What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Spring 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Jim Beam Black for Poker tomorrow. We always try to have some thing different to sample during our bi-weekly poker game.

Maybe those who follow the BTAC collection in passing are turned away by the young age?

I think this is the case. 'They' know BTAC is good, and they know age statements are good, but that's about it. You will impress your friends a lot more with 17 or 18 year old whiskey, than with high proof.

Nabbed a pair of RR101 at the local Hen House grocery store. They were doing a reset and found them in the back storeroom. There was no price on the shelf, so the manager offered them at $24 each.

This is probably the most unlikely score I've ever made.

Picked up a couple of those Kirkland's Bourbons. Heck, I'll give it a whirl for $19.99 a bottle. If I don't like it, I'll sell it to Troyce for $30. The other bottle I'm taking to the Gazebo, to see if some guy wants to drop $200 on it for his girlfriend...:D Wow, can Sampler be just 3 weeks away?

Nabbed a pair of RR101 at the local Hen House grocery store. They were doing a reset and found them in the back storeroom. There was no price on the shelf, so the manager offered them at $24 each.

This is probably the most unlikely score I've ever made.

At the store, looking for a <$15 bottle, but ended up taking home FR Yellow Label. It was on sale for $17. Close enough.

in Atlanta for the weekend... always nice stopping in a new liquor store and being able to buy some interesting stuff without paying shipping

Jim Rutledge signed Four Roses 2010 SmB LE, High West Double Rye, and a six pack of Founders Dirty Bastard

I'm looking forward to all three of them as they are all new to me

Scored a WTAS for 49.99. They get it in once a month or so and price it at $50, no sale, just regular price for them. That bottle $79-$85 easy anywhere else in town.

in Atlanta for the weekend... always nice stopping in a new liquor store and being able to buy some interesting stuff without paying shipping

Jim Rutledge signed Four Roses 2010 SmB LE, High West Double Rye, and a six pack of Founders Dirty Bastard

That Founders dirty bastard is tasty!

Picked up a WhistlePig and Baker's

What brings you up to Atlanta? Are you staying in town (like Buckhead)? There are some good stores that you can hit depending on where you're staying.

My girlfriend and I were originally coming to see some music on Thursday but decided to make it a weekend stay since we have a few friends here. I'm staying at the Marriott on 14th in Midtown. I stopped by Macs today since it seemed closest. Nice selection, although not the greatest prices. Any other recommendations?

Had been searching relentlessly for Pappy 15 with no luck. So I finally purchased a bottle of Pappy 20. I am pumped to try it. Will report back, but I am expecting big things.:grin:

OGD 114, Weller 12, VSOF, Henry McKenna SB 10yr, and FRSB barrel strength McScrooges private selection. Mmmmm mm good.

TW Samuels BIB

JW Dant BIB

Heaven Hill white label BIB

VOB BIB

Just wanted to sample more of the bottom shelf BIB's. I know the VOB BIB is a great value bourbon.

Hopped in the car with BourbonNoog and drove to the next town over. I got into the KBD - got a Johnny Drum, Rowan's Creek, and Old Bardstown (the high proof job). Also got a Weller 12, a Pikesville Rye and a Bulleit Rye. Good day - bad weather.

I got a parcel with some standard bottle backups yesterday. Rittenhouse BIB, JDSS, Dickel 12 and EC 12. I have been drained out of Dickel for a wile now so the no 12 were very awaited.

Leif

Need to run some errands so I will pick up a bottle of Early Times 354. I'm not expecting a whole lot but Summer's coming on and we can always use another mixer.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!