What Did You Pass Up Today? Fall 2010-Winter/Spring 2011

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Weller 12, 2010 WLW and Pappy 20. :bigeyes: What was I thinking? :skep: Joe

Weller 12, 2010 WLW and Pappy 20. :bigeyes: What was I thinking? :skep: Joe

That's what I was thinking!:lol:

Jefferson Presidential Select 18 year. It was tempting, but I'm finding myself so enamored with the ORVW 10/107, I'm having a hard time drinking anything else. DAMN YOU BOTM!!!

Left a Parker Heritage as I was looking for Bernheim.

Which one? The first and the most recent are both great. If it was either of these you should go back and spend $80/

Will

The latest one Will, the wheat version, which sells for $69.95 at my local. As a general rule I prefer rye recipe Bourbons so the Parker didn't excite me that much. Over the years I have swallowed a lot of high tone whisky and my curiosity level no longer insists I buy whatever 'newest' expression is out there.

The latest one Will, the wheat version, which sells for $69.95 at my local. As a general rule I prefer rye recipe Bourbons so the Parker didn't excite me that much. Over the years I have swallowed a lot of high tone whisky and my curiosity level no longer insists I buy whatever 'newest' expression is out there.

You're passing up a great bourbon but it is a free country.

A few days ago I saw two bottles of '09 Mariage on a shelf for $71.99. I bought one, but passed on buying both.

Lately I have been going through the Four Roses lineup (Yellow Label, Small Batch, Single Barrel, and 2010 Small Batch LE). I have really enjoyed them all and find the Single Barrel and 2010 Small Batch LE to be excellent.

I hope the '09 Mariage is as good as everyone here has said. And if it is, maybe I should go pick up that last bottle...

A few days ago I saw two bottles of '09 Mariage on a shelf for $71.99. I bought one, but passed on buying both.

Lately I have been going through the Four Roses lineup (Yellow Label, Small Batch, Single Barrel, and 2010 Small Batch LE). I have really enjoyed them all and find the Single Barrel and 2010 Small Batch LE to be excellent.

I hope the '09 Mariage is as good as everyone here has said. And if it is, maybe I should go pick up that last bottle...

Open the first bottle and give it a try but my first bottle and my second bottle didn't taste anything a like.

Went into a store near my office that I've never bothered to visit. Small place with an OK bourbon selection. Nothing really caught my eye until I looked up on the top shelf where there were two bottles of Parker's Heritage Collection first edition. Looked at the proof - 129.6. I've had some before and preferred the first of the three releases. At $80, pass.

Redemption High-Rye Bourbon. It was cheap enough, but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Went into a store near my office that I've never bothered to visit. Small place with an OK bourbon selection. Nothing really caught my eye until I looked up on the top shelf where there were two bottles of Parker's Heritage Collection first edition. Looked at the proof - 129.6. I've had some before and preferred the first of the three releases. At $80, pass.

FYI, those are great.

Passed on PVW 23 at $177.99. Have one half empty at home and honestly it's not worth the extra $75 over the PVW 20.

Passed on the Knob Creek SB. I was very excited to see it sitting on the shelf at my local store until I noticed the price: $48.99 :bigeyes: Considering the regular KC is $25.99 at the Sam's club just down the road I passed. I thought it was going to retail at about $40 and I would have paid that without hesitation. I just have a hard time imagining this to be in the Lot B or Blanton's echelon which is the same price. Hoprfully I can find it cheaper soon as I really do want to try it.

That's quite a price increase over the regular expression, we will see whether it sells well enough to stay in that range.

I picked up the KCSB for $39.00 and change. It's decent, but it isn't really any better than the regular expression. Other than being 120 proof, it really isn't very special. Just my .02.

I saw a Buff Trace Experimental "lost barrels" bottle today that I did not get. Too many other bottles on the list. If its still there tomorrow and someone really wants it, I would be willing to work out a trade

I saw a Buff Trace Experimental "lost barrels" bottle today that I did not get.
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Is that the extra aged Old Charter?

I didn't know it was out yet.

What was the price on it?

I bought an '06 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon for $30 and left the '04 on the shelf. Kinda like it and wonder if I should go back for the '04.

I passed on a Parker's 27 that was marked down to 136 from 170 (still not low enough), same place has the 10 year Wheat for 75 still so hopefully that'll get marked down eventually. Also had some VWFRR that I'm probably going to have to go back for. Did grab a WT Rye for $17, nice price.

That's right, also passed up the new Knob Creek 120. It was priced at $38 which isn't bad, but I'm just not buying that one until I've tasted it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.