What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Spring 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Also got a bottle of Angel's Envy. (Actually, since my wife attended the tasting with me, I got two. :cool: )

Thanks for coming to the tasting!

Wes

Same as Tom.....a bottle of Angel's Envy. And rightfully named! Instant fan. Lots of vanilla on the nose and palate. The port finish is divine. An outstanding bourbon. And what a great price! I was disappointed we could only get one each.

Wes (who was thrilled we made the trip all the way from Indy) was gracious enough to give Tom, Dale, and I a small pour of the cask strength straight from the port barrel. REALLY looking forward to it's future release. What a fantastic dram.

Josh

Sent from my iPhone

Great to see you guys last night. You made a long trip to NKY, and it was greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Wes

Just got back from Party Source and attending the initial retail rollout of Angels Envy. They limited us to one bottle each tonight and I definitely brought that home with me.

Tom

Thanks Tom! Great to see you guys. Hope you enjoyed the cask strength sample...

Wes

Was at the store getting groceries and swung through the liquor section and got a EC 12 year old, then noticed they had some more BTAC behind the counter, so I grabbed another WLW and a Handy. It is nice that my favorite grocery also has the best bourbon selection in town, camouflages bourbon purchases that way, but not enough to hide that Pappy 23 they have.

One of my poker buddies, who just returned from 3 wks in London, just dropped off 2 bottles of JD Silver Select for me. I remember really enjoying trying Leif's bottle while at Randy's Shindig last May. Looking forward to cracking one open, tonight.

Picked up Bookers for $37.99 and High West Roundevous Rye For $43.99

Regards,Mike

Picked up Bookers for $37.99 and High West Roundevous Rye For $43.99

Regards,Mike

Great price on the Bookers and also a very decent bourbon... my favorite Beam product at this time. Also like the Rendezvous when I look for an easy to drink rye with some nice spice notes.

Picked up a case of Everett's Weller SR 1.75's. :grin: Joe

Yesterday I picked up my first bottle of Henry McKenna 10 BiB for around $30. Had a pour when I got home and was instantly impressed.

Same McKenna expression impressed me as well, HH is doing a good job with this one.

Picked up a case of Everett's Weller SR 1.75's. :grin: Joe

There went your KY spending money :shocked:

picked up the trilogy for just under $200 - cash deal

trilogy.jpg

I hope you didn't find those in Indy..:skep: .. Im still waiting on my phone call....:rolleyes:

Picked up several bottles of EWSB 2001 and a Wild Turkey for the bunker.

picked up the trilogy for just under $200 - cash deal

trilogy.jpg

That's a great pic!! (Makes me want a pour not just anywhere but at that location.) I look forward to seeing more of your photos here at SB.

Thank you!! I'll soon be posting another photograph with a 3 bottle set, although these will be different spirits from the same distiller.

TOP NOTCH WHISKEY!! soon to come

Thank you!! I'll soon be posting another photograph with a 3 bottle set, although these will be different spirits from the same distiller.

TOP NOTCH WHISKEY!! soon to come

Keep them coming. Great pictures for sure!

On the way out to Augusta, GA, I picked up a Four Roses Yellow Label, WLW 2010 (my first one), Virginia Gentleman 90, and a VW "Lot B."

On the way out to Augusta, GA, I picked up a Four Roses Yellow Label, WLW 2010 (my first one), Virginia Gentleman 90, and a VW "Lot B."

Hey Jack, so much for blowing your bourbon budget last Friday!! :lol:

BTW, does the VG have an embossed fox head on the bottle? If not, try and save a little for our next ATL get-together. We can do a comparison of one that does. Who won the Par 3 Tournament?

Cheers!

Bought some Weller SR today while I'm in Houston for a few days. Never had it, but I can't find any Wellers where I live in Western New York. For 20 bones I couldn't pass it up.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!