale as low as $40 (that's when I buy).

Passed up that new Woodford Maple Finish. $100 a bottle. Umnope.

Passed up Some Lot B for something close to $60. Umnope.

Passed up 5 bottles of GTS 2010 for $78.50. Umnothanks.

Do the state stores carry Pappy where your at or is it just the local little man?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.