What Did You Pass Up Today? Fall 2010-Winter/Spring 2011

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A few hours of hunting resulted in passing up a lot. The only thing I really thought hard about was GTS. I've been looking for it but $85 is just too much. I picked up ORVW 10/107 and two bottles of the old OWA 7/107 with age statement for $90 total. That made it easier to leave the GTS.

I passed up (3) 1.75ml bottles of ND OGD 86 proof, and a 97 EWSB. I did however tell a fellow bourbon drinker where they were, and I believe he will be picking them up shortly.

BTW, is the AA100 still distributed in the US? The shop owner said it was Japan only now, and I'm not sure I've ever actually seen any in a store.

AA BIB is still available in the U.S. as far as I know. A shop in DC has it for about $15 a bottle (at least I think that's what I paid for the last bottle I picked up).

BTW, is the AA100 still distributed in the US? The shop owner said it was Japan only now, and I'm not sure I've ever actually seen any in a store.

Passed up a OCRP slope shoulder, 2 OCPR non-slopes, some ETL gold wax, 03 OFBB, DSP 16 OFBIB, ND OGD and OT... Some other fun things too.

Passed up a OCRP slope shoulder, 2 OCPR non-slopes, some ETL gold wax, 03 OFBB, DSP 16 OFBIB, ND OGD and OT... Some other fun things too.

Wow, glad I'm moving out to Seattle.

It's okay you can still drink Jake's stash. I do.:grin:

Well, regardless of bourbon distribution, I am actually quite excited to be making my way out to WA towards the beginning of the summer, and look forward to meeting some of you bourbonians that live out there. It'll be a big move for me.

I don't have much to add in way of the actual subject of this thread, though. I may just not know where to look, but I don't find many surprise goodies in Tallahassee, so when I do I don't pass them up. Unless you count the $250 Pappy 23 that has been sitting on the shelf of my local store for the past 6 months, collecting dust.

I came across a few bottles of EWSB '95/'05. I've only tasted it once, the newest version, and wasn't a huge fan. They were $28 which seemed a bit high since I can get the new ones for under $20. Was that a mistake?

I came across a few bottles of EWSB '95/'05. I've only tasted it once, the newest version, and wasn't a huge fan. They were $28 which seemed a bit high since I can get the new ones for under $20. Was that a mistake?

That's pre-fire HH juice I believe. So no.

Came across some more 141.4 Stagg that I may have to go get, also saw some VWFRR for the first time ever in this area. Some place that had Stagg had '09 and '10 Saz18, '10 ER17, I think it was '08 and '10 Larue so if they sit there a while I may eventually be adding them to my absurd bunker.

Nivto -

Please, let us know when you make it out here. We will give you a proper introduction to the area. My bunker is always open. Dave (CaptainQ) can attest to this... he drinks more of my whiskey than I do. I certainly don't claim my bunker to be absurd, but there is enough there to keep you busy for quite some time.

Nivto -

Please, let us know when you make it out here. We will give you a proper introduction to the area. My bunker is always open. Dave (CaptainQ) can attest to this... he drinks more of my whiskey than I do. I certainly don't claim my bunker to be absurd, but there is enough there to keep you busy for quite some time.

Thank you very much for the offer! I do appreciate it, and as the time is getting closer to the move I will be sure to get in touch.

Passed on the flavored whiskys. What a marketing concept, cut the whisky with cherry flavored water, lower the proof and keep the price up there.

Later today Passed on Pappy 15 year at $62.49 a bottle and as soon as I moved away the guy next to me grabbed it.

At $90, I passed on a WLW 117.9.

This bottle was not on the shelf 2 months ago. I just appeared out of the blue.

I passed up a WLW today for $73 which may have been a big mistake. I bought an ER 10 yr for $27 and some more Weller 12 yr to make up for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Passed a WLW 126.6 (whichever year that is) at a local ABC. $78.99 was just too much for me.

Passed a WLW 126.6 (whichever year that is) at a local ABC. $78.99 was just too much for me.
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Good call, that 126.6 is the 2010 and the worst of the 6.

It is hot anyway you cut it.

Passed on a lot of great bottles, just getting a little too pricey.

ORVW 10/90 @ $34.99, 2 bottles

Lot B @ $54.99, 8 bottles

PVW 15 @ $69.99, 6 bottles

PVW 23 @ $229.99 1 bottle

2010 BTAC all @ $79.99

GTS, 6 bottles

WLW, 5 bottles

ER 17, 9 bottles

Saz 18, 6 bottles

Handy, 6 bottles

Last year at this time, I paid $59.99 each for all of the 2009 BTAC, $69.99 for PVW 20, $48.99 for PVW 15 and $27.99 for ORVW 10/107 at this same store. I'm glad I bought all they had.

Anyway, I sure all of these will all be gone in a week, well maybe not the ER 17 and the Handy.

Jim

79.99 is all i see for BTAC in CA as well. That is the best lot b price i've seen out here though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.