What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Spring 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

PHC 2010 (127.8) for the bunker.

Passed on the 27 and Golden Anniv. behind the glass. Maybe next time.

Did you go to Tower on Piedmont? I was there last night - they had three PHC 2010 and I had all three in hand - at the end I put one back and took two home. I thought about the Golden Anniversary also....they have two of them, so I hope you leave one for me! haha

Did you go to Tower on Piedmont? I was there last night - they had three PHC 2010 and I had all three in hand - at the end I put one back and took two home. I thought about the Golden Anniversary also....they have two of them, so I hope you leave one for me! haha

Jack, thanks for leaving that last 2010 at Tower!

The wife would shoot me for spending $150 for a bottle of bourbon, but since the State of Georgia was kind enough to return all the taxes I paid them last year I think I deserve a little treat; I'll make sure to leave a Golden Anniversary for you.

I was surprised by the "in your face" alcohol of Noah's Mill. To my taste, it is a very unique bourbon...not quite like anything I've tasted before. For its proof (just over 114), I was expecting something more like OGD 114, not in flavor profile but in the upfront alcohol. I did enjoy it, but I think it needs to open up (and calm down) slightly for me!

White Dog, I do have one FR SmB LE open and enjoy it very much...that led to this new addition to the bunker.

I ended up adding two PHC 10 YO Wheaters to the bunker today as well (I currently have one open and enjoy it very much also).

At the risk of pissing Drew off I will bet dollars to doughnuts that Noah's Mill is Evan Williams BIB at barrel strength.

At the risk of pissing Drew off I will bet dollars to doughnuts that Noah's Mill is Evan Williams BIB at barrel strength.

Not sure if I buy this... the Noah's is a 114 range proofer and IMO clearly exhibits far more age and complexity than the EW BIB (which is a favorite of mine). I suspect NM is a blend of several whiskeys..

13? That's a haul and ... you should give one to me to avoid bad luck.

I was thinking the same thing. The 13th is prepped for the draining at a friend's dinner party tonight. 13 is the perfect amount to buy, you can drink one, and still bunker a case.

13 is the perfect amount to buy, you can drink one, and still bunker a case.

Bulleit Rye for $21. I haven't tried it yet, but was impressed by the smell

You could smell it through the cork?

What were the prices at Tower for those 10yr PHC's?

2- ORVW 10/107

2- WLW 12yr

1- ETL

Passed on 4 of the Thomas Handy Sazerac. Is this the least desired of the BTAC because I never see any of the others in stock but this one is always there hanging?

Passed on 4 of the Thomas Handy Sazerac. Is this the least desired of the BTAC because I never see any of the others in stock but this one is always there hanging?

It seems like it, but I beg to differ. I put the Handy above the ER17 and Saz18. I just don't like most of the low proof juice, especially not for 50 bucks a bottle.

Guest wripvanwrinkle
It seems like it, but I beg to differ. I put the Handy above the ER17 and Saz18. I just don't like most of the low proof juice, especially not for 50 bucks a bottle.

I absolutely agree. For the high proof, honey barrel quality, I think that Handy is one heck of a buy.

The Handy I saw today was $67 at both locations. Is that a fair or comprable price to what you see in your area. I wanted to get some Stagg, but I may go back and get one of these to try.

The Handy I saw today was $67 at both locations. Is that a fair or comprable price to what you see in your area. I wanted to get some Stagg, but I may go back and get one of these to try.

That seems to be a fair price. I'd pick up a bottle.

Absolutely love the Handy, got a couple bottles in the bunker. Very disappointed in the Saz18 and the ER17, DEFINITELY have them lower than Handy.

While I like the Saz 18 very much, I can't understand why Handy hangs around. It's a wonderful rye with a much more complex flavor palate than most ryes today. Maybe those who follow the BTAC collection in passing are turned away by the young age?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!